Thievery missing from the skill window

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I was wondering if that is by design or just an oversight? Thievery to me is a vital part of the MO experience and something that sets it apart from other "griefer" games, as well as "themeparks". I get that the design needs some tweaking, but keeping it out of the game for any lengh of time will be bad.

I think thievery should be in the game when it launches. Opinions?

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
I don't think mining and woodcutting is in the skill tree either but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be in game at launch.

So you criminal scum can probably calm down.

Or maybe those won´t be skilbound anymore and you can do them without any skill investment?

But you might be right. I´m just worried that thievery gonna get the axe "to attract new players". Which is gonna backfire IMO.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I spoke with @Sebastian Persson recently and he said that a lot of the skills planned for the full release aren't in the game yet. Thievery skill tree would be among them. Just like a large portion of the game world isn't in the game yet, along with other races, mobs, towns, etc.

I don't think they will leave thievery out of the game, it just wouldn't be MO2 without it. It would be like Windows OS without windows. Or a laptop without a built-in screen. You get the idea.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
I spoke with @Sebastian Persson recently and he said that a lot of the skills planned for the full release aren't in the game yet. Thievery skill tree would be among them. Just like a large portion of the game world isn't in the game yet, along with other races, mobs, towns, etc.

I don't think they will leave thievery out of the game, it just wouldn't be MO2 without it. It would be like Windows OS without windows. Or a laptop without a built-in screen. You get the idea.
more like windows without the blue screen. Thievery is such an iconic part of MO; we all remember seeing "has stole something!" while talking to some noob in Tindrem

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Current skill tree is definitely a placeholder. Just look into the material lores and the zoology lores. There are hundreds of skills missing compared to MO1.

Btw the skill window has many bugs with unordered skills when expanding a parent skill.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kanye West

Jul 6, 2020
i kinda hope thievery is removed. It was pretty lame and just used to grief new players, and the only counter to it was something obscure that new players wouldn't understand.

I want new people to play this game. Not get griefed out.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
i kinda hope thievery is removed. It was pretty lame and just used to grief new players, and the only counter to it was something obscure that new players wouldn't understand.

Naaa, we need many professions as possible.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Went over some stuff today. Dont go to crazy looking at everything, although, no skills for butchery, woodcutting. Mining, thievery. Although everything else for them is there. Thievery is missing snooping and pilfering though lock picking is there. All the woods and rocks and butcher yields. Anyone think they may have removed the basic skills from those skill trees to save some skill points overall?

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy

that won't happen since it's gonna be one character per account, unless people are willing to pay for an extra account just to grief newbs...

and what's the obscure thing you say?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
that won't happen since it's gonna be one character per account, unless people are willing to pay for an extra account just to grief newbs...

and what's the obscure thing you say?
I think with obscure he meant, not obviously apparent. As pushing and calling guards was not something immediately apparent to new players to counter thieves. And int being the only way to passively protect yourself was a bit harsh especially on new players. Even a new character that is working on becoming a mage wont have many points in it, and they severely lack the speed to do anything about being molested.

Hopefully thievery shows up in a way where its had some fresh eyes look on it, not just a copy paste from mo1.
Maybe someone could make a suggestions thread with some suggestions on the topic?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
I think with obscure he meant, not obviously apparent. As pushing and calling guards was not something immediately apparent to new players to counter thieves. And int being the only way to passively protect yourself was a bit harsh especially on new players. Even a new character that is working on becoming a mage wont have many points in it, and they severely lack the speed to do anything about being molested.

Hopefully thievery shows up in a way where its had some fresh eyes look on it, not just a copy paste from mo1.
Maybe someone could make a suggestions thread with some suggestions on the topic?

oh i see! well i agree :)

i do hope that thievery won't be a copypaste!

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
I would really like to see some craftables that require thievery skill like UO pickpocket dummy for your house, disguise kits and something I have always wanted since we dont have stealth would be the ability to craft some expensive shoes that just have quieter footsteps as in the actual material sound they play in game when you walk like the opposite of armour clinking or expensive gloves that reduce chance to be spotted snooping or even just reduce the volume of the sound it makes when you pull that handful of silver out of their backpack. That way you might have more incentive to not just dander around town with your wang out and rock hard nipples from the cool night breeze pretending to be afk when someone spots you lurking in a corner like a sex pest wearing one glove and sleeve you scaffed off a dead walker to try and blend in.

Disguise kit like a hat, hood, mask or helmet that randomized your name or something or an incognito spell. Even a potion of illusion or something. Give us a proper profession that isnt too OP but adds some creativity and risk value to the process.

Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Reactions: Kuroi

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Started thinking about this some more and may have found a route of which SV is taking.

So for the action based skills like woodcutting, mining, thieving, and fishing, ( i probably forgot something ) could be turned into just actions. No more needing to level up things like those anymore. Once you learn how to do any of those actions, we would unlock actions like MO1 but they aren't needed to be skilled anymore. I agree that its odd not to see them in the skill list. Though it makes sense, you can teach a man to fish and he will be full for years, give him a fish and he'll eat for a night. I think they are trying to teach us and let us learn everything else as we go through things.

If they go the route of learning it being enough to use it ( "it" referring to skills mentioned above ) would follow more suite to how crafting works. We all can craft something once get learn anything about it, i feel this is what they are doing with these skills to save points. I always thought it was weird having woodcutting as a skill to level because of the fact we are taught by a tutor on how to do it. Which i think is just like reading a book but they didn't skill you up at all. Instead of skilling up in those areas, i feel they are leaving them out for a different way to go about gathering and thievery.

-Phen

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Taming and domination would fall under this. Both missing fromt he skilltree as well.

I wouldnd mind terribly. Especially fishing was quite annoying since it would screw with your build and was very niche.

Although I believe thievery might be different, since they are currently rethinking the design. I just hope it doesn´t fall off the wagon because it is essential IMO.