Testing Mounted Combat with Spears & Maces

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Lost every fight in the video. :D
However, the first one I could have won if that no-stamina-regeneration bug hadn't occured.

Right now spears seem to be the MC weapon of choise. But before complaining to early let's wait for the dismount mechanics to be implemented.

• Angry
Reactions: Dracu

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Swings from mount back take way too long, even with a light weapon.
True. I guess if you actually needed to release the spear it would be also harder to hit with a spear. But instead you can run into the enemy and it hits automatically...
Wouldn't that make also sense for slashing/bashing weapons? If I lower my axe/maul and ride with full speed into a not moving target, do I really need to swing the 3.5kg weapon to do damage?
Also the animation is kind of lame. You basically need to ride "on top" of the enemy to be in range of a slash. Wouldn't it be possible to get some kind of lean to the side animation to get further range? Especially with 1h weapons? Since they currently got both the same animation...

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
did they remove the flying away when hit by a mounted mace ? or is it something else ( mo1 memory :d )

D

Deleted member 44

MC is more viable in a group. 1v1 if the foot fighter has a brain they will just parry forever.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I have heard that it is, but not sure.
It is. There’s no knockdown animation though you just kinda start walking and can remount again right away. It might also only be from hits on the player as well

Rhias

May 28, 2020
It is. There’s no knockdown animation though you just kinda start walking and can remount again right away. It might also only be from hits on the player as well

What tiggers that dismount? Only earthquake?
In another fight I hit on a unarmored horse for ~100 damage with my maul (so 100% blunt damage) and it did not trigger a dismount.

D

Dracu

mounted....mauls.... i was actually considering playing again.... but... mounted....mauls-... ez mode lancing... why the fuck even care for a skillfull combat system when we have....this

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
What tiggers that dismount? Only earthquake?
In another fight I hit on a unarmored horse for ~100 damage with my maul (so 100% blunt damage) and it did not trigger a dismount.
hit the player model not the horse. Test it on a naked with a blunt weapon.