this change didnt happen... and it was announced on a patch

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
patch lie.... on 0.1.2.11 this got announced
  • Added +4 Attribute points to Veela and Sheevra.
at the time i stoped playing because my character wasnt updating and i didnt wanted to restart a character
but i made a new character recently and im still 4 atribute points short...

Reactions: rek2wilds

Tzone

May 16, 2021
patch lie.... on 0.1.2.11 this got announced
at the time i stoped playing because my character wasnt updating and i didnt wanted to restart a character
but i made a new character recently and im still 4 atribute points short...
That was a fix that occured the following patch where alvarians lost 4 attribute points then they gained +4 max strength.

So no its not a lie, they added 4 points which you already had before you rerolled.

Reactions: Xunila

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Alvarin were given +4 strength maximum the previous patch. Due to a bug in the way this was programmed, it took away 4 skill points TOTAL from Alv. This patch fixed that by adding those 4 missing points. The same exact thing happened to Blain.

Reactions: Xunila

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
Alvarin were given +4 strength maximum the previous patch. Due to a bug in the way this was programmed, it took away 4 skill points TOTAL from Alv. This patch fixed that by adding those 4 missing points. The same exact thing happened to Blain.
wait wtf would alvarins want 4 more str? i mean it made sense with +4 str 4+ attriibute points... but cap increaze makes 0 sense lol.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
wait wtf would alvarins want 4 more str? i mean it made sense with +4 str 4+ attriibute points... but cap increaze makes 0 sense lol.
Why wouldnt we want 93-94 max str vs 89-90 str? Have a lot of extra left over points that put into pyche or int.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
Why wouldnt we want 93-94 max str vs 89-90 str? Have a lot of extra left over points that put into pyche or int.
because i want to round the stats for the skill boost and prefer to round the others with the +4 points instead of adding +4 random str...

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I would much rather preferred the extra attribute points seeing as the INT changes really screwed veela hybrids. You're not going to feel anything noticeable from that +4 strength

Reactions: grilo

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
because i want to round the stats for the skill boost and prefer to round the others with the +4 points instead of adding +4 random str...

They didn't give you +4 stat points, they increased the strength MAXIMUM +4 points. I don't understand where the confusion here is. It made the bows Alvarin's could use much more powerful. If you're playing an Alvarin mage, yeah, it had no buff for you. But for any other Alvarin it was a great change. It made them equivalent to most humans for bow usage.

Reactions: Tzone

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
I would much rather preferred the extra attribute points seeing as the INT changes really screwed veela hybrids. You're not going to feel anything noticeable from that +4 strength

Everyone has a different playstyle. Veela is still one of the classes you can play Hybrid as. They aren't going to revert int changes, the old system made no sense.

Reactions: Moored

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
Everyone has a different playstyle. Veela is still one of the classes you can play Hybrid as. They aren't going to revert int changes, the old system made no sense.
i agree with you but still +4 attributes would make much more sense then +4 str specialy for the "hybrid" race.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yeah the patch note is misleading.

it’s basically +4 max str without effecting the stat pool was the intent.

Reactions: grilo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
In the patch before is where they made the max str change

"Race Caps Balance: Increased Veela Str +4, Increased Sheevra Str +4, Increased Blainn Str +4, Decreased Blainn Con -4, Increased Blainn attribute points +8"

It bugged and took away 4 attribute points from veela. So the next patch they added 4 back to veela to fix it.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
In the patch before is where they made the max str change

"Race Caps Balance: Increased Veela Str +4, Increased Sheevra Str +4, Increased Blainn Str +4, Decreased Blainn Con -4, Increased Blainn attribute points +8"

It bugged and took away 4 attribute points from veela. So the next patch they added 4 back to veela to fix it.
well that was my original position and if thats what you claim then il say again... that patch note is fake, i had the same ammount of stats before the +4 str patch, nothing changed for my character except the cap, so recently i remade the toon, and its still the same, for a moment i doubted my claim but now that i see what you guys mean... im pretty sure i am right, they added the +4 str but they did not added the +4 attribute pool and they where announced on diferent patchs

• Race Caps Balance: Increased Veela Str +4, Increased Sheevra Str +4, Increased Blainn Str +4, Decreased Blainn Con -4, Increased Blainn attribute points +8

now that you made me digo so much im sure that this change was not implemented, because nothing changed on my build i should have +4 str cap from first patch, and +4 free attribute points from 2nd patch. only the +4 str patch got in.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
and my last proof is the character creation... i kept using it ever sense the start, (web based one) and i honestly thougt it wasnt updated... but the str got updated only the stats didnt... and thats seemingly a good thing because the update in the game didnt happen.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
and for last argument i dont believe the bug or if the bug happened it didnt hapened to me, that sounds like a fan boy defending their fav devs lol... and if the +4 attribute was to compensate for a previous bug... then thats what it should be stated... if it was a bug ofc, but fine il grant you the cortesy of accepting it that way... it was still poorly handled.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
and for last argument i dont believe the bug or if the bug happened it didnt hapened to me, that sounds like a fan boy defending their fav devs lol... and if the +4 attribute was to compensate for a previous bug... then thats what it should be stated... if it was a bug ofc, but fine il grant you the cortesy of accepting it that way... it was still poorly handled.
It happened to every alvarian at the time. It happen to me. We lost 4 attribute points and got it back in the patch. You sound like you just rerolled and werent even on at the time of the patch. We arent fan boying over SV because you rerolled for no reason.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
It happened to every alvarian at the time. It happen to me. We lost 4 attribute points and got it back in the patch. You sound like you just rerolled and werent even on at the time of the patch. We arent fan boying over SV because you rerolled for no reason.
well thats also a possibility... meh whateva wish it was +4 attributes but hey not the dev here.