Thursar playstyle

HappyPig

Jan 24, 2022
Can I make a sort of jack of all trades with them? Not sure what class/build I want, but I do wanna play the thursar.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Not really, Thursars can't use magic efficiently. Humans are for Jack of all trade builds. Thursars are for melee builds

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
They can if you build them right.

I mean you could play a Thursar fat mage too it's just objectively worse. But if being a Thursar is more important than playing the best build go for it I guess. So yeah you can, but clearly what he meant to ask was if it is viable

Falcon

May 28, 2020
I mean you could play a Thursar fat mage too it's just objectively worse. But if being a Thursar is more important than playing the best build go for it I guess. So yeah you can, but clearly what he meant to ask was if it is viable
It is viable, if he wants to be a jack of all trades he'd likely just have magic as backup for heals anyway. Plus the whole point of the thread is that he WANTS to be a thursar, and only a thursar.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
It is viable, if he wants to be a jack of all trades he'd likely just have magic as backup for heals anyway. Plus the whole point of the thread is that he WANTS to be a thursar, and only a thursar.

You're kind of just lying to a new player tho. Thursars can not play viable hybrids or jack of all trades. No one plays Thursar hybrids. Pls stop

Reactions: Waalan

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
You can make a perfectly working hybrid with around 60-70 int. If all you are planning to do magic wise is to use heals, purify, corrupt and the occasional magic reflect. And possibly some mind blasts.

Thursar can definitely hit 60-70 int and some psy to push their mana to around 100.

Is it min max? Hell no. Can you have fun with it and win fights? I don't see why not.

Heck In mo1 I used my thur/kallard fighter as a mage/thief/dagger user hybrid for a long time out of sheer derpness and I was topping the leaderboard on grey kills at the time. Which is not as impressive as it sounds, since not a lot of kills were against greys, so the competition for numbers there was kinda low. But it still means I managed to beat people, just that I did it blue and not as a murderer. Mo2 is a different game however so that is important to put in mind.

Should you min max? Probably. Is it necessary and will it actually mean you win more at all skill levels? No.
I'd rather play a character I enjoy playing and play to its strengths than min/max and hate my character as well as have a vast array of mega weaknesses for the decision to excel at specific things.

Thur/kalls were almost unheard of when I was playing as one, it was the absolute apex of a min max towards damage bonus. And I reaally didn't play it like it and I had fun, and solo or with Aegis imperium. Winning.

MaybeAddicted

Feb 1, 2022
you guys are idiots, or at least the falcon dude.

yes you can play fatmage thursar but then it is a horrible melee. and not a hybrid anymore or like you weebs say "jack of all trades"

go sniff some pants i can sell you mine if you want.

im thursar have fun.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
thursars are pretty much high damage melee users with clade gifts based around fighting in melee.

if you want an adaptable race that will let you play just about anything, just play a sheevra, still has high attribute points and are way better than squishy, slow tindremic humans.