Why the mana regen to armour weight nerf?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Seriously, who is doing this balancing?

So now we are back to naked mages. Nice sneak change right before launch. We were just getting into finally planning tanky mages with some decent armour….but nope. Back to vheela naked mage we go. there is nothing else you can do now but run, run early and run fast. To have any mana you pretty much have to use rags. I would really like to know what the crap you guys are smoking up there.

Reactions: Calcal and Belegar

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I feel like they know everyone wants to run alv mages because speed, and want human mages to be viable. But human mages are still slow, people are just going to roll naked alv mages now lol.

I will say human mages are better than peopel give them credit, and were fine before they nerfed alv more. More armor at same rege, and more total mana = more regen overall. So more damage output and less food to ma's. You just need to run in advance so you dont get stickied lol. Are prob mroe viable in larger groups. Small scale are prob just dead.

Reactions: Belegar

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Guess that's the answer to "ragged cloth useless". Wrong answer, but hey, not so useless anymore.

I feel like they know everyone wants to run alv mages because speed, and want human mages to be viable. But human mages are still slow, people are just going to roll naked alv mages now lol.
Yeah alvies are part of the problem. They should've replaced the speed gifts with something else (can keep the active buffs) and rebalanced the dex/speed curve instead to make up for it. This way you could make a lean/skinny human that may not be as fast as an alvie still, but at least in the same league.

I don't think such major changes are coming now after the game is released though unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 44

You can still wear your 6 kg armor set, just at decreased mana regen. Invest in a shield. A good shield can make you immune to most arrows and take much less damage from other weapons. Plus, if someone is on you BLOCK, and then have your teammate dunk them why they try and spam hits on you.

nazgo

May 29, 2020
They should had reworked the +speed% clades of alvarins, to bring them closer to everyone else, this would had already buffed humans more than enough, it would had also nerfed the fat mage meta greatly. So it would had been win win for everyone, not just for mages but literally for everyone. Now instead of balancing the strong mage builds, they hit the dex alvarin mages hardest, and dex alvarins were already in a wierd spot, with low int, low mana and low hp.

Now you need to choose between being naked or having no mana regen, or playing a human or a fat mage

Reactions: a.out

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You can still wear your 6 kg armor set, just at decreased mana regen. Invest in a shield. A good shield can make you immune to most arrows and take much less damage from other weapons. Plus, if someone is on you BLOCK, and then have your teammate dunk them why they try and spam hits on you.
I'm not sure how much mana regen is affected a 6kg yet, but i think enough to not go that route. Anyway, i'm just a little upset because i wanted maybe a lean or skinny alvie dagger mage and now i have to choose between wearing paper (which sinergizes nicely with my 140hp) or having low mana regen (which works great with my slightly over 100 mana). I see it as basically a nerf to low weight classes and it's not like we needed it.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The point at which mana regen is basically 0 is still the same. It's just mana regen starts taking a hit earlier. So its not as a big of a deal as people are making it out to be anyway.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Mage needed to be tuned down, not a big deal outside of them possibly trying to shoehorn in their really bad mage armor.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
They should had reworked the +speed% clades of alvarins, to bring them closer to everyone else
Yeah you nerf the main advantage a Veela has and you will have majority of people roll another race.

People need to stop echoing each other. Take a look at what makes other clades strong. Leave Alvarin alone.

If you take away their speed advantage you make them have very little reason to play.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
This is about mages, they dont really have an advantage in anything because of how the system is set up they are outclassed in literally everything, this litterally buffs Tribrid builds and again makes the full class suffer, like full mages. 1 step forward 10 backwards

Reactions: Belegar and nazgo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah you nerf the main advantage a Veela has and you will have majority of people roll another race.

People need to stop echoing each other. Take a look at what makes other clades strong. Leave Alvarin alone.

If you take away their speed advantage you make them have very little reason to play.

he's not wrong. I tried to outline it in a thread about flat boniz. Flat has too high of an effect on stout. It should be that at fit and diminishing each way so that you don't get lean w/ very little advantage, or low dex like 80 dex builds that are actually able to be on the ground. The speed diff is good, but they could also rebalance the dex curve, the only other char that is coming close to 110+ dex is a khurite. Stout veela should be faster than lean Khur at 115, but I don't think it should be as big of a difference as it is. Just my 2c.

Edit: OT at tuning, yea but I dunno if this was the right way loool.

nazgo

May 29, 2020

Im playing a veela, and I rather see them nerfing the base speed and maybe buffing the sprint clade skills than see them nerfing the mana regen. As nerfing the mana regen hurts nobody but the speed builds.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Change feels like they wanted to nerf sheevra mages, and mightve done it. Humans have far too low stamina and hp similar to alv still that 6kg wont save them from getting bumrushed since their speed is basically the same as thur and ogh, but with extremely less stam on tindremene, sarducaan, sidoian mixed builds. Would've been better to keep the 4kg base, but make cleric 8kg or 10kg before mana penalty.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Change feels like they wanted to nerf sheevra mages, and mightve done it. Humans have far too low stamina and hp similar to alv still that 6kg wont save them from getting bumrushed since their speed is basically the same as thur and ogh, but with extremely less stam on tindremene, sarducaan, sidoian mixed builds. Would've been better to keep the 4kg base, but make cleric 8kg or 10kg before mana penalty.
Yeah human just needs a stamina buff, maybe a small dex cap buff too.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Tindremenes and sidoians need a con buff, while sarducaans need a str buff. 96 con on tind is a joke for a "well rounded and tall roman knight person" while a skinny, short cave dweller has 100. Dex itself barely gives speed, its the clade passives that make alvarin 5% faster than everyone else. Con gives the most stam out of the base attributes but also buffing some of the human gifts would help them further. The speed gap itself without alvarin being counted is a joke, oghmir can basically stickyback any thursar or human enough to drop them.

Last edited:

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
I really don't understand why the made the nerf.

The only thing I can think of is they wanted to make rugged rags useful.

Or they just hate armour/fat mages , a point I believe more with every patch.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
good nerf, now just give +20 stam(clade) to humans, they really suck at everything except as mounteds. I really like humans.. but oghmirs are faster (99dex) and have almost 400stam. so why using humans as a foot? disappointed.