Will there be crouch and kick in game?

Joz

Nov 30, 2021
Hello. I have a question. Are you going to add a croach and kick function to the game? Thanks!

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Hello. I have a question. Are you going to add a croach and kick function to the game? Thanks!

They have said multiple times that crouch is planned for after release, but is not intended to be a combat maneuver, it's meant to be used for stealth etc, so will likely be structured in a way where it's not viable to do in combat.

Haven't heard anything about kick, but shield bash is already in the game and has a similar function, so they can certainly add it if they want, it's just about animation and balance, but if you wanna have a kick style attack, get a shield and go to it (block then click attack).

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
We already have /emote squat - they just need to make the server aware of animations because everyone loads default standing for anyone not in the area making it pointless to use it to hide in a small bush

• Haha
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
They have said multiple times that crouch is planned for after release, but is not intended to be a combat maneuver, it's meant to be used for stealth etc, so will likely be structured in a way where it's not viable to do in combat.
And that's the one I was pretty sure was planned. I don't need to add the disclaimer of "for what that is worth"; others have supplied it in advance and will add it as yet again another two cents, after this.
Haven't heard anything about kick, but shield bash is already in the game and has a similar function, so they can certainly add it if they want, it's just about animation and balance, but if you wanna have a kick style attack, get a shield and go to it (block then click attack).
And this is why I wish the new (newish) forums had a rating for 'Informative', but since they do not, love will have to do.

Thank you.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
We already have /emote squat - they just need to make the server aware of animations because everyone loads default standing for anyone not in the area making it pointless to use it to hide in a small bush

Yeah, that would be a short-term fix, but I believe crouch would allow for slow movement as well, which would provide us with an actual kind of "sneak" related to thievery. H has been asked that question over and over and he's gotten more and more firm that they're adding in a crouch every time.

Reactions: Raknor

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
This is possibly an improvement over MO1, where at times the 'lying down' animation for female avatars failed completely & left them standing in the default ('arms akimbo, fee apart') model position.