The surprise effect

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
As we know, the surprise effect keeps most people interested and curious. That gives people more reasons to do certain actions like mining, hunting, fishing, exploring, crafting...
Here is some ideas how to do it, some were already in MO1, some are announced to be in MO2 and some are just suggestions:

- Rings and amulets with random stats(was implemented in MO1)
Since Jewelcrafting and Enchanting are announced to be implemented in MO2 there can be also some randomnes while crafting trinkets or echanting some gems. Trinkets also have stats like "3% more loot" or "2% rare loot".

- Random meteor spawn with different minerals (was implemented in MO1)
Simple random meteor fall from the sky, you find it and do the mining.

- mining rocks giving random rare gems (partially implemented)
Its already in game, though its bugged and pointless atm.

- chests in the world, static and random spawned. (was implemented in MO1)
While traveling you can find chests in the wilderness both locked and open. For locked one you need to have locpick and lockpicking skill under thievery.

- while fishing you can reel in random amulets, rings, helmet, gold chunk, diamond, twig, bottle with a treasure map, useless rusty sword...
New idea to make fishing more interesting.

- random pearls in clams, amulets, while underwater fishing
New idea to make fishing more interesting.

- in wilderness there can be random dead animals with ring or some valuable stones or gems in it. Or just smelly worms.
New idea to encourage traveling, exploring, resulting in more PvP encounters.

- lost playing card or dice under the rock, tree trunk, in a corner of a town...
New idea to encourage traveling, exploring, resulting in more PvP encounters.
"in a corner of a town" - so the players that staying in town a lot, can hope for some findings.

- treasure hunting (announced in game feature by Henrik)
If I get this right, as Henrik explained: we can find treasure maps, with different dificulty level and search for that burried chest. Depends on difficulty it may require a group to get that treasure.

This is more PvE oriented, though those who roam the map for PvP can benefit also.

Reactions: Woody