Tree roots floating and blocking path

tntdogs

Mar 8, 2021
I don't think it is a suprise to anyone that there is an issue with the roots of several tree.

The model for the tree has roots which look really good when they are placed on the correct height, and also placed on a plane ground.
However, when things are placed on a slope or something with an incline it gets messy. Roots are sticking up in the air, looks bad and also block your pathing.
People are familiar with this problem

Problems:
  1. Looks unrealistic
  2. Affects player movement when out in the wild (Could be in a severe way)
Solutions (I don't develop games or know much about 3d modeling)
  1. Remove the roots from the tree model, does that detail on the tree really add more value in terms of playability than what it removes at the moment?
  2. Only have these trees be placed on areas without slopes, and have a tree model with no roots be placed on slope surfaces.
The trees look very high detailed but also it does not give a triple A feeling at all if 5-10% (depends on area) of them (or more in certain areas) block your path and are levitating in the air, I mentioned this in the help chat and everyone knew exactly what I was talking about.

Its honestly not a HUGE issue, but it should be addressed eventually since the ambitions are triple A

untitled.jpguntitled.jpg

Last edited:

tntdogs

Mar 8, 2021
Yeah I hope they fix all these floating object bugs. It looks so horrible.

Yeah its a buzzkill honestly, but at the same time. They have to be aware of it, and I know they can fix it eventually. Just priorities you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Yeah I hope they fix all these floating object bugs. It looks so horrible.
they arent bugs, its just placed assets they didnt check. Its literally a amateurs screw up that shouldnt even be there. There even resources floating in the sky in some spots.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
I don't think it is a suprise to anyone that there is an issue with the roots of several tree.

The model for the tree has roots which look really good when they are placed on the correct height, and also placed on a plane ground.
However, when things are placed on a slope or something with an incline it gets messy. Roots are sticking up in the air, looks bad and also block your pathing.
People are familiar with this problem

Problems:
  1. Looks unrealistic
  2. Affects player movement when out in the wild (Could be in a severe way)
Solutions (I don't develop games or know much about 3d modeling)
  1. Remove the roots from the tree model, does that detail on the tree really add more value in terms of playability than what it removes at the moment?
  2. Only have these trees be placed on areas without slopes, and have a tree model with no roots be placed on slope surfaces.
The trees look very high detailed but also it does not give a triple A feeling at all if 5-10% (depends on area) of them (or more in certain areas) block your path and are levitating in the air, I mentioned this in the help chat and everyone knew exactly what I was talking about.

Its honestly not a HUGE issue, but it should be addressed eventually since the ambitions are triple A

View attachment 2159View attachment 2158
Have you considered those may be intended? Granted, they could use some polishing but tree roots are often exposed following a landslide or a heavy rain for trees on slopes where the dirt is very soft.

• Haha
Reactions: Kameyo

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Have you considered those may be intended? Granted, they could use some polishing but tree roots are often exposed following a landslide or a heavy rain for trees on slopes where the dirt is very soft.
those are not intended. Its lack of polish i swear no matter what anyone says you say something like "yeah but im sure its intended" dude trees sticking out the gound, grass, resources and landscape floating is not intended.

D

Deleted member 44

The entire game has Z axis issues. Floating objects, meshed terrain, monsters that can attack you regardless of Z difference. It should be embarrassing given how easy it is to fix stuff like this.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
those are not intended. Its lack of polish i swear no matter what anyone says you say something like "yeah but im sure its intended" dude trees sticking out the gound, grass, resources and landscape floating is not intended.
1632425471776.png
You make a claim with 0 evidence or reasoning behind it. I make claims with substantial content backing it up.

• Haha
Reactions: tntdogs and Thiar

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
This has been mentioned on a stream previously. the request was to use the ingame bug report feature, as it pinpoints your location on the map so they can go straight to it to investigate/fix.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
View attachment 2205
You make a claim with 0 evidence or reasoning behind it. I make claims with substantial content backing it up.
this is a video game, its not real life. The pictures theyre showing arent a landslide like this. Its hills that have shitty placement of trees. You fanboys go to great lengths trying to make excuses.

You have no argument, mortal is not real life.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
this is a video game, its not real life. The pictures theyre showing arent a landslide like this. Its hills that have shitty placement of trees. You fanboys go to great lengths trying to make excuses.

You have no argument, mortal is not real life.
I counter you with visual proof and you counter me with denial? This makes for an incredibly unconstructive discussion.

Firstly, hills could originally be landslides that had weathered over time to have grass grown on them and soil hardened.

Secondly, if you claim Mortal does not follow the logic and sense of real life, then how about this: those tree roots sticking out are part of the fantasy aspect of the game, where high doses of concentrated red jambura juice causes the tree roots to upheave themselves.

tntdogs

Mar 8, 2021
I counter you with visual proof and you counter me with denial? This makes for an incredibly unconstructive discussion.

Firstly, hills could originally be landslides that had weathered over time to have grass grown on them and soil hardened.

Secondly, if you claim Mortal does not follow the logic and sense of real life, then how about this: those tree roots sticking out are part of the fantasy aspect of the game, where high doses of concentrated red jambura juice causes the tree roots to upheave themselves.

I honestly do not know if I am supposed to laugh or cry, this is in every biome in the game, its out of place

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021

henrik said to report the trees out of the ground. Good job trying so hard to make an excuse.