Mortal Online 2: The Injustice of a player base

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
I dont agree with this.
The only reason being is FF have to have the weapon skill to get more damage from the weapon. Yes the damage bonus is where they get most of their damage. But they still have to spend 100 points to get extra damage. Its not much more either for the 100 points.
The Mental Offense gives us a 100% damage increase in magic. Not just ECU, Literally every offensive spell gets a buff from 100 points. Even Healing is effected by it. Its not like we need ECU Mental focus, Necro Mental focus, Spirtism Mental focus. Where foot fighters have to use 100points for each weapon type.
But I guess a better comparison would be aggressive stance. Because that is like our mental offensive. So It takes 100points from each to do more damage, And 100points for each weapon type/magic school. But you also are not forced to take aggressive stance to go do good damage Where as a mage that dose not have Mental Offense you would be shit as fuck with out it.
So if they buffed mental focus to reduce mana usage by 75% that would give every mage the ability to cast just one more fulm/FS
But on paper 75% sounds broken as fuck. But in reality it would only allow me to cast 5 flame strikes before I am low on mana, besides just 4 so that would not really help.

I really hate my one point

If there was some way mages could block/take less physical damage and actually have it be good. Unlike defensive stance that only reduces 3-5 damage. That is not worth 100 points. When u can have around 40 psy and reduce magic damage by 20, and your chances to resist so you only take 9 damage from an out burst and 19 damage on a fulm.
Perhaps There could be a dex mechanic that gives you % chance to "dodge" an attack.
But this would only be balanced if it was only available to mages. Given that they wont be weighed down by heavy armor.
Because if you have a dex fighter with his max speed, heavy armor and now the ability to dodge an attack that would be broken as fuck.
Maybe only make the doge effect take place if the person has less then 7kg of armor on?

The issue here is, and you even said it, the FF has to put points into skills for extra damage. Without mental offense spells are like being slapped by a wet noodle.. Mental Offense actually increases magic damage by 200% at 100. Every spell that does damage goes up, yes but without it you aren't even doing damage like at all. Without skills a FF is still doing decent damage. I have to put points into Mental Offense, Ecumenical, Vitalism, Mana regeneration, etc just to be at a baseline for magic. The issue here is every other playstyle is already at a baseline. The skills you choose and the stats you choose just make you better. Magic is literally nothing without the skills maxed. On top of that you can't just go craft yourself a spell.. you have to go find it randomly from an enemy or buy it from a broker.

The investment in time, money, and skill points that you need to be a mage is insane. I like the idea of needing to find my spells and such but the starting spells at least need tuned up a bit to allow me to even play the game to find said spells. Mages also need some sort of self-defense.. like a shield spell would do wonders.

When it comes down to it just to get to like a comparative baseline with an FF's damage and survivability I already *need* to spend about 500 skill points. Just to get to the point the FF would be at with nothing. The Vitalism skills and Mental Training skills shouldn't be primaries whatsoever. Those should be secondary as they're absolutely required to even be a mage in the first place. An FF definitely doesn't need to spend that much to at least basically wield their weapon and shield.

As for your next part about a dodge, that could easily be implemented by armor weight. Like the lower your armor weight %, and the higher your dex, the higher your chance to dodge an attack. This way a heavy armor character still has some chance to dodge but it'll be drastically lowered. This way they don't feel like they're just left out and to be realistic they would still have some chance to dodge. However a mage wearing robes wouldn't be weighed down and should be able to move around quite easily. This would also tie into what other people have been saying that armor should actually weigh down the character and slow their movement speed.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
1666027698869.png
The fact that this is on the front page triggers me.
There are was ways to counter this. But lets just fucking completely remove the spiritism aspect. REEE

Reactions: Jasa
D

Dracu

What do they mean with risk free? The spiritboxes on that thing can be worth a few gold which is on par with mage gear... Whats next ban naked magery because risk free?

Reactions: Jasa and 2Op4Scrubs

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
View attachment 5015
The fact that this is on the front page triggers me.
There are was ways to counter this. But lets just fucking completely remove the spiritism aspect. REEE
I don't think you understand what it meant? People used to be able to just wander around as a spirit seeing where everyone is. This could be used to scout in PvP completely risk free. The live players couldn't see you, but you could see them. So you could be a spirit just following people around and telling your group/guild exactly where to find them. That is not how spiritism is meant to behave.

If you would like them to handle it differently you're free to give suggestions rather than going "There are ways to counter this. REEE"... Also, how do you see this as "completely remove the spirtism aspect"? Spiritism isn't meant to be that you can see where everyone is while in the ether. There's much more to spirtism than that.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I don't think you understand what it meant? People used to be able to just wander around as a spirit seeing where everyone is. This could be used to scout in PvP completely risk free. The live players couldn't see you, but you could see them. So you could be a spirit just following people around and telling your group/guild exactly where to find them. That is not how spiritism is meant to behave.

If you would like them to handle it differently you're free to give suggestions rather than going "There are ways to counter this. REEE"... Also, how do you see this as "completely remove the spiritism aspect"? Spiritism isn't meant to be that you can see where everyone is while in the ether. There's much more to spiritism than that.

No I am fully aware of how it worked.
That is a core mechanic in the game to counter it, Its called having a spirit of your own.... Also its not like that would guarantee your run is fucked. All it would do is maybe give you a pvp encounter.
They way you are talking makes it sound like you hop into portal and can see exactly what everyone is doing. And that is not the case!
With out this aspect of spiritism it is nothing more then a rez. Literally. and to even be able to see the living you had to fight 2 of the hardest bosses in game just to be able to do that. Them scrolls used to cost 3k each.
Now all them scrolls enable you to do is farm spirits and flux "Completely risk free"
So that argument of doing it risk free is irrelevant as fuck. Because you can still make tons of money and move gold across the map "Risk Free"
But now you cant scout and have fun dynamic engagements bc of cry baby foot fighters.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
No I am fully aware of how it worked.
That is a core mechanic in the game to counter it, Its called having a spirit of your own.... Also its not like that would guarantee your run is fucked. All it would do is maybe give you a pvp encounter.
They way you are talking makes it sound like you hop into portal and can see exactly what everyone is doing. And that is not the case!
With out this aspect of spiritism it is nothing more then a rez. Literally. and to even be able to see the living you had to fight 2 of the hardest bosses in game just to be able to do that. Them scrolls used to cost 3k each.
Now all them scrolls enable you to do is farm spirits and flux "Completely risk free"
So that argument of doing it risk free is irrelevant as fuck. Because you can still make tons of money and move gold across the map "Risk Free"
But now you cant scout and have fun dynamic engagements bc of cry baby foot fighters.
Yeah you're now being completely emotional and there's really no point replying further if you'll be like that. As I said, if you'd like them to counter it in other ways you're able to give suggestions. The more emotional you are the less likely anyone will take you seriously. Just because spiritism is hard to get into doesn't mean it should give you a distinct advantage over others. You're trying to say that to counter someone using the portals is to have your own person doing it.. and yes that may work if you were having like full on wars, but this was a counter to smaller fights. I also think you have a misconception about what Spiritism is even supposed to be at it's core, so it'd be nice to hear your take on that.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Yeah you're now being completely emotional and there's really no point replying further if you'll be like that. As I said, if you'd like them to counter it in other ways you're able to give suggestions. The more emotional you are the less likely anyone will take you seriously. Just because spiritism is hard to get into doesn't mean it should give you a distinct advantage over others. You're trying to say that to counter someone using the portals is to have your own person doing it.. and yes that may work if you were having like full on wars, but this was a counter to smaller fights. I also think you have a misconception about what Spiritism is even supposed to be at it's core, so it'd be nice to hear your take on that.
You are confusing Emotions with Facts.
You have not said what spiritism is at is core. All you have done is say its not this.

Spiritism is split into 2 schools.
Spiritism and Ether Portals.
Spiritism is the study of bringing ones spirit back into the living, reanimating the soul, and how to call upon captured spirits to do harm to foes. Or to provide momentary support.
Ether Portals allow the spirits to seamlessly transfer their consciousness to the land of Ether, Where sad forsaken spirits roam. These mages that train in Ether Portals are skilled in the arts of spiritism above basic spirits. The Mage that endeavors into this is able to call forth the forsaken spirits to capture them, and bring them back to the living world, or keep them for uses they see fit in the Ether.

This is pretty much it right? ^^^
So tell me why when a Ether Portal Spiritism Mage is in his zone. Like the pinnacle of his power. He is now useless, in the arts of being able to jump reality. When you can have a non Spiritism mage, or not even a mage for that matter, is able to see spirits. But the EP mage is now in a sense weaker then some non mage.

It does not make any sense.
And the only reason this was changed is bc Cry babies as fuck.
Just like the Meduli Grave yard. It now has guards out the ass. But every other GY does not. Bc mfers were crying about it.

G fkin G

Reactions: Jasa

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
You are confusing Emotions with Facts.
You have not said what spiritism is at is core. All you have done is say its not this.

Spiritism is split into 2 schools.
Spiritism and Ether Portals.
Spiritism is the study of bringing ones spirit back into the living, reanimating the soul, and how to call upon captured spirits to do harm to foes. Or to provide momentary support.
Ether Portals allow the spirits to seamlessly transfer their consciousness to the land of Ether, Where sad forsaken spirits roam. These mages that train in Ether Portals are skilled in the arts of spiritism above basic spirits. The Mage that endeavors into this is able to call forth the forsaken spirits to capture them, and bring them back to the living world, or keep them for uses they see fit in the Ether.

This is pretty much it right? ^^^
So tell me why when a Ether Portal Spiritism Mage is in his zone. Like the pinnacle of his power. He is now useless, in the arts of being able to jump reality. When you can have a non Spiritism mage, or not even a mage for that matter, is able to see spirits. But the EP mage is now in a sense weaker then some non mage.

It does not make any sense.
And the only reason this was changed is bc Cry babies as fuck.
Just like the Meduli Grave yard. It now has guards out the ass. But every other GY does not. Bc mfers were crying about it.

G fkin G
I didn't say what I think spiritism is because I asked you first and didn't want to sway what you say. I'm also not confusing emotions with facts. However, you are. Everything you've stated is your personal opinion.. that does not make it fact.

In everything you mentioned about spiritism you didn't mention how a mage should be able to see the living while in that realm. You're trying to say that just because an EP mage is a master of the Ether realm they should be able to see between the realms passively? I'd say *maybe* if they are maxed out and use a certain costly spell they should be able to peer between the realms temporarily, but it shouldn't be something inherent to them as it was.

Also your last bit screams emotional once again.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
You're trying to say that just because an EP mage is a master of the Ether realm they should be able to see between the realms passively? I'd say *maybe* if they are maxed out and use a certain costly spell they should be able to peer between the realms temporarily, but it shouldn't be something inherent to them as it was.

Also your last bit screams emotional once again.
This whole response Screams you dont know what the fuck your talking about. 🤡
I Never stated anything about it being passive. You lack of knowledge about spiritism tells me you should not even be speaking hear about mage balance.
There was a spell you needed to cast to see between the realms. You were also required to recast this every 60 sec.
That fact that you dont even know that tells me you just follow the cry baby's like a sheep.
You have no first hand experience with it, Also no 2nd hand by the way it looks.
You heard "Spiritism can just hop in a portal and see everything for free, and you cant even kill them."
Also Idc if you see this as emotional. Im just passionate and hate to see people that dont know what the fuck they are even talking about cry about shit and get it changed for absolutely 0 reasons.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
This whole response Screams you dont know what the fuck your talking about. 🤡
I Never stated anything about it being passive. You lack of knowledge about spiritism tells me you should not even be speaking hear about mage balance.
There was a spell you needed to cast to see between the realms. You were also required to recast this every 60 sec.
That fact that you dont even know that tells me you just follow the cry baby's like a sheep.
You have no first hand experience with it, Also no 2nd hand by the way it looks.
You heard "Spiritism can just hop in a portal and see everything for free, and you cant even kill them."
Also Idc if you see this as emotional. Im just passionate and hate to see people that dont know what the fuck they are even talking about cry about shit and get it changed for absolutely 0 reasons.
Nice to see you're as emotional as ever. This isn't "passionate" this is you being fully emotional and not caring what anyone says anymore. The second they're not 100% for what you talk about now you'll just go off. So I guess you killed your own thread. Have fun with that.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Nice to see you're as emotional as ever. This isn't "passionate" this is you being fully emotional and not caring what anyone says anymore. The second they're not 100% for what you talk about now you'll just go off. So I guess you killed your own thread. Have fun with that.
I just told you how it was, and you wont accept it.
If you look at my other responses you can see I engage in meaningful conversations.
But when someone like you trys to tell me something I know for a fact is wrong. Then the next responses are with passive aggression, Insulting me low key. So I start being aggressive. Then claiming I dont care what anyone says. Is absurd. If I didnt care what you said would I have been responding to you? Would I have told you how spiritism actually works? No, I would of just not responded and let you keep your flawed ideology of how it works.
Dont hate on me because I just told you how it actually worked. ( you thinking you could just walk in a portal and see the living for nothing at all)
Also in my other response, You can move gold across the map ez af with spirit boxes. Risk free af. In fact it is more risk free then spirit scouting people.
This was also not the only change to come with this nerf. You used to be able to laze beam with you left mouse button and cast other spells at the same time. This was a QOL thing when farming spirits for hrs. But now you can not even do that. Its not a big deal, but still kinda shitty.
Also SV clamed they were going to make it easier and more fun to fight in the spirit world. You know what they did?
Beside having to attack someone for 8+ sec to get the banish off, you now only have to zap them for like 1 sec before they are banished. It like completely drains all the mana instantly. They "Fixed spirit battles" By making the first person to attack the victor 99.999% of the time.

They completely fucked up spiritism. FR

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Last night my friend solo killed a fighter on his human mage. Ignoring armor is busted. You can corrupt the fighter so they cant heal. But you can heavily outheal them. and you can pull out a weapon and parry if they get close. Once the fighter stams its GG because mages dont use stam to attack. Which also means the fighter cant really run away. Normally obv mage isnt that great 1v1. But I just cant say mage isnt good in this game.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
Last night my friend solo killed a fighter on his human mage. Ignoring armor is busted. You can corrupt the fighter so they cant heal. But you can heavily outheal them. and you can pull out a weapon and parry if they get close. Once the fighter stams its GG because mages dont use stam to attack. Which also means the fighter cant really run away. Normally obv mage isnt that great 1v1. But I just cant say mage isnt good in this game.
Literally all you have to do to counter a mage is get close, and that's easy to do since it takes a while to kill you.. You should be able to get close after being hit just once with how cast times work. Even if they pull out a weapon they're not going to last long. If a fighter runs out of stamina before killing a mage they aren't a good fighter.. Also your example is purely PvP. PvE there's a lot of other issues with mages as well. In your example, if you'd replace the mage with an archer it'd be a much different fight where the archer very likely just instantly murders the fighter before he can get anywhere close. If you put anyone on a horse suddenly they're infinitely more effective as well. Archers get no aiming penalty for riding at high speeds and shooting.. neither do mages, but mages are also hitscan currently so if they miss a target it does nothing at all. If an archer misses there's at least still a chance of it hitting someone since it's an actual projectile.

Having a one-time case of a mage doing something doesn't suddenly mean it's good. Also, it's always funny because like 99% of the time the people giving these scenarios are always a 3rd party.. "My friend.." just like most of the people saying mages are massively overpowered haven't actually played a mage.. they just died to one and instantly deemed it overpowered.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Having a one-time case of a mage doing something doesn't suddenly mean it's good. Also, it's always funny because like 99% of the time the people giving these scenarios are always a 3rd party.. "My friend.." just like most of the people saying mages are massively overpowered haven't actually played a mage.. they just died to one and instantly deemed it overpowered.
Mages can suck in some encounters but there's tons of cases of mages doing good. Not often in 1v1 but I'd rather have a team of fighters and mages than all fighters. Because mages are good. Mortal isn't some super competitive e sports game that everyone does the meta and every game plays the same. There's a huge amount of variation in pvp encounters. And many of those, hitting 50's through armor as a mage is better than using a parriable melee weapon that you can stam out swinging that is mitigated by armor.

there's possible encounters where any build is complete garbage. some are just garbage more often than others. Mages have a tendency to be garbage a bit more than others. but when they are good they are very good. If that wasnt the case you would have tons of dedicated mage players.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
And many of those, hitting 50's through armor as a mage is better than using a parriable melee weapon that you can stam out swinging that is mitigated by armor.
But here is the problem with this.
FF have access to purify, MR and corrupt, and lesser heal with 37 ECU skill. Thoes are by far the most useful spells in the game.
FF can also use attribute points to get a decent amount of magic resist.
For a mage to be able to survive, They have to use at least 50points for blocking, and another 100 for basic armor training. (Fucking up their mana regen a lot.) There is no Attribute available to reduce incoming physical damage.

Also about the staming out thing. I believe this to be a non factor, because of how quickly it comes back with out any point investments. With points its even better. There are also skills that reduce stamina cost for blocking and attacking. The stamina pool for most foot fighters is 320+ my Ogh has 393stam.
I mean Yes you can and will run out of stam, But It dosnt carry the same burden of running out of mana. ( As a pure mage )
A Ogh mage will have about 230-260mana and that is if they go to the max. My dex mage has 193mana when I am in full mage build (With trinkets). Currently Im a dagger mage so I only have 140mana.
Mana regen is based on having no more then 2kg armor for dex mages. But Psy will increase mana back per tick. So when Im my full mage I get 4 mana back per tick with 90psy. With my dagger build I have 40psy, and I only get 2 mana back per tick, and its less often because of my armor being over 2kg. So for me investing 50more points into psy, I get rewarded with 193mana. But It only increases my mana per tick by 2. So its kinda trash.

The whole point of this thread is to try and figure a way to balance the game so everyone will be happy and not feel fked over.
I feel fucked over as my dex mage because I am supposed to be able to out run everyone in theory. But I can not out run Dex fighters even tho i have 15+ more dex then them. They have more CON/STG so they have way more stamina then me and will always catch me in the long run. So I am forced into playing a build (Tamer mage, or dagger mage) That I have no interest in. I just want to play Pure mage. But there is not a viable solo mage build.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
Mages can suck in some encounters but there's tons of cases of mages doing good. Not often in 1v1 but I'd rather have a team of fighters and mages than all fighters. Because mages are good. Mortal isn't some super competitive e sports game that everyone does the meta and every game plays the same. There's a huge amount of variation in pvp encounters. And many of those, hitting 50's through armor as a mage is better than using a parriable melee weapon that you can stam out swinging that is mitigated by armor.

there's possible encounters where any build is complete garbage. some are just garbage more often than others. Mages have a tendency to be garbage a bit more than others. but when they are good they are very good. If that wasnt the case you would have tons of dedicated mage players.
"Can suck in some encounters"? In nearly every encounter.. we can't solo PvE.. we can't solo PvP really.. The only reason you'd rather have a team of fighters and mages than all fighters is because the only thing mages are really good at currently is support.

What even was the point of talking about it being "super competitive e-sports"? Have you not played this game? It's all about meta builds right now because, and this is especially true for mages, you HAVE to. They're really the only way you can play. As has been said, dex/dagger mage is really the only way to play a mage currently because you need something for self-defense. If something gets close to you as a mage you're screwed. You can't stand there trying to cast because, at most, you have 70% chance to not be interrupted.. and since you have no armor really and no shield at all you're taking massive damage.

Another thing that has been mentioned is how there is nothing for mages right now to decrease physical damage taken. It's not like we can cast some sort of magical shield that'd help us mitigate damage considering we can't take out our shield and cast. If we had that alone it'd change things quite a lot. This is why the taming mage is so popular because it gives them a necessary tank. Hopefully the enemy just smacks your animal around more than anything. But most mages don't want to be a tamer.. especially given the skill point investment we already need just to be decent at magic.

Also you keep talking about "stam out swinging" but I don't think you understand the massive difference in stamina regen vs mana regen.. a mage gets like 5 casts before being out of mana then has to sit and wait for it to come back. Even with mana regen maxed out it's pretty slow. Stamina though you get tons more of and it regens much faster. All you have to do is stand still and your stamina will be fully regened within like 2 seconds. You *might* have enough mana for a single cast in that time.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This games PVE blows. Be glad you cant do it lmao. Just beg for SV to re do clade gift xp because having to kill bandits and shit to get clades is a joke. I rerolled and I have like 6. My will to get any more is 0. The only real way to farm clades is on haven where everything is much weaker and even then it takes forever.

Also dex mage is over rated. Human is better. You already said dex mage arent good at running so give human a shot. Then you can still be bad at running away, with actually with armor and a good mana pool and regen to cast more spells than just heal.

Anyone whos seen me post before knows that I think most of this game is poorly designed. There's a ton of issues with this game. Clade gifts. Corrupt and magic reflect work at full efficiency with 0 stats. Etc. There's a ton they can fix. I'm not saying there isn't a ton they can and should improve with mages. My point is that mages are definitely very good in a lot of situations and people who think they are bad are just crying or playing wrong. In MO2 zerging > all. Almost all of these issues with mages go down the toilet if you have more players. And mages are probobly stronger at zerging than fighters or MA because you cant be parried and ignore armor.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
This games PVE blows. Be glad you cant do it lmao. Just beg for SV to re do clade gift xp because having to kill bandits and shit to get clades is a joke. I rerolled and I have like 6. My will to get any more is 0. The only real way to farm clades is on haven where everything is much weaker and even then it takes forever.

Also dex mage is over rated. Human is better. You already said dex mage arent good at running so give human a shot. Then you can still be bad at running away, with actually with armor and a good mana pool and regen to cast more spells than just heal.

Anyone whos seen me post before knows that I think most of this game is poorly designed. There's a ton of issues with this game. Clade gifts. Corrupt and magic reflect work at full efficiency with 0 stats. Etc. There's a ton they can fix. I'm not saying there isn't a ton they can and should improve with mages. My point is that mages are definitely very good in a lot of situations and people who think they are bad are just crying or playing wrong. In MO2 zerging > all. Almost all of these issues with mages go down the toilet if you have more players. And mages are probobly stronger at zerging than fighters or MA because you cant be parried and ignore armor.
If there are so many issues and you think the game is so crap, why are you here? Why are you giving suggestions? Why are you even bothering with the game? People like you make no sense. "THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE!! -continues to play it and interact with the community-" You are correct there are issues, but what game doesn't have issues? The way you bring them up is idiotic as well because it's just you complaining rather than giving solutions. You're also talking about things that don't fit the topic here like the clade XP.

The issue is people like you very likely are end game veterans that have seen the absolute best scenario and then say how overpowered something is or say mages are great because you're looking at it from a perspective of having everything. Yes if I play a mage and have absolutely everything as best as I can possibly get I'll be good.. that's a given, but that literally means it's not balanced well whatsoever. I shouldn't have to be completely maxed out to be effective.

As for mages ignoring armor, that's also been discussed before about needing magic resistance on armors and trinkets (more than exists currently). A heavy armor fighter shouldn't be able to resist magic well though or use magic well. A mage should have great magic resistance considering they know magic. A mage you'd think also has utility to cover for their downfalls like a shield spell, but no we don't have that either. Mages are in a bad place and it's constantly being talked about, but then people like you who quite obviously haven't actually played a mage just goes off about how they're perfectly fine or overpowered because you only think of that end game scenario.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Mages are in a bad place and it's constantly being talked about, but then people like you who quite obviously haven't actually played a mage just goes off about how they're perfectly fine or overpowered because you only think of that end game scenario.
Lmao learn to read. I'm fully aware that mage is sub par in more scenarios than its good. But that's because the ones it good at, its incredibly good. If they buffed mage to be able to 1v1, outrun people, etc, it would actually be op. They would need to completely overhaul the entire magic system to make mages good at 1v1 and pve without being completely broken. And spoiler, SV will never overhaul magic, they had their chance when they made a new game. So you kinda need to deal with how mage plays, or play a different class. I get asking for simple changes, like corrupt being less effective when cast by a fighter with 10 int. But most of the mage bad crying I see I just dont get the point. Mage isnt going to all of a sudden be good at 1v1 or farming just by core design.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
Lmao learn to read. I'm fully aware that mage is sub par in more scenarios than its good. But that's because the ones it good at, its incredibly good. If they buffed mage to be able to 1v1, outrun people, etc, it would actually be op. They would need to completely overhaul the entire magic system to make mages good at 1v1 and pve without being completely broken. And spoiler, SV will never overhaul magic, they had their chance when they made a new game. So you kinda need to deal with how mage plays, or play a different class. I get asking for simple changes, like corrupt being less effective when cast by a fighter with 10 int. But most of the mage bad crying I see I just dont get the point. Mage isnt going to all of a sudden be good at 1v1 or farming just by core design.
"Learn to read" then immediately go against what you previously said..

My point is that mages are definitely very good in a lot of situations and people who think they are bad are just crying or playing wrong.

A mage should be able to be nimble unless they're fat or old. They should be able to outrun someone, but they are more than likely going to have much less stamina and use up more. If you consider a mage being able to solo in PvP or PvE as "OP" you have some serious mental issues. As for not understanding the "crying" you don't have to understand it. Go play mage yourself and see how bad it is. What I don't understand is people like you constantly telling us mages how overpowered we are yet you clearly haven't played it or tried to solo with it.

You're also here seriously trying to tell us that someone wielding magical abilities shouldn't be able to kill things on their own?? Nobody said they want to be a god and be capable of murdering the entire battlefield of enemies. We've literally just said we want to at least be able to hold our own and do some solo stuff in PvE like a melee/ranged could. Yet here you are like NOPE THAT'D BE OP!