Will the 32gb RAM requirement boost my FPS

disposableson

Sep 22, 2022
Playing @ 1080p with
Ryzen 5 5600
RX 580 8gb
16gb ram

currently my performance fluctuates quite a bit. Some places it’s doable, but most times it’s just hard to look at with nothing consistent in terms of frames.

I’ve tried lowering settings, res scale, and even dropping down to 720p. The only thing that I find helps at all is dropping the res scale or changing the resolution, changing anything else doesn’t seem to do much. I had it playing & looking decently in Haven until I entered the dungeon there with the bandits and even with the res lowered I was getting horrible frames, pretty much unplayable in there.

Is my setup just not going to cut it until the game is optimized? Will getting another 16gb of ram help at all? I don’t get any memory errors or anything while I’m playing but it does list 32gb as a requirement.

Thanks for any help!

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
First off there are two things holding your system back, the GPU.. the RX 580 is pretty bad, and then the 16GB of RAM. I didnt know anyone still had that low of RAM.

I HIGHLY suggest upgrading your RAM, then your GPU and PSU.

disposableson

Sep 22, 2022
First off there are two things holding your system back, the GPU.. the RX 580 is pretty bad, and then the 16GB of RAM. I didnt know anyone still had that low of RAM.

I HIGHLY suggest upgrading your RAM, then your GPU and PSU.

I’m actually still getting a lot out of this system believe it or not. I don’t play a lot of insanely demanding games, but whatever I throw at it usually runs well@ 1080p.

I know MO isn’t optimized at all right now and I probably should just step away until it is but knowing my RAM is below the recommended amount I can’t help but wonder if I’ll get an impactful boost by upgrading

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I’m actually still getting a lot out of this system believe it or not. I don’t play a lot of insanely demanding games, but whatever I throw at it usually runs well@ 1080p.

I know MO isn’t optimized at all right now and I probably should just step away until it is but knowing my RAM is below the recommended amount I can’t help but wonder if I’ll get an impactful boost by upgrading

It doesnt matter how optimized it is if your system doesnt meet the minimum specs for most games or even operating systems made after 2018. That's like saying your 64bit ram on your C-64 cant run Crysis 2 because it isnt optimized.

disposableson

Sep 22, 2022
It doesnt matter how optimized it is if your system doesnt meet the minimum specs for most games or even operating systems made after 2018. That's like saying your 64bit ram on your C-64 cant run Crysis 2 because it isnt optimized.

If a game is optimized well, tweaking & lowering settings WILL impact your performance. MO2 there’s hardly any difference in low & epic.

I’m not a techy but a quick google search tells me my system is a bit above the minimum requirements so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
If a game is optimized well, tweaking & lowering settings WILL impact your performance. MO2 there’s hardly any difference in low & epic.

I’m not a techy but a quick google search tells me my system is a bit above the minimum requirements so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Perhaps did you think maybe if you're below the minimum specs, reducing to low or lower will have ZERO effect because you're already at the bottom.

I have a GPU a bit better than yours, not by much, and my CPU is a full generation better than yours and I have double your ram I dont see frame rates below 60 in Meduli, with lows at 35fps 1% of the time.

One thing I have learned in my 3+ decades of gaming and closed alpha testing products, sometimes its not the game its your setup.

disposableson

Sep 22, 2022
Perhaps did you think maybe if you're below the minimum specs, reducing to low or lower will have ZERO effect because you're already at the bottom.

I have a GPU a bit better than yours, not by much, and my CPU is a full generation better than yours and I have double your ram I dont see frame rates below 60 in Meduli, with lows at 35fps 1% of the time.

One thing I have learned in my 3+ decades of gaming and closed alpha testing products, sometimes its not the game its your setup.

But I’m not below the minimum specs?

So you’re telling me the recommended system requirements are for 1080p 60fps then.. right?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
But I’m not below the minimum specs?

So you’re telling me the recommended system requirements are for 1080p 60fps then.. right?
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system.
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700/Intel i7-6700K or Equivalent.
  • Memory: 32 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56, Nvidia GTX 1070/GTX1660Ti or Equivalent.
  • DirectX: Version 12.
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection.
  • Storage: 110 GB available space.

Those are the recommended specs.

Here are the minimum specs.

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD FX-6100/Intel i3-3220 or Equivalent
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7750, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or Equivalent
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 90 GB available space
After doing further research your GPU is pretty bad.. like REAL bad. Hell my old 1080 out performed it. I suggest you save a bit of money and get two things a GPU that was meant to game on. And RAM. Or just get a new PC.

Last edited:

disposableson

Sep 22, 2022
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system.
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700/Intel i7-6700K or Equivalent.
  • Memory: 32 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56, Nvidia GTX 1070/GTX1660Ti or Equivalent.
  • DirectX: Version 12.
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection.
  • Storage: 110 GB available space.

Those are the recommended specs.

Here are the minimum specs.

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD FX-6100/Intel i3-3220 or Equivalent
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7750, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or Equivalent
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 90 GB available space
After doing further research your GPU is pretty bad.. like REAL bad. Hell my old 1080 out performed it. I suggest you save a bit of money and get two things a GPU that was meant to game on. And RAM. Or just get a new PC.

I find it weird you think it’s ”REAL bad” yet every game I play runs perfectly at 1080p (Escape from Tarkov, Hell Let Loose, Rust) just to name a few.

I’ve already stated that I’m not a tech geek so I don’t know the ins and outs of my hardware but if you look at this game compared to a lot of others that run a hell of a lot better, you can’t help but scratch your head. There’s not a lot going on in this game for it to run so badly, there’s not a shit ton of particle effects or physics going on, combat is very simplistic, and there’s not even that many people on screen at once. I think the most I’ve seen so far is probably 3 at one time in Haven. Something like Star Citizen I can understand being this demanding but not this.

I got more ram on the way so we’ll see if that helps at all, but I’m starting to doubt it. Thanks for the help, I guess?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I find it weird you think it’s ”REAL bad” yet every game I play runs perfectly at 1080p (Escape from Tarkov, Hell Let Loose, Rust) just to name a few.

I’ve already stated that I’m not a tech geek so I don’t know the ins and outs of my hardware but if you look at this game compared to a lot of others that run a hell of a lot better, you can’t help but scratch your head. There’s not a lot going on in this game for it to run so badly, there’s not a shit ton of particle effects or physics going on, combat is very simplistic, and there’s not even that many people on screen at once. I think the most I’ve seen so far is probably 3 at one time in Haven. Something like Star Citizen I can understand being this demanding but not this.

I got more ram on the way so we’ll see if that helps at all, but I’m starting to doubt it. Thanks for the help, I guess?
Escape from Tarkov - 2017
Hell Let Loose - 2019
Rust - 2013

Imagine thinking that a 10 year old game is new.

LOL

disposableson

Sep 22, 2022
Escape from Tarkov - 2017
Hell Let Loose - 2019
Rust - 2013

Imagine thinking that a 10 year old game is new.

LOL

Alright buddy, I’m done with you. Thanks for the help big guy. Might I suggest you get out and get some air instead of being a prick on a video game forum.