What other alternatives to MO2 do we have?

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Yeah but "more costly" isn't going to change anything. Over time gold becomes pretty useless and most everyone eventually is sitting on stacks and stacks of the gear they need. So what else you gonna spend the gold on? Besides trinket charges. Its not a solution...its just some lazy idea SV came up with.
Costly doesn't mean just gold, it can be a time sink. And sometimes you can't throw money at the problem, even paying well it wasn't easy to outsource people gathering boulders in MO1 so only the people motivated to do the siege would do it and that took considerable time.

This is all going to change with the supply chain thing but I expect there are time sinks involved there that you can't just buy your way out of.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I feel like it has to be the PvP aspect plus some other factors. Or else what aspect of MO2 PvP do you feel survival titles lack when played on hardcore PvP servers?
Yes it is the mmorpg and PvP aspect only found here.
No other game can grip the same feeling .

Survival games normally have low cap count, its never forced fpv and never directional combat ala MO, DM, M&B, etc.
They are not one server or one regional server not even only a couple servers but loads upon loads. If you start smashing groups, they simply leave to other servers ruining the experience.
They also normally involve alot more cheese mechanics and/or have some retarded forms of gameplay that I personally dont like thats trendy.

All in all, all such games ive tried I havent gotten my moneys worth or simply are clones of eachother since its trendy.

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yes it is the mmorpg and PvP aspect only found here.
No other game can grip the same feeling .

Survival games normally have low cap count, its never forced fpv and never directional combat ala MO, DM, M&B, etc.
They are not one server or one regional server not even only a couple servers but loads upon loads. If you start smashing groups, they simply leave to other servers ruining the experience.
They also normally involve alot more cheese mechanics and/or have some retarded forms of gameplay that I personally dont like thats trendy.

All in all, all such games ive tried I havent gotten my moneys worth or simply are clones of eachother since its trendy.
some are fun for awhile, but MO kept you coming back to see what was happening. lol Like at one point I cared who had the keeps. That's the sign of a functioning sandbox. I don't think I've ever played a game like that where you absolutely had to know info like that to get by. Again: MO, the only game I ever subbed to. Eat shit buds. IT CAN BE FIXED.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
some are fun for awhile, but MO kept you coming back to see what was happening. lol Like at one point I cared who had the keeps. That's the sign of a functioning sandbox. I don't think I've ever played a game like that where you absolutely had to know info like that to get by. Again: MO, the only game I ever subbed to. Eat shit buds. IT CAN BE FIXED.
I actually now think it can only be made, but never fixed. Once made they cant touch it nomore or else they ruin it.

So SV can make a good game but they always ruin it within a short amount of time.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Rep was DUMB. One of the most anti sandbox features a game could have is a REP system. lol there isn't even a map. RIPPP. I mean flag is pretty bad, but it is what it is. They should have worked on that in the beginning.

Then I just don't understand how they made the game but they can't get the 'sliders' right or whatever to make it play well. You know even tho people went nutso about the swing speed and got it changed, SV needs to start trying more things like that til the combat at least is good. Like I said, they could this by simply adding more chip dmg to parry haha. It would make the game nuts for a patch cycle, but so did the swing speed.

No matter what it seems like if two people are there swinging and hitting each other, it might look like bs, but there is a lot that goes into that. It can be as nuanced as parry play except the differences you'll see is in swing dmgs, clean hits, double hits (off the dodge.) I dunno, like I said it was wonky but it was something about MO. That was Mortal combat, to me. I wanna play that again but with better tech. BASICALLY.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
You shitters can play the best pvp mmo ever created, Asheron's Call.
The emulator has about the same player count as MO2 lol