Thievery Is Indeed A Big Role For The Game...

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Henrik in 2021: Thievery is coming shortly after release.

Henrik in 2024: We're pumping out more armours, mounts and dungeons! Oh, and the community apparently voted for this but not thievery... 🤡

Screenshot_20240317_164151_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Henrik in 2021: Thievery is coming shortly after release.

Henrik in 2024: We're pumping out more armours, mounts and dungeons! Oh, and the community apparently voted for this but not thievery... 🤡

View attachment 6314

Not sure how they interpreted the numbers when they did their poll.

But if they based it on averages then controversial content could be at a disadvantage.

A basic thing that everyone is at least lukewarm about having it in the game would probably have a better average than something more controversial.

This could possibly explain why we got a lot of basic content on top of thievery even though there could have been alot of high votes for thievery.

The low ones could have just pulled the average down to much.

Not trying to justify anything since I agree that thieving should have been in game along time ago.

At the very least it would make the human clade gift for pilfering have some kind of meaning.

It seems like they would want to fill in these gaps in the game before adding more of the same content already in game.

Personally I just want to be able to lock pick again. Which they don't really even bring up when talking about thievery. So I hope it is still planned.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Not sure how they interpreted the numbers when they did their poll.

But if they based it on averages then controversial content could be at a disadvantage.

A basic thing that everyone is at least lukewarm about having it in the game would probably have a better average than something more controversial.

This could possibly explain why we got a lot of basic content on top of thievery even though there could have been alot of high votes for thievery.

The low ones could have just pulled the average down to much.

Not trying to justify anything since I agree that thieving should have been in game along time ago.

At the very least it would make the human clade gift for pilfering have some kind of meaning.

It seems like they would want to fill in these gaps in the game before adding more of the same content already in game.

Personally I just want to be able to lock pick again. Which they don't really even bring up when talking about thievery. So I hope it is still planned.
I think the open-door and free-for-all voting system created a lot of distrust in many people, which is probably the single main reason that caused the entire controversy.

For all future polls, I think they should do it like how EVE Online does, where survey emails with unique identifiers are sent to those with an actual game account. Once the survey is filled out, the link no longer works.

This one vote per account system would have made everyone more at ease and accepting of the results, regardless of how it went.

Reactions: Amadman