Twitch Stream June 9th 2022 Summary

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021

Next Patch

Big Bosses – We have a few very large world bosses in the works, and we will be launching one with the next Necromancer Patch.

Tower Shields – We are planning to launch Tower Shields with the Necromancer patch.

Necromancy – Ritual Pets will be able to be stabled, however do not bring them to town!

Trinket Lucks and Descriptions

There has been many questions on some of the trinket loot benefits. We wanted to give a bit of an explanation. We will be adding these explanations in game and some changes to their names to help make it clearer. For now, here is what they do.

The last person who hits the AI is the person whose luck stats is checked.

Loot Luck = Higher chance to receive items from AI loot.

Loot Amount = Increased item quantity of looted items from AI loot.

Skill Trinket Luck = Better Primary effects (Relies on trinket tier).

Trinket Luck = Better Secondary Effects (Relies on gem tier).

Rare Trinket Luck = Higher chance of receiving a better gem when looting a trinket.

Financials

We still are not ready to start the subscription for the game. We are set to develop for a long time without additional funds. We do not need to secure more currently. We want to ensure that Mortal Online 2 is in a great state before we push for a second awareness campaign. When we have more information of when the subscription will start and your first month will start to tick down, we will inform everyone.

Guarded Cities

We have guarded cities in Mortal Online 2 to make natural hubs in the world. This helps with trade and community. It is to give new players a haven that they can learn the game and recoup. Mortal Online 2 can be especially brutal and we want to make sure that players can have a location to catch their breath. At this current time, cities will stay guarded.

Content Creators

Our content creator functions are currently down and being readjusted. When we plan to start our second awareness wave, these will likely be ready to go. Something great about our creators is that they vary in personality and play style. It truly shows the depth of gameplay types we currently have now and will expand on in the future. We attract players of all creeds which makes for a unique and interactive community. Thank you for taking the time to enjoy and stream the game for us.

Future

Belbus – The Belbus creature is ready. He will likely show up in the next patch or two.

Next Magic School – The likely choices are Elementalism, Staff Magic, or Animism.

Dismounting and Riding – These mechanics will be coming to the game in the short future. Being able to dismount players with attacks or magic (such as Earthquake). We will also include the riding archery head/aiming bob that is missing from the game.

New Mounts – We are eager to include more mounts in the game. Many creatures already in the game will be mountable. We also have a few more for Myrland that are not released. New mounts will come after a few other animation priorities are finished.

Trinkets placed in Bags – We hear you. This QoL feature is coming.

Bounty Hunter Tweaks and Coins – We will be making various tweaks to help with distance and reward. This includes some things to spend your coins on such as tools, items, or cosmetics.

Religion System – In MO1 we could not deliver this mechanic. There will be a religion mechanic tied to Territory Control. It will involve the gods of the world and reward certain creeds or playstyles. We will tell you more in the future.

Melting/Repairing – In MO1 our crafting system did not support melting or repairing options. Our current system in MO2 does support it. We are still deciding IF and HOW we may implement these in the game. If there are updates on this front, we will let you know.

manure

May 7, 2022

Guarded Cities

We have guarded cities in Mortal Online 2 to make natural hubs in the world. This helps with trade and community. It is to give new players a haven that they can learn the game and recoup. Mortal Online 2 can be especially brutal and we want to make sure that players can have a location to catch their breath. At this current time, cities will stay guarded.

Thaks for the update, Robmo.
Great stuff coming. Nice to know.

But, about guarded cities... Of course its necessary. We are not against guards inside cities.....
What we are against is guards OUTSIDE cities !!
There should be no guards outside any town... No guards in the wilderness.

Are you going to fix Meduli guards patrolling the wilderness ? Or will we still be safer at Medul's graveyard than on Haven ?

Its unacceptable that players can Mine saburra in 100% safety, outside town.
Its unacceptable that players can farm monster at a Graveyard with GUARDS protecting them...

Come on... Remove guards from the wilderness.
Let them be only INSIDE towns

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Thaks for the update, Robmo.
Great stuff coming. Nice to know.

But, about guarded cities... Of course its necessary. We are not against guards inside cities.....
What we are against is guards OUTSIDE cities !!
There should be no guards outside any town... No guards in the wilderness.

Are you going to fix Meduli guards patrolling the wilderness ? Or will we still be safer at Medul's graveyard than on Haven ?

Its unacceptable that players can Mine saburra in 100% safety, outside town.
Its unacceptable that players can farm monster at a Graveyard with GUARDS protecting them...

Come on... Remove guards from the wilderness.
Let them be only INSIDE towns

Let me explain to you like Henrik explained to someone else crying about this. Meduli doesnt have walls like Fabernum, Tindrim, MohKi, Bakti, Vadda, Morin Khur, or even Jungle Camp. So a person can easily sit outside of guard range and shoot into to town and kill horses or people while standing on top of their house. Something many towns you cant do. Even in Vadda and Bakti this is a challenge as there is a few places you can do this and they are easily avoided. Meduli you dont have that option. Between the sitting in the water and shooting into town without the guards aggroing on you to the eastern part of town where you can stand on a tier one small house roof and shoot any point in town without the guards even noticing.

THIS is why the guards were pushed out of town. If you want to complain about guards complain about the guards at Fabernum that roam all the way out to the bridges, and that town has walls.

Oh but Fabernum isnt a KotO town so it isnt fair. CMAFR.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Let me explain to you like Henrik explained to someone else crying about this. Meduli doesnt have walls like Fabernum, Tindrim, MohKi, Bakti, Vadda, Morin Khur, or even Jungle Camp. So a person can easily sit outside of guard range and shoot into to town and kill horses or people while standing on top of their house. Something many towns you cant do. Even in Vadda and Bakti this is a challenge as there is a few places you can do this and they are easily avoided. Meduli you dont have that option. Between the sitting in the water and shooting into town without the guards aggroing on you to the eastern part of town where you can stand on a tier one small house roof and shoot any point in town without the guards even noticing.

THIS is why the guards were pushed out of town. If you want to complain about guards complain about the guards at Fabernum that roam all the way out to the bridges, and that town has walls.

Stable your pet, or put into a building. Never had a issue of dying inside of meduli even when koto tried to kill me from outside gz.

GZ right at peoples houses is pretty BS and to everyone looks like koto favoritism even if it isnt.

Look at vadda which has hills people shoot from into town. much worse situation.

Henrik did another knee jerk reaction to koto brigading gm complaits because they were losing to smaller groupsaround meduili.

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022

another koto knob licker

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

manure

May 7, 2022

Hodo, you re right about Fabernum guards outside town...I complain about them as well. There should be no guards outside any cities!

But, come on... Do you really think that what they did in Meduli was a good solution ??
I mean, you can now farm at a graveyard 100% safe because if someone goes gray over there he will be insta killed by a lictor guard !
Now you can mine saburra in peace outside town with zero risk...
The guards are patrolling SO FAR AWAY from Meduli that you cant even go gray near those player houses... I remember getting guard whacked behind those houses, at the ROAD !! Super far away from town. Come on

Want better solutions ? How about these :

- Remove graveyard from that position and put it farther away from town. Why does it need to be so close ?
- Make a small wall around Meduli and leave the damn guards INSIDE of it
- Fill the town with signs stating that it is dangerous to leave horses away, so that people will use their BRAINS and properly hide them or simply stable them
- Make it so that if someone gets murdered inside of town, the killer gets 10 murder counts at once instead of only 1.

Anything but do not fill the wilderness with guards because this is NOT a carebear game. Players do not need baby sitter Devs.

Reactions: Xunila

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Stable your pet, or put into a building. Never had a issue of dying inside of meduli even when koto tried to kill me from outside gz.

GZ right at peoples houses is pretty BS and to everyone looks like koto favoritism even if it isnt.

Look at vadda which has hills people shoot from into town. much worse situation.

Henrik did another knee jerk reaction to koto brigading gm complaits because they were losing to smaller groupsaround meduili.

There is losing to a smaller group, then there is losing to a group that exploit broken mechanics to avoid losing a fight.

Hiding in a house that no one can do anything about.
Exploiting a door shut mechanic to close the door faster than intended.
Using the /stuck command to clip into houses to avoid opening doors.
Using a horse to dismount into a house.
Using the AI inability to attack you in the water and using bows to shoot from the water and kill players or mounts.
Shoving players into the water abusing the shield bash mechanic before that was nerfed.
Using horses to block banks till the /bank command was added.

Need I continue with the list of things that these "smaller" groups abused to "win"?

Yeah get that crap outta here.

Reactions: Xunila

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Hodo, you re right about Fabernum guards outside town...I complain about them as well. There should be no guards outside any cities!

But, come on... Do you really think that what they did in Meduli was a good solution ??
I mean, you can now farm at a graveyard 100% safe because if someone goes gray over there he will be insta killed by a lictor guard !
Now you can mine saburra in peace outside town with zero risk...
The guards are patrolling SO FAR AWAY from Meduli that you cant even go gray near those player houses... I remember getting guard whacked behind those houses, at the ROAD !! Super far away from town. Come on

Want better solutions ? How about these :

- Remove graveyard from that position and put it farther away from town. Why does it need to be so close ?
- Make a small wall around Meduli and leave the damn guards INSIDE of it
- Fill the town with signs stating that it is dangerous to leave horses away, so that people will use their BRAINS and properly hide them or simply stable them
- Make it so that if someone gets murdered inside of town, the killer gets 10 murder counts at once instead of only 1.

Anything but do not fill the wilderness with guards because this is NOT a carebear game. Players do not need baby sitter Devs.

To be honest there should be no grave yards near any town. I also dont believe that guards should be outside of town. But I also feel Meduli should have a wall around it like the other towns. And I feel that guards should be able to act to people attacking from the water within town limits.

IF you are in town you should be safe from griefing and idiots.

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
It really was a shame that the town pack asset they used for Meduli didn't have walls already.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Mostly dogshit! But!...!

Melting/salvaging is much needed. Repairing tho I think is BG. REMOVE. DON'T DO IT.

NO BIG BOSSES! DOWN WITH TRINKETS. BRING ON THE MOUNTS.

Necromancy, game ain't ready... lesigh.

I like uh... belbus.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I know he mention boats again on the stream so please put it on the list. And try to get a ETA to please.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Any plans to fix friend/foe target ID?
Any plans for public test server or alt/dive system?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Any plans to fix friend/foe target ID?
Any plans for public test server or alt/dive system?

the test server is a no brainer. Amazing that they haven't done it yet. lol, Test your duping ability! Nah, but that's like number 1 imo cuz they can really get some stuff on there and TEST IT. Imagine. But then people will have to go back and play the game how it runs on 'regs,' after testing it with (guessing) less lag etc.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Also,
Do you have in your plans (and if you do when?) hot swap of weapon?