Will this laptop run mo and mo2?

Moonman

Dec 25, 2020
I'm an old mo player and am finally ready to play mo again. I bought a laptop years ago that couldn't play mo even when it was a gaming laptop. I have more confidence with this one but just want to be 100% sure. Will this laptop play mo2? Or do you guys have any suggestions for a laptop or desktop? My budget is 1000$.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It will be fine for MO, but won't handle MO2 very well. It might be ok if you can upgrade the ram, but even then it is risky.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
https://www.newegg.com/p/2WC-000N-045T7

I found this one, it was the nearest one to fit your budget. I only took a quick look. These specs are about the lowest that I would want to have. Except, an i5 processor is fine. I just didn't see any that weren't held back by other components.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I would also recommend buying one that allows you to access the internals and upgrade certain components like ram and storage, and has a Thunderbolt 3 or 4 port so you can hook it up to an external gpu box (if you so wish). That way, you can have desktop-class graphics which can also be upgraded in future.

Snozzle

Apr 2, 2021
I find this website very useful for laptop reviews and information. The link below will take you to how games perform on all laptop graphic cards.

Computer Games on Laptop Graphics Cards - NotebookCheck.net Tech

For MO2 I recommend you find a system with a graphics card in either Tier 1 or towards the top of Tier 2. As someone else mentioned, there are laptops to be had with 1660 Ti cards for around the $1000 mark as they are now 2 years old and I would strongly recommend picking up a system with at least this level of performance to give your machine longevity. The base Razerblade with 1660 Ti was recently on sale for $1000 and will be a great machine for your budget if and when it comes up on sale again - although some people note they have dubious quality control/customer support if you get a faulty unit.

If MO2 ever supports DLSS then going for a laptop with either the 2060/3050Ti will greatly improve framerates.

Moonman

Dec 25, 2020
It will be fine for MO, but won't handle MO2 very well. It might be ok if you can upgrade the ram, but even then it is risky.
Thank you, and everyone else who replied. Slightly above $1000 is fine. I will definitely look more into buying some of these. Does anyone know of any cheap desktops that might also be a possibility for me?
Also, I bought an Acer Nitro 5 before which I was really looking forward to but it couldn't play MO at all which I found really weird. But it didn't have as much RAM or maybe even other specs that someone else had posted in this thread.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
From what I know you should be able to get more for your money with a desktop. I will search around some when I have time later.

Armegeddon

Nov 8, 2020
The problem you are going to have is finding a GPU...Here is an example of a gaming rig, that to me is reasonable... I tried to go mid to even slightly lower tier. The 5600X is the best procesor for the money. If you have your own OS to migrate, you can save on that as well.

1624904567242.png1624904620289.png

if you want to experiment on a build, it runs compatiblity among selected components.

Last edited: