Town Guards

D

Deleted member 44

Look SV, you guys gotta change something with the guards in town. You either make the towns safe, or you don't. You guys are gonna have these new players joining the game in January getting dunked out as soon as they log in to town because you guys can't get your shit together. Let me frank, I DO NOT want absolute safety in town but you guys can't even make guards attack a criminal player correctly so just stop trying. Disable PvP in town until you guys can actually make your game work. I would rather have these noobs have immunity in their guard zones than to have no players to play the game with.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
i agree, as of right now people can grief you with no reprecussions. Let me kill them before they try some stupid shit

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I don't understand the purpose of this post aside from just venting your frustrations ineffectually (maybe that is the purpose).

Obviously they won't just remove guards from towns, and just shouting at them to FIX IT isn't very helpful either. If you see a specific issue, bug report it.

Especially since twice you have killed me right outside town with no provocation, then walked into town with no repercussions to bank your loot. You almost single handedly caused multiple of my friends to stop playing the game in the first stress test when they saw what little consequence there was to being a mass murderer. Somewhat ironic to then post requesting the guards system to be more effective so newbies feel safe.

D

Deleted member 44

I don't understand the purpose of this post aside from just venting your frustrations ineffectually (maybe that is the purpose).

Obviously they won't just remove guards from towns, and just shouting at them to FIX IT isn't very helpful either. If you see a specific issue, bug report it.

Especially since twice you have killed me right outside town with no provocation, then walked into town with no repercussions to bank your loot. You almost single handedly caused multiple of my friends to stop playing the game in the first stress test when they saw what little consequence there was to being a mass murderer. Somewhat ironic to then post requesting the guards system to be more effective so newbies feel safe.

Wait. You're mad at me for wanting to protect people in towns? Outside of town in a free for all and people are getting griefed in towns 24/7. Not addressing the issue only hurts those noobs that you want to protect and doesn't affect me at all.

Kill care bears, they get mad.
Suggest ways to protect care bears, they get mad. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

Reactions: Dracu

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Wait. You're mad at me for wanting to protect people in towns? Outside of town in a free for all and people are getting griefed in towns 24/7. Not addressing the issue only hurts those noobs that you want to protect and doesn't affect me at all.

Kill care bears, they get mad.
Suggest ways to protect care bears, they get mad. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

Didn't say I didn't want it fixed. Just that 1) passionate care of noobs is ironic coming from you 2) just shouting fix it or saying the entire guard system is trash because it's not working as expected. If you want to make the game better, report instances where issues occur. If they don't get fixed, bring up the specific issue more publicly to get support.

I'll vote +1 on your completely unfocused poll of "make the guards smarter?" if that's the point of this post.

D

Deleted member 44

I have submitted bug rports on every single patch about guards since first stress test. I have contacted discord about people abusing broken mechanics to grief players. SILENCE. They implemented invisible teleporting licotors which I thought was a little too much but now they don't even work. What else do you want the community to do?

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I only started playing about a year ago and I will say guard protection in cities has improved dramatically, both by increasing guard presence in common places and yes, lictors in the graveyard etc where PvP should be super heavily restricted. As you say people abuse it, and will continue to, all that can be done is to iteratively improve it. To say that the situation hasn't improved is disingenuous.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
With the upcoming ai improvements the next upcoming months. They will even get better hopefully, I mhope that they not only ment monster ai.

Just random philosophy:
And the funny part in Mortal is. Reputation is everything and your actions have always consequences if not now than maybe 5years later.
Because the one guy in the aliance will remember you and will maybe say youre a good guy or you are an asshole. And that will define a huge part of your own fate in this game.

Ah thats why I love mortal. The bill comes always later. But you will pay it anyway. xD

Reactions: Banespike

RAGNARRR

Sep 13, 2021
Look SV, you guys gotta change something with the guards in town. You either make the towns safe, or you don't. You guys are gonna have these new players joining the game in January getting dunked out as soon as they log in to town because you guys can't get your shit together. Let me frank, I DO NOT want absolute safety in town but you guys can't even make guards attack a criminal player correctly so just stop trying. Disable PvP in town until you guys can actually make your game work. I would rather have these noobs have immunity in their guard zones than to have no players to play the game with.

Interesting, I saw you killing newbies for nothing.

RAGNARRR

Sep 13, 2021

It is true! It even looks like a joke.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
It would be cool if players could pay gold to the magistrate for increased guards in the town. Say 50 gold a month gives you an extra 2 or 3 guards walking around.

If nobody pays the guards numbers return to normal levels.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It would be cool if players could pay gold to the magistrate for increased guards in the town. Say 50 gold a month gives you an extra 2 or 3 guards walking around.

If nobody pays the guards numbers return to normal levels.
I do like the idea of paying a tax or fee to get more guards in a town. I would start with a very low number at first. 50g is pretty cheap.

Other things I want to talk about is the annoying leash range of guards. The will follow you for half a mile. Its not a concern just a annoyance. The next thing is that those arrow guards in fab need to be ontop of the wall. That can be allow to shoot greys outside of the city but they right now just run for ever afte a person. The final thing is that lictors teleport outside of the walls of fab and get stuck out there. They should teleport back to their first teleport spot after being leashed or to their original spot after aggro has passed for some time.

D

Deleted member 44

Delusional farm bobs. Everyone on this game has an another account. Reputation doesn't mean anything. I could literally be in all of your guilds and you would have no idea. I'm trying to help you guys survive in town and youre so mad about some pixels that you don't want to improve your own survivability. Do you not know what game you're playing?

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
You either make the towns safe, or you don't.
That is a false dichotomy fallacy. Another option SV could pursue is to increase the spawn/teleport rate of lictors and make them more responsive. As of now, it takes a few seconds after going criminal in town before a lictor is sent to the crime scene. What should happen is the lictors, which should be the cream of the crop when it comes to law enforcement, should react MUCH faster than that (<0.5 seconds). In this way people can still get hurt in town but makes griefing exponentially harder and effectively impossible without a very coordinated group effort.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That is a false dichotomy fallacy. Another option SV could pursue is to increase the spawn/teleport rate of lictors and make them more responsive. As of now, it takes a few seconds after going criminal in town before a lictor is sent to the crime scene. What should happen is the lictors, which should be the cream of the crop when it comes to law enforcement, should react MUCH faster than that (<0.5 seconds). In this way people can still get hurt in town but makes griefing exponentially harder and effectively impossible without a very coordinated group effort.
Bro you got to stop calling every thing a fallacy. You are the only one making them around here. He is not wrong that you cant stop a person from killing another is town. Lictors can oneshot teleport all they want, wont stop you from getting killed by someone else. What are you going to do with 3 naked mages come out and strat channeling right in front of you. Or you see nakeds following you with hammers. Lictor aint going to do anything untill they attack. Even if they die as they press the botton you are dying.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Bro you got to stop calling every thing a fallacy. You are the only one making them around here. He is not wrong that you cant stop a person from killing another is town. Lictors can oneshot teleport all they want, wont stop you from getting killed by someone else. What are you going to do with 3 naked mages come out and strat channeling right in front of you. Or you see nakeds following you with hammers. Lictor aint going to do anything untill they attack. Even if they die as they press the botton you are dying.
First, I suggest you reread what i said. It would take a coordinated group effort significantly making griefing harder, but not impossible. Henrik wants the game to be such that no where is safe (granted, Haven has the only true safe zone city). This would be a fair compromise.

Second, no, I will not stop pointing out unconstructive comments just because no one else is. This by itself is a bandwagon fallacy. If any suggestion is to be taken seriously by either the community or by the developers, it needs to have a strong basis supported by real claims and evidence.

Reactions: Raknor and Moored

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
But more seriously, I'm much more in favor of harsher reputation punishments for transgressions in cities than more guards. If someone goes KOS to the guards the 2nd time they attempt to murder someone or kill someone's horse in x period, given the one character per account, you can be they'll be motivated to behave. The rep system is kinda ridiculous right now (again, looping back to OP). Do you think you could attempt to murder someone in front of the guards in a medieval city, then walk back in 10 minutes later and they'd be twiddling their thumbs?

Obviously need to make some accounting for accidents, but if you wanna play risky in towns, expect there to be risks.

Reactions: Raknor
Jan 23, 2021
I've never understood the mentality of folks who commit actions that drive players away. Then again, this is still a beta, so such actions will actually make the game better in the long run as SV adds content. My understanding is that reputation/murder count changes are being worked on, and control of towns (and guard actions) will be a thing again down the road, so its a little early to be freaking out about this.

Reactions: Darthus

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think making rep worse for in town killing might be a solution but it will cause the issue of killing PvP.
Right now 95% of your PvP is coming from fighting right out side of town. Guardzone is heavily involved and used by the weaker side.
Guardzone helps the weaker side stay around to fight and keeping the PvP going in this sutuation. Also gives a way to retreat for oneside which means they are more likely to take a risk in attacking.

My fear with heavier rep loss in towns is that people would be punished for PvPing with how the game currently is.

Jan 23, 2021
I think making rep worse for in town killing might be a solution but it will cause the issue of killing PvP.
Right now 95% of your PvP is coming from fighting right out side of town. Guardzone is heavily involved and used by the weaker side.
Guardzone helps the weaker side stay around to fight and keeping the PvP going in this sutuation. Also gives a way to retreat for oneside which means they are more likely to take a risk in attacking.

My fear with heavier rep loss in towns is that people would be punished for PvPing with how the game currently is.

95% of the PvP is happening right outside town because there is no keeps/houses in the real world. PvP happens where people congregate. There is quite a bit of ganking happening in various places on the map though, often with loot left on the corpse because players want the kill more than the loot.

Once reputation is active this will change, hopefully along with guild standings and the rest of the mechanics to make politics and standing worth something.