Suggestion To Buff Mages. (Yes i know)

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Luckly Henrik knows mages are OP. Only down side is that you need a pet to farm solo right now. Being a encumanilcal mage you have the lowest regear cost so its not like you need to farm.

Groups need mages so they will farm for you anyways.

With the upcoming magic schools mage is began to get filled out in all aspects.

Fully expecting mages to get even more OP after Necro comes out.
What if certain players don't want to be in a group, what if you want to be a solo player. That's the question with mages and a reason to believe they aren't op at all. When you play a mage and someone gets in your face you get dicked down hard. It's not a question of skill or can i possible beat this man with my magic. But rather you know you are going to lose with zero chance of counter play. Ultimately the only chance we have is to rely on our pets in order to fight back. Unless there is a change to Concentration then magic will remain a class where you get dumpstered by other classes. What people don't realize about Necromancy is that it isn't a Ohhh My god So OP guys.. Magic school lol. You still get bodied if a melee gets in your face, but we can blind you with necromancy school to give US a fighting chance. People aren't used to a mage that can fight back so they scream Op and please Nerf Death Hand too strong and stuff like that. People never fully understood that a Deathknight was on equal footing as a Minotaur or Elder Shore Prowler during testing and 1v1s. But strangely a dozen or so threads would pop up over the years claiming DK was Op Af. Very few people would claim mino or Elder shore was Op. That is because Necromancy is a Shiny new school for mages to get an you will see More Death Knights then players with Minotaurs or Shore Prowlers because you have to go find a Mino and Shore Spawn to obtain those pets so less players had the knowledge and skill to get those pets in Mo1. And Mo2 is already becoming the same thing players complaining over White Bears and saying Minotaurs and Death Knights are going to ruin the game. These same players probably never realized Dk was even with Minotaur xD And white bear is same stats as Prowler just less Defenses. There was a Specialized Spear Fighter build for Veelas in Mo1 designed to outspeed any mage and kill them with a spear because players understood even a Dex mage has to stand to cast making any fast melee build able to wreck your face. Because even if both players had 131 Dex the Melee Vella will win Dex mage will never get 2 cast off. Dex mage only chance is it's pet. And that is where MA defeat mages for mage reasons warriors defeat mages your arrows outdamage spells.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Only down side is that you need a pet to farm solo right now. Being a encumanilcal mage you have the lowest regear cost so its not like you need to farm.
Sure. Except no, you can not farm solo right now as a mage. MAYBE a fatmage on horse and that will be 10 times slower than a mounted archer or even a foot soldier. You can kill stuff with a pet but what's the point when you cannot carry the fruits of your labor?
There is more to the game than just having gear to fight another fight. So yeah, a mage should be able to solo farm if he wants to.

Groups need mages so they will farm for you anyways.
What about the mages that dont have groups or just dont want to rely on them ?

• Love
Reactions: PoisonArrows

Sneeze

Mar 24, 2021
if mounted mages are going to lose the timer on damage fatmages need a major major nerf. mobility + quickly casting 70 damage spells would not be a balanced thing.

Reactions: Rorry

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Sure. Except no, you can not farm solo right now as a mage. MAYBE a fatmage on horse and that will be 10 times slower than a mounted archer or even a foot soldier. You can kill stuff with a pet but what's the point when you cannot carry the fruits of your labor?
There is more to the game than just having gear to fight another fight. So yeah, a mage should be able to solo farm if he wants to.

What about the mages that dont have groups or just dont want to rely on them ?
Well they have said later down the road we will be able to mount Bears. Not sure if having a bear means it can have it's own bags though but it would only make since because all mounts up to date have been able to carry bags.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
if mounted mages are going to lose the timer on damage fatmages need a major major nerf. mobility + quickly casting 70 damage spells would not be a balanced thing.
Mounted Archer 80 damage to your horse without having to wait as long as a mage to attack, while being able to wear heavy armor, while at the same time not having access to tapi wood and other woods that make the best bows. 80 damage is from the bows in game right now. I have seen up to 97 damage from Longbows on foot as well. I may as well Add Mounted Combat warriors can pretty much 1 shot players. So this mounted fat mage op stuff or mage op at all stuff shouldn't even be a argument lol.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Mounted fat mage can 3 shot a warrior, can't be parried, and doesn't care what armor you are wearing. MA and MC don't come close to that.

Reactions: Speznat and Sneeze

Sneeze

Mar 24, 2021
Mounted Archer 80 damage to your horse without having to wait as long as a mage to attack, while being able to wear heavy armor, while at the same time not having access to tapi wood and other woods that make the best bows. 80 damage is from the bows in game right now. I have seen up to 97 damage from Longbows on foot as well. I may as well Add Mounted Combat warriors can pretty much 1 shot players. So this mounted fat mage op stuff or mage op at all stuff shouldn't even be a argument lol.
Firstly tapii is not ingame and even in mo1 was not good for bows. Secondly 97 damage from a long bow means they are naked and the bow is over the strength of the player(also long bows cant be used mounted) so neither of those are relevant. Mounted mages do not need a buff at all and fatmages on foot need a nerf. I will agree with anyone who says mages need to be better at PvE. But they are completely fine where they are pvp wise and fatmages could use some looking at in the downtuning department. Also mounted combat one shitting is not an example of good balance it is an example of bad balance. If they can one shot. They should be nerfed. Not used as the metric to balance everything else around. With this logic everything should one shot.

Reactions: Rorry

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Also, these are NOT the horses we will have, so nothing should be balanced around them.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Firstly tapii is not ingame and even in mo1 was not good for bows. Secondly 97 damage from a long bow means they are naked and the bow is over the strength of the player(also long bows cant be used mounted) so neither of those are relevant. Mounted mages do not need a buff at all and fatmages on foot need a nerf. I will agree with anyone who says mages need to be better at PvE. But they are completely fine where they are pvp wise and fatmages could use some looking at in the downtuning department. Also mounted combat one shitting is not an example of good balance it is an example of bad balance. If they can one shot. They should be nerfed. Not used as the metric to balance everything else around. With this logic everything should one shot.
Long bows can't be used on Horseback but it wasn't a longbow i quoted as doing 80 damage from horseback. And i meant damaging opponents horse hue hue hue

Last edited:

Sneeze

Mar 24, 2021
Longbows can't be used on Horseback but it wasn't a longbow i quoted as doing 80 damage from horseback. And i meant damaging opponents horse hue hue hue
also increasing mage damage or speed of casting from mount back does not just affect the damage they do to horses it affects the damage they do in general. if you want to affect how much damage mages do to mounts then lower the magic resistance of mounts not increase the overall damage of mages.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Psy fighters are good. If you are Veela fighter you will have to choose 50-70 psy or int.
Int gives you more skill points which is very nice but Psy makes fighting mages less punishing.

If you are a veela at least I dont see why you are not going Psy unless you want profession points.
With 70 psy I resist 1 spell out of 10, the other 9 are full damage. Definitely not worth it.
9 fulms for 46 to 55, 1 for 22.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
With 70 psy I resist 1 spell out of 10, the other 9 are full damage. Definitely not worth it.
9 fulms for 46 to 55, 1 for 22.
Also without your 70 psy a fulm can deal 80 damage just adding my 2 cents here. 70 psy is a huge deal and now you see why.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Also without your 70 psy a fulm can deal 80 damage just adding my 2 cents here. 70 psy is a huge deal and now you see why.
Don't listen to this person, you don't need very much PSY. In fact don't take any PSY at all, it does nothing.

Signed,

A Spellcaster

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
PSY reduces the damage linear ontop of giving resistence chance.
the reason why you need the INT hybrid build rn is because there are no pet bandages.

give horse patches