Votes: 2 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
So you aren't against a safezone for a tutorial? You believe ninja-sieges shouldn't be possible (or at least prohibitively more difficult to the point of near impossibility), and you believe if you reach the front gate of your keep with a small group trailing you that should mean you've safely reached a good fallback point?

Because that isn't what I have seen you arguing. It's hardly going out on a limb to ascribe to someone their own positions. If you feel my wording mischaracterizes your position feel free to clarify because I don't feel my wording was at all mischaracterizing of the things I've seen you advocate for. I didn't say you're just going to be camping newbs at spawn points even thought it is what I assume about you given the positions you and Eldrath keep taking.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
So you aren't against a safezone for a tutorial? You believe ninja-sieges shouldn't be possible, and you believe if you reach the front gate of your keep with a small group trailing you that should mean you've safely reached a good fallback point?

Typically, I start with asking people their view, then maybe argue. It seems you do the opposite.

I don’t think there should be a tutorial.
I think keep sieges should last about a day (24 hrs) with zero defense.
I think walls and gates should be impassable without a key, or maybe some sandbox fun like a siege ladder, ram damage at 50%, If it’s balanced properly. Which is why I’m reading this thread.

“Falling back”, as you say, is a very specific tactic I have no feelings about whatsoever.
No Zealot has ever “camped a newb spawn”, priest, or anything other than Sacred spaces, actually.

i think you have a strong view of ”correct“ gameplay and its not really grounded in experience. Everyone here isn’t trying to trick you or ruin your fun by taking away your toys. Everyone just sees everything differently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vagrant

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Alright. "No tutorial" means precious little different than not throwing new players into PvP with zero understanding of game mechanics unless you believe there should be a safe area other than Haven people can learn the game? It's prettymuch the same thing but even worse.

If you have no issues with falling back then why are you here arguing with me? I've stated multiple times, that instaclose gates as a mechanic are something I'm fine with getting rid of so long as they replaced with some other mechanic that makes keeps a viable fallback point for the controlling group. I'm arguing against people who feel making it so you can't press someone to the gates of their keep and beyond with five or less players is somehow an anti-PvP tactic. If you don't have an issue with keeps as fallbacks there is no reason for you to be arguing with me in the first place.

Actually I was wrong. It was Eldrath that liked the post about how offline sieges are a feature and not a bug. I tend to conflate you two since you seem to agree on literally everything but I guess I was wrong in this instance.

• Haha
Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Raziel

Jan 30, 2021
Switzerland
I wouldn’t like cool-downs or timers as they would be weird, why can’t you open your gate when you want. I remember coming in and out multiples times for gathering purpose and having many members do the same at peak hours. Having to wait at the door for the timer to run off is just boring.

But making the animation slow for the opening and closing or something similar could work.

Last edited: