What Build are you going for?

Piet

May 28, 2020
Since we can only have 1 character now I believe this choice is going to be the biggest one we have other than what guild to join. So what are you leaning towards with your one character? It will be interesting to see if this means it will be back to the days of very few mages since everyone loves foot fighting. I personally am leaning towards Paladin since it's the only build I haven't tried.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
For my purposes...
Whatever build lets me kill people and fucking hoof it.

So..

Probably Veela Veela dex fighter with whatever does good damage with good stam regen.
Speed is best for 1 v X and I'm likely to get myself into that sort of trouble often.

Reactions: Phen and Misora

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I will use some allround fighter build, fitted for fighting close to water.

Race with good combination between size, damage bonus, con & dex. So nothing super fast, but also nothing super slow.
Medium armor weight (12-15kg)
Dagger skill (if there are some heavy, non weakspot daggers)
Full fighter skills.
Full swimming skills.

Optional:
- archery
- beast master

Reactions: Dracu

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Most of the MO1 times I played a mage with taming, switched to domination with beast mastery when this skills came into the game. But some years ago living in Sarducaa I rerolled my main character to mounted archer with taming.

In MO2 I will skill this basic build again as mounted archer with taming and without any foot fighter skills. Everything else depends on the number of primary points in the fighter part of the skill tree. I would like to get beast mastery again and some magic spells for healing.

The the crafting part of the skill tree I will become a bow crafter again like in MO1 and will probably go for cooking/alchemy if the are enough primary points .

Reactions: Rhias and Dominulf
D

Dracu

Will be looking into swimming hybrid, tamer/butcher. Will see how good viable it will be.

Reactions: Fortuona

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Gatherer / tamer/lockpicker something like that.

Something similar for me as well.

I will still most likely be playing a loner type character.

Since we will have combat this time around I will probably go with axes so I can have a chance of defending myself with my tools. Hopefully they don't stick to the idea that a tool can not be a good weapon though. If I can fight with an axe and I can buy or craft a good axe then I should be able to use it as a weapon and a tool.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Fun to be to odd one out!! Assuming we get a decent set of points for both combat and crafting.

Fisher, Butcher, Tamer and Breeder of specific species for crafting side, then action side would be mounted magic. Just depends on how the points are used.

Reactions: BleckCat

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Ideally I will be a sword/dagger fighter wearing the armor light enough that it doesn't hurt my fall damage or stamina. I'll carry around a short bow, and tame, focusing on PvE content, likely with a bear.

I'll have the base minimum for magic so I am able to cast a couple utility spells or some lesser healing, and I'd like to be a botany cook as well.

So... The usual. I'll be a lightweight jack of all trades who gets clapped in a sword fight but usually has a bear to hide behind. I also like being versatile and being able to adapt to situations. Bow? Got it. Magic? Some. Hungry? Easy. Boss that can crush me? I have a bear for that.

Least I'm honest :p

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Something similar for me as well.

I will still most likely be playing a loner type character.

Since we will have combat this time around I will probably go with axes so I can have a chance of defending myself with my tools. Hopefully they don't stick to the idea that a tool can not be a good weapon though. If I can fight with an axe and I can buy or craft a good axe then I should be able to use it as a weapon and a tool.
You were always allowed to do this in MO1. People just didn't due to the durability hit the weapon took. Could chop with any one handed bladed weapon.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
You were always allowed to do this in MO1. People just didn't due to the durability hit the weapon took. Could chop with any one handed bladed weapon.
Yeah, that is right.

But I would still like to see the actual craftable tools be viable in skilled hands. Someone with a decent wood cutting axe or pickaxe in their hands should be considered a possible threat instead of an easy target.

I would imagine the piercing end of a pickaxe would be very effective against many armors. And extremely deadly if it was able to actually penetrate through it. Imagine what that thing could do to a skull, kneck , spine, lungs ect. It really is not something that should be taken lightly by an attacker.

Fortuona

Jun 17, 2020
NC USA
I'll just wait and see what my options are. I always loved MO1 cause I could log in and do whatever. I love the freedom the game allowes :)

Reactions: Dominulf

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Jack of all trades, assuming the system lets me. Probably gonna switch professions every other week and drive my guildmates insane.

Combat will be either Hybrid/Mage or something mounted, depending what is viable for solo/small group roaming.