Thievery Removed From Roadmap

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
LOL...this is hilarious -

1. Oh yea...I'm just POSITVE thats what these "veterans" are there for "content". You know, sitting/hovering outside the FIRST town a noob just arrived in. Walks out the door to hit the cemetary to actually figure things out. Vet comes and 3 shots em, DELETES his gear and then stands around waiting for the next "round".
What amazing content! That must be it, some super secret passage way or hidden chest with a boss mob that NOBODY else knows about. I'm sure thats gotta be it. Yup, they are just there for the "content".

2. Thats it, they are ignorant. You know, they JUST got out of haven. Have NO idea whats going on. But they are a-holes. What was I thinking. Damn these kids for not spending a week STUDYING a broken wiki and dead info sites, not to mention the non-stop changes/bugs. But hey! They are a-holes for TRYING.

I'm not even gonna comment on the logic with the "chess game".

Same old crap- keep selling yourselves that "ITS NOT US ITS THEM!!! ITS THE NOOBS WERE NOT THE PROBLEM!".

Truth is you are ALREADY feeding on each other because the playerbase is down 30%+ and is CONTINUING to decline based on log in #'s.
You can go ahead and "pretend" tell yourselves its great. But when the streamers are now realizing theres NO NOOBS left to grief/kill at the cemetary they are already beginning to log into other games mid stream.

But hey, just keep believing that "THIS TIME" its gonna be different!!! "THIS TIME" people are gonna go study and WORK at a game just so they can inch 20ft outside of a wall and kill a few zombies. Yup its gonna be different, these #'s are gonna go up!

Keep it up guys! Just keep that "MAYBE THIS AINT THE GAME FOR U BRUH???"..."OH THEY WOULD HAVE QUIT ANYWAYS, THEY JUST CANT HANDLE IT".

Clown world.
They do that so you cry in town or help chat how you got your wig split in the graveyard and the veteran players will know there is pvp outside.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
There is a fundamental failure to understand the purpose of a "veteran" being able to gank at a graveyard.

The game's content comes from the players.

You know that scripted event you see in 99% of other games? Where something happens, and you get your team together to fight it?

That is how this game works, but WITHOUT scripting. Players drive the events on this game.

If someone is killing people persistently at the graveyard, what happens? They give people purpose. You need your villains so your heroes have something to do.

You should be thanking that guy for having the initiative to create an event in the world. Do you not understand that? They ARE the content. They are the reason to get gear. They are the reason you're doing anything in the game at all. To build to a point where you can enact your will on the ingame world, whatever that may be; villainous, heroic or somewhere inbetween.

Don't like the guy killing people at the graveyard? Don't like people bullying the weak? Well, now you've got a reason to put your gear on and go defend them. You like bullying people? You like getting a rise out of people, or you just want to take their stuff to advance your own progress? Then you kill people at a graveyard. Maybe you are the weakling being bullied in the graveyard.. You have a choice to ask for help, and then they have the choice whether or not to help you or not.

The game is made in a way where constant moral dilemma's come up and you have to make choices. Why do you think the missions don't let you share the NPCs (Aside from the bosses, which is a shame, it'd be a bloodbath)? Because they want you to be confronted with a dilemma, in turn, this leads to potential events. The game is meticulously designed with this endgoal in mind. Player based events.

LOOK at the bigger picture. I swear, some people can't see the whole ecosystem at play in this game. You need people to do things like this in the graveyard. It is how the game creates it's events : via the players.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
There is a fundamental failure to understand the purpose of a "veteran" being able to gank at a graveyard.

The game's content comes from the players.

You know that scripted event you see in 99% of other games? Where something happens, and you get your team together to fight it?

That is how this game works, but WITHOUT scripting. Players drive the events on this game.

If someone is killing people persistently at the graveyard, what happens? They give people purpose. You need your villains so your heroes have something to do.

You should be thanking that guy for having the initiative to create an event in the world. Do you not understand that? They ARE the content. They are the reason to get gear. They are the reason you're doing anything in the game at all. To build to a point where you can enact your will on the ingame world, whatever that may be; villainous, heroic or somewhere inbetween.

Don't like the guy killing people at the graveyard? Don't like people bullying the weak? Well, now you've got a reason to put your gear on and go defend them. You like bullying people? You like getting a rise out of people, or you just want to take their stuff to advance your own progress? Then you kill people at a graveyard. Maybe you are the weakling being bullied in the graveyard.. You have a choice to ask for help, and then they have the choice whether or not to help you or not.

The game is made in a way where constant moral dilemma's come up and you have to make choices. Why do you think the missions don't let you share the NPCs (Aside from the bosses, which is a shame, it'd be a bloodbath)? Because they want you to be confronted with a dilemma, in turn, this leads to potential events. The game is meticulously designed with this endgoal in mind. Player based events.

LOOK at the bigger picture. I swear, some people can't see the whole ecosystem at play in this game. You need people to do things like this in the graveyard. It is how the game creates it's events : via the players.
A case in point, someone started a guild back in MO1 because the horse snipers were taking down other people's mounts parked outside the bank from afar. By putting himself between the horse sniper and their next victim, it blocked the line of fire.

The person then went on to do transport jobs for those who didn't want to risk it because they had enemies or had too many things to transport and needed additional runners. He kept his clients' identities anonymous so no one knew who he was working for, or what he was transporting.

The PKers, guild politics and all the large-scale macro stuff you see going on between guilds were what created content for the smaller players like him and made the world fun and interesting for him.

That person was me. :)

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
so a troll mechanic for trolls. Great exactly what the game needs...
Pssst... This is a ruthless full loot PVP game that boasts how "hardcore" it is compared to other games. My little hand in your pocket would feel like a tickle in such a dire place... ~giggles~ 😁

Fun Fact: Thievery was easy to counter in MO1 if you took the initiative to do so

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
so a troll mechanic for trolls. Great exactly what the game needs...
Troll mechaics existing isnt the problem. Its the risk/time vs. reward problem. Running around naked and stealing 250g regularly would be a bad mechanic. Its just like mining. I dont care getting slapped while naked mining... but i do mind that mining takes so godamn long and is so boring that its hard to stay vigilant.