The Wild Goose Chases and the Carrots on the sticks are getting pretty old very quickly.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
After seven hours trying to unlock the Elementalism magic school the only thing I found is a few poorly implemented npcs with next to no lore and a lot of disappointment.

1677720543018.png

3 options with 10 paragraphs in total is all I got from them, such is the quality of the content that they always give you two options for you to stop talking to them.

The resource scarcity this time around is unbelievable, not only in order to unlock the magic school but also in order to get reagents to cast the spells down the line, as it did happen with necromancy the current resource abiability on the WHOLE SERVER cannot keep pace with a few dozen people, much less the ten thousand players currently playing the game on a daily basis.

Bear in mind that this is not an ultra secret esoteric magic school such as dragon magic, but one of the most accessible ones, in fact one of the main pillars of the Tindremic empire civilization. Not only the NPC doesn't explain how to interact at all with any of the systems to acquire the magic school they don't even tell you where to find the resources they are desperately in need for such as salt with piss on it...
1677721479371.png

Every single item these vendors want should have a lore page at the very least with their basic lore on them, pointing you to to the right places on where to find these pickables and how to combine or process them if need be. These people have libraries full of books, have been researching this stuff for hundreds of years and they cannot event tell me where should I go to get the rocks they are looking for.

So instead of finding a master and gaining their favor through tasks and achievements, instead of plundering knowledge from dungeons full of dangerous magical enemies, i get to pick a bunch of shit from the ground few and far in between, roaming aimlessly through the map hoping that the place Im going towards has something in the ground nobody has pick in the last half hour, because since they are pickables if someone has been there before me there is not a single indicator or feedback you can pick stuff from there.

Every single patch feels more rushed than the last, the resource scarcity its gonna gatekeep the content for weeks if not months, people will need to farm for days what should have been hours instead for then to get gatekeep an extra time by pickable reagents, because unless you set your gameplay sessions around locations next to them and contest them against the rest of the server, you are gonna take hours of your life so you can get enough reagents so you can cast a few fireballs at a bandit camp and get a tenth of the cost value back once you loot the npcs.

I also disagree with the price increase of reagents we had on this patch, with the new prices you are leaving home with 8-10g worth or reagents just by picking the minimal amount required for a small session, for that amount of gold is much more cost effective in every single way to leave with a steel weapon instead, you will have a much more pleasant gameplay on every single way. so unless you are running on a group as the support and need be on healing duty I don't recommend to anyone to farm with ecumenical spells anymore.

Stop disrespecting our playtime, I am lucky enough to have had the time to play for thousands of hours in the last year so I have a nice hoard already and i will be able to brute force everything within a couple of days, but if the content that gets implemented its always like this the game will never grow, and honestly i really want more than 8-10k subs and 2k concurrent players, the game has a dangerously low population already.

I also hope that once you finish elementalism you polish all the other magic schools before even thinking of implementing a new one.

TLDR: waste 5-7 hours randomly walking through the map until you find a pickable spawn and then camp it so other players cannot see the stuff there, then waste days getting and leveling all the stuff, then realize its a sinking money pit and pick a footie again. Unless you are like me and have been farming for a year and have nothing else to sink your money into.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Sounds like the usual with SV designed features.

The disrespect for players' time is a common thread with the too large map for the population, related travel times, pet training and so on.

Vanth

Mar 2, 2023
The man's right. It definitely feels as though this new school in particular favours only the extremely hardcore/veterans.
Many of the game mechanics have no respect for our time, but this feels like a step too far.

Reactions: Calcal and Gnidex

BungalooBird

May 21, 2022
Its not hard to respect your player base. But it seems SV struggles in that aspect. Even more so this patch, but remember guys. Elementalist is easy for everyone to get into!

• Haha
Reactions: Calcal and Gnidex

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Did you see the stream where Henrik said elementalism won't be gated for solo players?

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Yeah, with SV it's best not to have any expectations of quality or thought out systems. It's like they are just throwing darts at a feature list randomly.

Wtf was with the reagent price increase anyhow? Magery is already way more expensive than just rolling a footie.

Meh, it is as if they want us all to play just alvarins.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm cool with 'living' in an MMO. Well, til sub, haha, but as long as things are happening, can easily involve myself in what is happening and make money off broker, too, prol. But in terms of speccing schools, it wouldn't be that hard IMO to grind it all out, but why? I'm just opposed.

Dudes stay in Haven... finally peel their ass out of haven, are ready to oil up and get fucked the first time they step outside of town, shivering, and you're like yeah check out this content you MIGHT be able to access some day.

Still glad the one piece of a stream I saw was Henrik throwing a ball of light at a zombie and hitting a gate pole cuz he pulled it like a golfswing haha. I can't hate cuz I know exactly what it's like, but it was funny. And then the spell dropped a 10+ hit combo AoE or something.

IN SHORT, the stuff in MO is supposed to be 'relatively easy.' It's relatively easy to mine teph... if nobody kills you, yknow? That's the economy. The strife is not grind, it's dealing with other people/factions. There needs to be SOME level of grind, but SV seems to have chosen to soften the game and add more grind. SOUL BOUND GRIND at that!!! (multiple underlines.)

I know I get a great feeling when I make a good run, or when someone tries to stop me, and I am like no, no, bud. Prol a similar feeling to how you 20 men zergs feel in dungeons when getting good drops :p Nah, but... you see what I mean thooo?

I am one of the most solo-est players, even if I am a casual now haha. And even if I have a guild + play with other people sometimes. I can do just about anything in the game except get at the hard locked content, and it sucks, cuz like I said, otherwise... I can find a way. It's like the node line in Jungle. I hate it cuz nobody is getting me anywhere in jungle (well, rarely.) It's such a great place to dip out, but you get pushed into this ONE SPOT where there could be 5 people sitting. It's kinda metaphorical for how I feel about a lot of MO stuff. At that point, if you don't have the people to push thru, you gotta just hold your nuts and hope. That's not good game play.

And carrot on stick game rewards are what dying games give out. SHIT, I mean, there are way more cool things. Even cooler titles. Like I said, there are things they could be adding every time they take the server down, just making stuff better and better, shoring up the little things while they add all this bling content.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
to be fair they reacted pretty quickly to feedback and the hotfix did solve a few of the most concerning problems. so there is hope that a least they will polish the rushed content down the line...

Reactions: Calcal

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I've been vocal against the implementation of magic schools for over 5 years. Glad that feedback is useless.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
I've been vocal against the implementation of magic schools for over 5 years. Glad that feedback is useless.
that's... quite out of proportion my dude, Medieval Fantasy and you want to slash the fantasy out of it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
After seven hours trying to unlock the Elementalism magic school the only thing I found is a few poorly implemented npcs with next to no lore and a lot of disappointment.

View attachment 5553

3 options with 10 paragraphs in total is all I got from them, such is the quality of the content that they always give you two options for you to stop talking to them.

The resource scarcity this time around is unbelievable, not only in order to unlock the magic school but also in order to get reagents to cast the spells down the line, as it did happen with necromancy the current resource abiability on the WHOLE SERVER cannot keep pace with a few dozen people, much less the ten thousand players currently playing the game on a daily basis.

Bear in mind that this is not an ultra secret esoteric magic school such as dragon magic, but one of the most accessible ones, in fact one of the main pillars of the Tindremic empire civilization. Not only the NPC doesn't explain how to interact at all with any of the systems to acquire the magic school they don't even tell you where to find the resources they are desperately in need for such as salt with piss on it...
View attachment 5554

Every single item these vendors want should have a lore page at the very least with their basic lore on them, pointing you to to the right places on where to find these pickables and how to combine or process them if need be. These people have libraries full of books, have been researching this stuff for hundreds of years and they cannot event tell me where should I go to get the rocks they are looking for.

So instead of finding a master and gaining their favor through tasks and achievements, instead of plundering knowledge from dungeons full of dangerous magical enemies, i get to pick a bunch of shit from the ground few and far in between, roaming aimlessly through the map hoping that the place Im going towards has something in the ground nobody has pick in the last half hour, because since they are pickables if someone has been there before me there is not a single indicator or feedback you can pick stuff from there.

Every single patch feels more rushed than the last, the resource scarcity its gonna gatekeep the content for weeks if not months, people will need to farm for days what should have been hours instead for then to get gatekeep an extra time by pickable reagents, because unless you set your gameplay sessions around locations next to them and contest them against the rest of the server, you are gonna take hours of your life so you can get enough reagents so you can cast a few fireballs at a bandit camp and get a tenth of the cost value back once you loot the npcs.

I also disagree with the price increase of reagents we had on this patch, with the new prices you are leaving home with 8-10g worth or reagents just by picking the minimal amount required for a small session, for that amount of gold is much more cost effective in every single way to leave with a steel weapon instead, you will have a much more pleasant gameplay on every single way. so unless you are running on a group as the support and need be on healing duty I don't recommend to anyone to farm with ecumenical spells anymore.

Stop disrespecting our playtime, I am lucky enough to have had the time to play for thousands of hours in the last year so I have a nice hoard already and i will be able to brute force everything within a couple of days, but if the content that gets implemented its always like this the game will never grow, and honestly i really want more than 8-10k subs and 2k concurrent players, the game has a dangerously low population already.

I also hope that once you finish elementalism you polish all the other magic schools before even thinking of implementing a new one.

TLDR: waste 5-7 hours randomly walking through the map until you find a pickable spawn and then camp it so other players cannot see the stuff there, then waste days getting and leveling all the stuff, then realize its a sinking money pit and pick a footie again. Unless you are like me and have been farming for a year and have nothing else to sink your money into.

And this is why I didnt bother to do elementalism. After the shit show that was Spiritism... THEN Necromancy... THEN Beast mastery I decide nope.. not again.

I doubt anything Melee related will be locked behind some stupid RNG mechanic though. Go figure.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Bless ya. The real problem is we're all in different places. It helps to have people in the same place, screaming the same thing, and that's prol why they abandoned forums haha.

There's nothing wrong with magic schools, per se, but if that's your chief content... bad sandbox. I feel like you should be able to "be" something by now, you know, how in MO1 you could BE something haha. It doesn't feel like that in MO2, tho. They should have focused on the world... blee.

Reactions: Teknique

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I doubt anything Melee related will be locked behind some stupid RNG mechanic though. Go figure.

yeah, I mean... my core problem is not necessarily the new content, tho I am def somewhat curmudgeon-y. It's the fact that they AREN'T addressing things like melee while they just paint over the game. Still no horse stats, no inspect... but they are like ahh make horses more similar. Nooo. The last thing this game needs is for anything to be more similar haha.

The fact they couldn't separate out IDEAL COMBAT MOUNT, TRANSPORT MOUNT (carry wt wise,) TRANSPORT MOUNT (top speed wise,) TRANSPORT MOUNT (overall travel time wise) is pretty sad! That's all they need. Maybe jungu infinite stam-ish, desi fastest, steppe high level combat with speed, jotun high level tank with carry wt, and mongrel which is just like A DONKEY.

Kinda irrelevant, but I mean I'm cool w/ the geese if they continue to develop the game in a way that affects everyone.