Why are mounts slowed down by armor but players not?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
If I put 20kg of armor on a horse it drops almost 20% in speed. Yet if I as a player put 2kg of armor on I am completely un-effected by the armor.

So let us prove my point with math before the kids say... "I have to dedicated 200 points to moving in armor!"

A horse weighs about 800kg, 20kg of armor is 2.5% of the horses total mass. A typical character in game that is fit is 80kg and has 2kg of armor on that is 2.5% of their total mass again. Yet that player can move without skills at full speed, but the horse is slowed down by 20%?

If a horse isnt strong enough to carry its own mass then how the hell are we riding them?

Reactions: grendel

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It's a computer game horse. It weights as much as the game designer wants it to.

You do realize that horses and all mobs have a mass assigned to them in game right? They have always had a mass assigned to them ever since MO1. In MO1 a mob dropped 1 stack of carcass for every 100kg of the creature weight. In MO2 it is about 70-75%.

Reactions: Makalis

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Because balance reasons which you are a lost cause in continuing to ecplain this too.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
because horse can't read armor training, maybe we should get a Tindremic scholar to make a version of the book with pics only

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Because balance reasons which you are a lost cause in continuing to ecplain this too.

Well this is one of the hills I will continue to fight on. Otherwise we will continue to have plate armor meta racers.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
It's a computer game horse. It weights as much as the game designer wants it to.

I can't really tell if you just have poor comprehension skills and can't tell that the OP obviously knows it's a video game and still wants the change regardless or if you seriously think that the OP doesn't know physics don't exist in video games. Starting to lean towards the former since it seems like you say this on every post and can't really comprehend well

Reactions: Hodo