UI Feedback Megathread

JimLit

Nov 20, 2020
The UI has always been one of my main complaints in MO, figure there should be a dedicated place to compile and discuss all of the concerns. To kick things off I will add my top items below and update the OP going forward with new items that get posted.

Overlay:
  • [QOL] Allow draggable items to be locked and unlocked

• [QOL] Allow overlay items to be resized

• [Addition] Hotbar actions should be bindable to the mouse thumb buttons.

Menus / Inventory:
  • [Addition] We need a quick compare for items equipped vs items in inventory. Most modern games have a side by side tooltip when you mouse over gear in your inventory displaying the stats of that item vs what you have equipped. This absolutely needs to get implemented.

• [QOL] Character / Paper doll should be toggled with the inventory by default. The issues I'm seeing are
    • If you have both open at the same time you have to hit both buttons to close them or esc twice which is confusing and unintuitive.
    • It's more helpful to me to have both open at the same time to review my equipped gear
  • [QOL] In line with the above, have "escape" close all open dialogs.

• [QOL] When you hit "escape" to open the game menu, and again to close it, the cursor remains. This is severely annoying. Have it go out of cursor mode when you close the game menu.

• [QOL] In your inventory or bank, Shift + dragging an item into another slot should also result in splitting the stack (and not only shift + right click).
NPC Dialog:
  • [QOL] When you interact with a trader, open the players inventory as well.

• [QOL] When in a trading dialog let the player right click gear and usable items in their inventory to add to the sell list. Currently this just equips it.

• [QOL] In a trading dialog you should be able to drag items to the sell list to add them. Currently it just tries to delete the item.

• [QOL] In the bank dialog, allow the user to right click item in inventory to move into bank and auto stack to existing item in the bank.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
The UI has always been one of my main complaints in MO, figure there should be a dedicated place to compile and discuss all of the concerns. To kick things off I will add my top items below and update the OP going forward with new items that get posted.

I'm domestically blind to much of this now and I forget how much these things go towards holding the attention of new players, therefore longer term 'retention' too,
These suggestions are great, maybe i'm tired but i can't fault these, this all all about the goal of a consistent and intuitive experience.

Maybe each decent current and new suggestion could do with a yes/no poll just to gain a vague idea of support as the list builds.

Great thread and suggestions anyway @JimLit , love it!

Reactions: JimLit

JimLit

Nov 20, 2020
I'm domestically blind to much of this now and I forget how much these things go towards holding the attention of new players, therefore longer term 'retention' too,
These suggestions are great, maybe i'm tired but i can't fault these, this all all about the goal of a consistent and intuitive experience.

Maybe each decent current and new suggestion could do with a yes/no poll just to gain a vague idea of support as the list builds.

Great thread and suggestions anyway @JimLit , love it!

Absolutely, having an intuitive UI / interface is mandatory these days as people just aren't willing to work around it like they used too. MO2 will already be an intimidating place for new players they don't need to fight the UI as well.

Not sure I can add or update a poll after the fact but I can add a "+1" or some counter if people call out the features specifically to the OP.

Missing feature from MO1: Right click item in inventory to move into bank and auto stack to existing item in the bank.

added this to OP, and definitely agree.

Reactions: Vagrant

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
oh cool guess we can wrap this thread up then... or keep tutorial zone chat to it's own thread that you started.

i think this is the point @Eldrath makes though, if these and other logically intuitive gameplay 'QOL' improvements, many of which have been asked for over many years now, were seriously considered then the Haven thread would not need to exist any more than Haven does :)

It needs to be seen that Haven is a symptom of a greater disease,
UI improvements to increase intuitive play however ARE a big part of the cure for that disease, along with other inconsistencies, which would see that symptom dissappear.

Apologies for the diversion, really looking forward to more suggestions in this thread

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Shift + dragging an item into another slot should also result in splitting the stack (and not only shift + right click).
Hotbar actions should be bindable to the mouse thumb buttons.

Reactions: Vagrant

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Shift + dragging an item into another slot should also result in splitting the stack (and not only shift + right click).
the split system in Escape from Tarkov works perfect, SV should copy paste this.

JimLit

Nov 20, 2020

Agree with both, added to OP.

Reactions: Rhias