Video Rmoved (Guess Which One)

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
So your objections have to do with the animation and not the form of the avatars. ;)

@Sebastian Persson , he's right, you know. Have someone fix that?
More or less, yeah. To me, this reads as a conflict in the design. You can't have your ideal gladiator superstar, AND have them have this.. pitiful borderline misogynistic portrayal of the athleticism of women. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's what it is. Do better.

Keep in mind here we're trying to play a game. The harder you try to simulate real life, then naturally the complexity increases. Why do you think these mmo's never come out? Don't worry be happy.

How does making the animation not terrible make anything more complex? And no, this representation of women in the otherwise harsh and brutal world of Nave does not make me happy.

Right. I just don't want to get bogged down tweaking every animation and model. If they're serviceable i'm happy. Although realistic animations in games these days are very impressive and immersive if done right.

Making the arms not do that little ultra-feminine little wrist twirl thing would not have been hard. That was a CHOICE. It's not a question of complexity or difficulty. It's 100% a question of choice. I've done game dev. I've done animation for game dev. This was the way they chose to represent women, and it WILL alienate a potential audience and reflect poorly on the game from an outside perspective.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Making the arms not do that little ultra-feminine little wrist twirl thing would not have been hard. That was a CHOICE. It's not a question of complexity or difficulty. It's 100% a question of choice. I've done game dev. I've done animation for game dev. This was the way they chose to represent women, and it WILL alienate a potential audience and reflect poorly on the game from an outside perspective.
I've had 12 years experience of civil rights activism and womens rights activism and I can say for a FACT that the overfeminized wrist motion when the women walk hypersexualizes and objectifies women. This is pure misogyny and Henrik should be ashamed for implementing this into a game. I thought the Swedes were supposed to be more progressive than this.

• Haha
Reactions: Rolufe and Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
More or less, yeah. To me, this reads as a conflict in the design. You can't have your ideal gladiator superstar, AND have them have this.. pitiful borderline misogynistic portrayal of the athleticism of women. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's what it is. Do better.

How does making the animation not terrible make anything more complex? And no, this representation of women in the otherwise harsh and brutal world of Nave does not make me happy.

Redesigning something by definition takes at least 1 second of time, it however can't take negative time.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Redesigning something by definition takes at least 1 second of time, it however can't take negative time.
A redesign of that run would be very much worth it. I'd hate to see veelas or thursars running like that by release.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I personally don't see where the debate is here.
Starvault did a good job making female avatars. They look good.
:cool:

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
The worlds definitely changed when men on a MO forum are complaining that it’s offensive the female model animations aren’t hardcore elite athlete running style enough.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
for be honest the new Myrland ladys, look very sexy. jajajaja

(oh Soldeus god, forgive my lust and sinful mind)

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
for be honest the new Myrland ladys, look very sexy. jajajaja

(oh Soldeus god, forgive my lust and sinful mind)
Man why the heck are you back here? There's a search bar at the top of your browser if you are that thirsty, holy hell.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri