Worn short swords

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Why don't we lose these on death? They are 100% griefing weapons. If you insist on keeping them for new players put some kind of limitation on them such as after 5 clade levels or so they drop on death.

The amount of people I've seen lose their horses by nakeds with these swords in insane. I was helping a new player through stream in jungle camp earlier. I saw the naked guy running around and knew exactly what he was going to do. And sure enough 2 minutes later he killed his jungle horse and ran away.

I suppose the red priest changes helped that a bit since they have to wait to respawn, but still. I dont think its necessary to keep anything when you die. (Maybe just a torch? and spellbook of course)

Reactions: Tzone

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Why don't we lose these on death? They are 100% griefing weapons. If you insist on keeping them for new players put some kind of limitation on them such as after 5 clade levels or so they drop on death.

The amount of people I've seen lose their horses by nakeds with these swords in insane. I was helping a new player through stream in jungle camp earlier. I saw the naked guy running around and knew exactly what he was going to do. And sure enough 2 minutes later he killed his jungle horse and ran away.

I suppose the red priest changes helped that a bit since they have to wait to respawn, but still. I dont think its necessary to keep anything when you die. (Maybe just a torch? and spellbook of course)
No torch, nothing

spellbook only thing

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
When it breaks its gone for good from my understanding so only so much you can do with it when u leave haven anyway

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you dont delete them when they leave haven people will just trade them selves more of them.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
When it breaks its gone for good from my understanding so only so much you can do with it when u leave haven anyway
They have 250 dura. Thats a lot of horse killing. Regardless, they aren't needed. Its a bound weapon in a full loot game. I shouldn't have to worry about some naked idiot I keep killing to come back and kill my horse with zero care. New players can craft a weapon from a pig or buy one for 20 silver.

Oh and the classic "haha I parried you a couple times while naked bro you suck I'm so good" even though he has 8 lootbags nearby.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
They removed bound rags but kept the thing that mattered more, the sword. 0 reason to even keep a soulbound weapon in the game that is only used to attack horses.

speaking of parries, its so easy to block because of the anime reblock speed ive managed to beat people using jedi robes while they had bt plate lol.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Killed a whole group in risar dungeon, they came back naked with shortswords and forced us to get more murdercounts / killed horses all with just the soulbound weapon.

Said it before and I'll say it again there's no reason to keep the weapons since you can pick 1 flower and buy a 10s weapon from a vendor if you have literally nothing to your name. It's purely a griefing tool at this point.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Killed a whole group in risar dungeon, they came back naked with shortswords and forced us to get more murdercounts / killed horses all with just the soulbound weapon.
Oh yeah idk how I forgot about that. An even bigger reason to remove the swords.

D

Deleted member 44

I've been saying this for months now. It's like SV wants players to grief each other.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I think you should just get the torch and make the torch do 0 damage.

Instead make it so hitting an animal like a wolf etc with it makes it run away. Ala LiF style.

This way you dont have to rely on a shitty short sword to come out alive of aggroing a wolf while running back from priest.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The only way id vouch for that shit is theres some sort of wilderness crafting that can offer the chance of certain degree of progression. It's understandable the weaps are used for griefing but if theres no alternatives to Town crafting shit sucks. Don't even mention houses.

Reactions: Tzone and bbihah

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
The only way id vouch for that shit is theres some sort of wilderness crafting that can offer the chance of certain degree of progression. It's understandable the weaps are used for griefing but if theres no alternatives to Town crafting shit sucks. Don't even mention houses.
Adding a primitive crafting system like something out of rust or ark survival has been something me and my guildies have wanted for a while now. Simple things like a flint knife, crappy bow/arrows, campfires, minor bandages, hell even a rock for throwing would be nice.

It would fit perfectly inside of the Survival skill imo, where the more points you put in the more variety of items you can craft or something like that. It would also give survival a better use since swimming is only really for running away.