There is no simple fix to race balance in game. But my hope for humans is this.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
First I play as human in MO, I have since the earliest days of MO1. This does not mean I do not have many many hours as other races. But humans have always been kind of the dollar store (pound town for the UK people) version of other races. The current system is basically saying that Kallards will never be smart, Sidoians will never be fast, Sarducaans will never be strong. Why not make all humans flat 100 accross the board with minor tweaks to their attributes between the races. Like Kallardians can be taller than average Tindrimic people. Let us adjust our attribute maximums with clade gifts. If I want to be a strong Sarducaan, let me spec that way in the clades.

Dont kneecap me because I want to play a Sarducaan and now I cant suddenly use a longbow because I am weaker than any human in history. Or if I am a Kallard I cant be a mage because my INT is lower than a Thursar/Tind. Or if I am a Khurite I cant do anything because I dont have the attribute points to be anything other than a discount Veela.

Reactions: Xronim

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
I remember me and another user talking to sv about race stuff, and they said that race stats themselves were gonna be reworked to allow more racial variety, doing away with the old caps (guess what, old caps return, but buffed dex of all races under 90 to 92 or 96 lool). Something close along the lines of "sarducaan would be close to kallard in str" but its 98 str vs 114 str at stout for those 2.

There needs to be an entire overhaul to stats, items and races pretty much for this game badly, ive been saying this since 2011 mo1 and its not going anywhere period. NGL cladegifts are extremely unbalanced as well and it shows especially putting humans next to the others.

Reactions: Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I remember me and another user talking to sv about race stuff, and they said that race stats themselves were gonna be reworked to allow more racial variety, doing away with the old caps (guess what, old caps return, but buffed dex of all races under 90 to 92 or 96 lool). Something close along the lines of "sarducaan would be close to kallard in str" but its 98 str vs 114 str at stout for those 2.

There needs to be an entire overhaul to stats, items and races pretty much for this game badly, ive been saying this since 2011 mo1 and its not going anywhere period. NGL cladegifts are extremely unbalanced as well and it shows especially putting humans next to the others.

Back before MO2 went into alpha I can remember asking Henrik during one of his earliest Q&As on Discord, will the races be more balanced this time or will it be THursar meta again? He said no every race will have a use. Well I dont see many Sarducaans, Khurite or really humans outside of Sido fat mages and Kallard knock off melee tanks. Hell even the Tindrimic Hybrid build is outshined by the Veela Hybrid.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
i played a mixed sarducaan mostly in beta and liked it over full tind purely because i felt like it could take an entire hit more and still had 100 int as a hybrid, but my 90 int sheevra paladin is speedy and combat leap is a thing, ive seen veela hybrids in videos and actually facepalm seeing under 70 int, makes their heals so weak lmao

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Back before MO2 went into alpha I can remember asking Henrik during one of his earliest Q&As on Discord, will the races be more balanced this time or will it be THursar meta again? He said no every race will have a use. Well I dont see many Sarducaans, Khurite or really humans outside of Sido fat mages and Kallard knock off melee tanks. Hell even the Tindrimic Hybrid build is outshined by the Veela Hybrid.
Henrik tends to lie a lot to placate the current question.

Reactions: Hodo