Warcrys worth it?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Hey,
is it just me or is there absolutely no reason to skill certain warcrys as a PVP meele fighter?

E.g. "A inspiring warcry that will strengthen the bodies of anyone close to you giving them stronger physical defence. This buff stacks up to 5 times on Oghmirs".

So I'm a meele fighter and skill that above warcry. Now I engage in a PVP fight. Won't my enemys also get that buff? So basically I buff my enemy to take less damage from myself. Great!

Or imaging being a mage and buffing magic resistance to everyone... :D

In PVE it does make sense assuming it does not buff AI. But in PVP...?
(Only exception: your group consists of more characters of that race, so you can stack the buff several times, while your enemys use other races and receive it only once.)

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Definitely the kind of thing the game needs to have an idea about who you consider you allies that would be affected by the buff. If your enemies unleashed their own warcries when battling against you somehow I don't think you would feel inspired. Worth dev clarification on intent.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
How long is this warcry working, what is the timeout? Maybe you should use the buff before reaching the enemy. Could be equal to the earthquake spell in MO1 which damages the area around the mage and the mage in the center, too.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
How long is this warcry working, what is the timeout? Maybe you should use the buff before reaching the enemy. Could be equal to the earthquake spell in MO1 which damages the area around the mage and the mage in the center, too.

Those clade gifts seem to be all passive. So you can't trigger them manually.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Random trigger after 15 minutes or something? Or with the first hit? Automatic trigger has many problem, yes.
Actually you can't see any buff status effect in the lower right corner of your screen. So it's a complete guessing game...

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
Those clade gifts seem to be all passive. So you can't trigger them manually.

Nope, drag it to your hotbar, the warcry is a on-use ability. Henrik was saying they gonna change the UI to make it more obvious though since it looks like all the passives.

Reactions: Xunila and Rhias

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Nope, drag it to your hotbar, the warcry is a on-use ability. Henrik was saying they gonna change the UI to make it more obvious though since it looks like all the passives.
Oh, okay, interesting... That explains a lot.