Why do i require more primary points to use a press than to make the best weapons and armors in the game?

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
My main Had butchery, fishing, scribing, i did want to add armor crafting past the light ones so i had to drop all my zoology lores and butchery, witch is fine because the tradeoff was there and I'm ok with not being able to do everything with just one character, this is a social game after all.

So i made the decision to make an alt account because i really want to explore the cooking system of this game with all the fishes I'm getting with my main. the character only has advanced cooking, butchery and the zoology lores i need for cooking all the seafood, well turns out that is already almost all i can fit in te build because you need Pisces, Molusca and Holozoa if you want to ever try and experiment with seafood dishes.

Because I'm only a butcher and a chef with this character and them both share most of the primaries, i wanted to make my own oils and grains for cooking but low and behold i need Herbalism, Milling, Botany and Botany Appliances to make them full yield then if also want to extract grains an extra 100 points on top of that.

This is absurd, you require more primary points to put a bunch of weeds on a bench press and rotate a lever to the right than to make Merc Plate or Draconigena Armatus Tungsteel armor

Also extracting is so point consuming that my Full extractor friend has to either drop Gnat or Blast Furnace if he wants to add milling into his build to give me some grains, literally the easiest food processing system in human history and my friend able to refine everything in the game has problem millings some grains unless he spends an extra 100 primary points.

Milling and Herbalism should be secondary, its nonsensical at this point in time how much do you expect players to invest into making oils and grains to explore your other systems.

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
Armor Crafting Requires 400 Primary Points and then another 100 for each type of material you want to use (200 for scale and 200 for cronite) so this is easily 700-900 primary points. Unless you stop at 70 and don't care about impeccable quality or custom names. Add another 200 if you want to craft currently available pet armor.

Weapon Crafting requires 500 Primary Points and another 100 for each material you want to use. Easily another 300-400.

Reactions: Xunila

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I can't understand your calculation! In my opinion armor crafting needs three primaries for the armor itself and another two primaries for the material lores. Makes 500 points. Don't use the 70-skill-points for your calculation and compare low dura armor/weapons with 100% extraction outcome.

As a bow crafter I even need seven primaries: five for bow crafting and two material lores (animal materials and botany).

For just using the press you are right with four primaries.

My full alchemist uses even eight primaries, and I feel fine with the system: alchemy, potion making, advanced potion making, botany appliance, ore extraction, herbalism, milling, botany.

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
I can't understand your calculation! In my opinion armor crafting needs three primaries for the armor itself and another two primaries for the material lores. Makes 500 points. Don't use the 70-skill-points for your calculation and compare low dura armor/weapons with 100% extraction outcome.

As a bow crafter I even need seven primaries: five for bow crafting and two material lores (animal materials and botany).

For just using the press you are right with four primaries.

My full alchemist uses even eight primaries, and I feel fine with the system: alchemy, potion making, advanced potion making, botany appliance, ore extraction, herbalism, milling, botany.

Soft, Laminate, and Plate are all primaries and each one is a child of the previous one, plus Armor Crafting is a Primary. That is 280 minimum (stopping at 70), but realistically it is 400.

Material Lores will be another 200 minimum, but any real Armorer is going to invest in all Material Lores. That is 500.
Animal Material and Scales = 200
Metallurgy and Advanced Alloys = 200
Textiles = 100

That is 900 in total.

Armorers cannot refine their own materials either. They have to rely on Extractors, Refiners, and Butcherers in order to obtain the best materials in the game.

Edit: I meant Textiles, not Petrology.

Last edited: