Suggestion: Combine magic and all planned healing methods in one patch

Release ...

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I´ve been thinking on how our testing should influence the "final" product. Currently a lot of focus in on duels and organized team fights.
These follow very different rulesets than fighting will after launch, yet we use them as a benchmark for balance. To a degree that is unavoidable.

Now to my point. MO2 is about refining what worked well in MO1 and changing what didn´t. Everyone agrees that a giant part of balance will be combat healing. I think there are as many opinions on that as there as players. The problem is that currently it´s all theorycrafting since we don´t know what SVs plan for this is.

Personally I like to view healing as one big unit rather than splitting it into magic/potions/rest. That is why I suggest that the patch that includes magic (with healing presumably) will also include a set of potions (from low to high tier) and bandages.

This should happen a good time before persistent launch so there is enough time to fine tune those systems. For example I think it could be problematic if potions were to be tested without magic, thus without a counter.

Reactions: PatWins

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I wouldn't mind it all at once, but I think at the same time it wouldn't make as much sense unless SV somehow happened to finish all 3 at the same time more or less. More than likely Bandages being simplest system would be ready first, then magic, and they'll probably throw in like a vendor potion like MO1 until the Alchemy system would be ready, which might not even be ready for persistent just because it's a more complex system ( I haven't heard anything in regard to this tho) and although I think it's an important trade, and the one I spent the most time on in MO1, it isn't that detrimental for the release if it isn't ready yet imo.

Point being that it wouldn't make sense necessarily for them to hold a simple system back which is finished and ready to bug test like bandages until the more complex stuff is ready, they just lose testing time on that system that way, and I think in general more testing time the better. They could test and iterate possibly 3 versions of bandages by the time Magic is ready to be tested given the time frame.

Edit: But I agree, all things being equal having all of them at once to see how they all work together would be great.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I personally wish to see resting unusable in combat and bandaging take its rightful place as it was announced to be intended. That is, its channeled and can be done whilst moving but will heal less if moving and even less so of hit.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I personally wish to see resting unusable in combat and bandaging take its rightful place as it was announced to be intended. That is, its channeled and can be done whilst moving but will heal less if moving and even less so of hit.
The slow pace of 1v1's is gonna make healing "duper wack" to use the industry standard term.