Which build is best for archer/mage

jantarmuska

Oct 26, 2020
Iam new in Mortal online and I would like to know which build is the best for archer and mage and which skills and stats need to have. Thanks a lot. :)

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Str to pull strong bows, int to do magic damage, dex to walk faster and int to do more magic damage and for mana.
And there is also PSY for more Mana (but you can't have All attributes at max, so I think that's the least valuable).

Race I would go for Alvarin. They are super fast, got a clade gift that boosts bow str requirement - 20, and they got a good overall attribute pool.
I would go for min size, max str, max dex, 60+ int and the rest con.

Skills I'm too lazy to list them all.

Reactions: Xunila

jantarmuska

Oct 26, 2020
Str to pull strong bows, int to do magic damage, dex to walk faster and int to do more magic damage and for mana.
And there is also PSY for more Mana (but you can't have All attributes at max, so I think that's the least valuable).

Race I would go for Alvarin. They are super fast, got a clade gift that boosts bow str requirement - 20, and they got a good overall attribute pool.

Why min size?

And can you recomend minimum of con?

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
Why min size?

And can you recomend minimum of con?

min size so its harder to hit you and I guess you save stat points, as a mage your hp doesnt matter that much, you will die very fast if a foot warrior gets on to you hence minimum size and max speed
going archer/mage build would be a pain in the ass to make stats wise and completely inneficient, atleast with alvarin you can switch between the two which is a big plus as you can try both on a single character as long as you are ok with grinding the stats and skills.

stat priority for alvarin archer: 1.str 2.dex 3.con (you can max all3) rest in either int for some stat bonuses or psy for magic defense (depending on your skills aswell)
stat priority for alvarin mage: 1.dex 2.int 3. con/psy unless you want to build a fatmage but thats a completely different story xd

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
A alvarin mage should be able to max Dex Int and Con. With some bonus points shoved into psy. As long as you are minimum size.
Size only really impacts your health and your character size. So the extra attributes for psy will be a welcome addition for your mana pool.
If you can make sure to have more than 150 health I think you'll be fine, you can always sacrifice mana regen for slightly heavier armor if you feel you are too squishy.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I probably got it wrong... I thought the question is a build which is both mage and archer (so basically mage archer hybrid).
In that case I would go for max str, max dex, 60 int (for "max" damage on the basic spells) and the rest in con for the HP.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
That's the Mage/Archery Hybrid I had in mind:

zWh5WbQ.jpg
82Vrw21.jpg

PS: Thank you, creator of MortalData, whoever you are! :D

Edit: Vitalism still missing... Spend the other 50 points in Vitalism. It's also without clade gifts so there might be even more avilable primary points...

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
I'm playing around with a Veela/Veela 23 Archer/Mounted-Archer/Mage build which is coming along nicely after playing with the MortalData tool.
Deciding on a few sacrifices but overall.

Can be a FootArcher/Mounted-Archer/Dex-Mage and with potential taming included.

Reactions: Xunila and Rhias

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If I was going footmage/archer I would probably go pure Sheevra. Reason being is their attribute cap is completely maxed out PLUS they essentially get 20 free points of strength as it matters to their build. It's going to let you spread your attribute points the furthest in a build that has no stats that are true dump stats. Literally every single attribute (except size if you count that) is relevant to that build so you want to maximize your attribute eco as far as you can.

A Sheevra has 8 higher attribute pool but also can take 4 more points out if size making it a 12 higher attribute cap race for the cost of 4 less strength cap, and 4 less dex cap.

So in total you have 20 more points to spend on mage attributes vs a veela. If it was a pure archer, so what? But for a mage/archer. I think that's a decent trade-off.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

How much less Str requirement for a Bow you get from the Alvarin Cladgift. If the Str requirement is lowered only a bit, the human might be an Option aswell, becuase he have 40 more Attribute Points, but i guess you want to have a weakspot Character, and use the Bow as the main source of damage. Then the Alvarin would be good, but you will need juwelery and a weaponhilt to push Str and reduce the Str requirement further.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Hope you can make it. I hope Weaponhilts will be a more common Loot in MO2.
I believe such a build would require jewelry and a Weaponhilt.

But everything else on this caracter is cheep. Reagents, a Bow and your Armor will cost nearly nothing.

I hope it works and that it won´t be too expencive, or you will have to use a very low damage bow, will have very low Mana or health. You can´t max out everything. I would rather start testing now, as after release. Especially tests with Bows and Str requirements.

You would have to find a group that is near the Jungle to farm the Satordungen and build a house with a prist. This is where the Weaponhilts will drop, but i hope more Monsters will drop them in MO2. In MO1 you could find them only in the very hard Dungens such as the Occultist dungen and the Sator Dungen.

Mounted Archer/Moutned Mage is defenetly working, but hard to master. Here a Link to an old Guide for MO1.
You have 121 Str but very low Dex. You not want to get dismounted.

Sec hybrid Style is the" Mounted archery - Mounted mage " MA - MM "

The Mounted archer / Mounted mage is one of the Most Effective builds found in Mortal Online Since they do combine mastery of the art of Magic and Bow , that allow them to target there enemy with a Decent weakspots and are excellent support For a Mounted Crew though there build have some weakness , Since the player gonna be stout in order to increase the strenght this he lose -5 dex so he be a 5 dex only , sadly player will be very Dependable on his horse since its the only thing that can keep him alive , player required to be careful and watch out as other mounters will always attempt to target his mount first or dismount him , this Build is very vulnerable to a MC though not all the time if the player had 100 ecumemical spells for the earthquake he can still attempt to Fight back , personally i played with this build and im pretty satisfied about How it works though this is a build that is not so eazy to Master or understand, yet not so hard its also very effective for farming " pve " . A monster in the battlefield because player can peel off for his fighter its a bit tanky build with some survabillity and do alot of dmg if played corectly though the hardest thing is to Time when to switch from damage to support but you grow better at this with Constant practice .

The build used For a MA - MM is an Oghmir - Huergar / Huergar , 121 str , 5 dex , 110 int , 16 psy 154 cm size at age 30 .
Recominded Gear For an MA/MM ;
ur gonna need gear with weight 6.6 max so u need to chose wisely
Helmet:Lictor (pretty important) if you cant get that a plate scale IMPERATOR will go well
Torso: Lictor if y cant get that the plate scale IMPERATOR Do a bit trick
leggins: lictor if u cant get that , plate scale imperator or sarduccan guard
boots: still lictor or cultist iron silk
rest of armor : bedai hunter blood silk .
the Recominded Bows For an MA/MM
Ranged weapon : A short bow dense crepite/spongewood(for killing horses) or for killing player asymetrical one made from dense crepite/spongewood.

* it is Recommend to player hold a good amount of calamine , water and pyriteat his inventory so he can use the the Earth quake and also do not forget to carry some blunt arrows .

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
That's the Mage/Archery Hybrid I had in mind:

zWh5WbQ.jpg
82Vrw21.jpg

PS: Thank you, creator of MortalData, whoever you are! :D

Edit: Vitalism still missing... Spend the other 50 points in Vitalism. It's also without clade gifts so there might be even more avilable primary points...

With this low Int and Psy you get only 87 Mana ! That is not very much ! You would be limited in your Spells. Only use small heals on friends, when they are in trouble and sometimes you can propably cast Mindblast. Mindblast cost the lowest Mana, as far as i remember. The damage can be good, or very low.
The damage is calculated from the differences in the Attributes.

You will hit the Fighter and a full MC for arround 40 Damage, becuase they have the minimum ammout of int/Psy, but you will do nearly no damage to the Magery/Footfighter Hybrids, becuase they have their Stats balanced and arround 60 + Str. Those Characters you would have to target with the bow. The Human will get medium damage, becuase he have 40 Attribute Points more, that will end up in Psy, Int or Str if it´s a Hybrid Build.

Keep in Mind thaz Juwelery increasing Int might be much cheeper as Juwelery increasing Str. Every Mounted Combat Character is looking for those Weaponhilts. They are not interested in getting more Int.

If the Build does not work out so well, and if you not get your hands on the required Weaponhilts, you can always drop Archery and go for a Swordfighter/Magery Hybrid, that works very well. Swords take arround 50-60 Str

The weaponskills never took to long to get them to 100.

I wish they would add Bloodmagic as Claid Gift, so in the next 15 Seconds every Spell will consume Health instead of Mana, or that you can switch between the Stances.

Last edited:
Reactions: LilLordFontleroy

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Not sure if anything has changed from MO1 but in the old game the biggest issue which made archer/mage hybrid not plausible was the fact that all the good bows required strength(for high damage bows) and con (to be able to shoot more than 3 arrow).
it just wasn’t possible to have strength + con + enough psyche/int for mana AND a decent amount of dex for speed.

so yea that’s why there weren’t almost any mage/archers

also as a mage you don’t need long distance damage. You already have that. What you need is defence from close range atacks. Hence why dex to run away.

you may be able to make an archer that’s can heal himself a bit and cast basic weak spells, or a mage that can shoot very low damage bows, but generally speaking bows require stats that compliment foot fighters.

again this was MO1, not sure if skills/ stats have drastically changed.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Alvarin get two bow strength requirement clade gifts with +10 str each, so with 82 strength plus 5 from being stout an Alvarin can use bows with 107 strength requirement. Of cause there is a noticeable difference to real archers with bows of 115 or 117 or even 120 strength requirement. But this is pretty good when not playing pure PvP and much better than in MO1.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
107 + Weaponhilt = max damage bows

The weaponhilts lowered the Str requirements for at least 10-15 Str

That means you could shoot a 121 Str requirement Bow, but it would cost some Cash ! This would be a bit more expencive, but good vs Mounted Combat. You could damage your Opponents mount with your bow and the Player with Magic, if he is low life, but you can´t dismount him with earthquake.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah the Alvarin buffs may help make it viable. There are a couple major advantages I can think of. One being mage/archer would seem to have a major upper hand in fights against pure mages as they could get off some very solid hits whenever their opponent goes to charge a spell. With Sheevra being a very viable build for this, you're also looking at nearly max speed with potentially maxed out attributes.

It may still play out as an underpowered build, but I can definitely see arcane-skirmishers as a build worth testing in MO2.