We need a good in game way to reroll

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
We need a good in game way to reroll. And reroll tokens bought with real $ don't count. This is one of the biggest issues with 1 character slot. Your crafting and everything else is tied to your combat character. And combat characters are extremely race specific. If you start trying to make a hybrid, and then decide you want to be a fighter, well sucks to be you. Start over. This is implying you dfont make a fighter thats a worse hybrid worse fighter race that can fit either in a subn par fashion. And having to buy a reroll token like in mo1 is also a crappy option. We are going to have to pay 15$ a month. We shouldn't have to pay for something we shouldn't have to do. MO1 rerolling was easy because you lost so much less, because deleting your fighter only deleted your fighter, and you could easily move bank items to alts. This just made reroll tokens a luxury, so it could get away with being paid. You cant do that in this. I've been trying really hard to decide what I'm going to play on launch. and the only thing I can decide is that whatever it is I'm going to end up wanting to reroll and being screwed. Because I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to max crafting lores which I'll just lose if I reroll.

Another thing is possible changes. If you make a race then they change int curves, speed curves, clade gifts, etc, the reason you made a build might not work and you can want to reroll. Once again, you're screwed by MO2. Changes that effect builds should give everyone a soulbound reroll token.

You should get a soul bound reroll token like every month as a vet point option or something. Somethign that doesnt screw the player out of a ton of gold or $. Because we shouldnt get punished for wanting to play the game. And then if they add other vet point items it promotes not rerolling 24/7 because you can save up for those.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
This is why I've always been in support of having 2-4 character slots where only 1 is able to have crafting skills (decided on creation or just the first character created) this way you'd have at least 1-3 extra character slots for combat characters that can be deleted and re-rolled without losing your ohgmium lore skill...

That said, some active skills like taming or inevitably lockpicking might need to be moved to professions but that's another discussion.

Chances are they won't change the number of character slots so your idea could be a pretty good solution.

Reactions: Manfredo and Jatix

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I agree with most of what you're saying, but I do want them to stick to 1 character and this reroll option shouldn't let you rename, or maybe switch it to have our surnames be shown in game and this reroll could allow changing first name, but not the surname.

What about clade gifts? Should those transfer? Idk, seems like they shouldn't, but at the same time I can already tell they're going to be the most annoying kind of grind come launch unless they change things with them. Henrik promised more ways of getting clade gifts...but I'm betting we don't get anything near what we ought to have for this anytime soon.

Reactions: Kelzyr

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I agree with most of what you're saying, but I do want them to stick to 1 character and this reroll option shouldn't let you rename, or maybe switch it to have our surnames be shown in game and this reroll could allow changing first name, but not the surname.

What about clade gifts? Should those transfer? Idk, seems like they shouldn't, but at the same time I can already tell they're going to be the most annoying kind of grind come launch unless they change things with them. Henrik promised more ways of getting clade gifts...but I'm betting we don't get anything near what we ought to have for this anytime soon.
mo1 reroll tokens didnt let you change name, reset Mc, or any of the sort. It didnt even let you pick a new weight or height (which it prob should). So I'm assuming MO2 reroll tokens could be similar. Just change race, age, appearance, etc.

Clade gifts points on reroll should be refunded or converted back for like 80% cladegift xp. No reason to have to regind them. Game is grindy enough.

I understand the point of 1 character, it has some benefits. so I've accepted the 1 char thing. I just want them to polish it. The current way characters work is its still built like you have several characters and reroll to change builds. But thats off the table with the 1 character style. so we need more alternatives. Its supposed to be a sandbox with a lot of sand. But all we can have is 1 bucket of sand at a time. And currently theres no intelligent way to change buckets. So I feel like its a very high priority update.

Reactions: Kelzyr

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Theres more options besides reroll tokens too. There could be a free reroll method that you pick to inherit your profession skills, and lose your attributes and action skills. So half making a new character. They can add one thats the other way around but I doubt many people would use it.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Bump this, can we please have a way to reroll a char without deleting him?
like reroll Token.1-2k Gold.
you keep: your profession, your bank, your house, your name
You lose: action skills, clade xp
It’s a nice gold sink and would be used a lot by players.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Bump this, can we please have a way to reroll a char without deleting him?
like reroll Token.1-2k Gold.
you keep: your profession, your bank, your house, your name
You lose: action skills, clade xp
It’s a nice gold sink and would be used a lot by players.
You shouldn't be paying real money or huge amounts of gold to buy a real money item, to still lose clade xp.

Should lose nothing but re change race height and weight. If you lose clade xp and skills, it should be cheaper or easier to do in game.

but yes the game badly needs this. I want to reroll race but isnt worth the time of re grinding up.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
You shouldn't be paying real money or huge amounts of gold to buy a real money item, to still lose clade xp.

Should lose nothing but re change race height and weight. If you lose clade xp and skills, it should be cheaper or easier to do in game.

but yes the game badly needs this. I want to reroll race but isnt worth the time of re grinding up.
That’s also fine
rerolling is just so annoying ☹️

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

should legit get at least one even if you only ever get 1 when you make acct. lol Would help retention a lot I'd reckon.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
One char per account is not justified.

Its pure and simple greed move to sell more accounts.
What kind of restriction is this if you can avoid it with more money?
Its make MO2 "Pay to Win" game. As simple as this - "Pay to Win"

What argument SV use to justify 1 char per account?

Accountability
? LOL.
Use family name or single name/reputation and guild affiliation for all alts on account.
Trade between players? LOL
Honestly IMHO your draconian restrictions on craft are promoting inconvenience rather then trade. 2 char per account wont made account self sufficient anyway. Most of the trade is happening in resources. There is no shortage of crafters in any field with all your restrictions per account.
Practically speaking any small guild can handle all needs internally. Specially when 2 or 3 core members have multiple accounts.
Why would I buy anything from market if I can trade for resources or get free for participation in dungeon/gathering runs internally? Especially if I need equipment made specifically tailor for my char strength and armor/weight rank.
Personally, I have not bought anything crafted from broker at all