Strange letter

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
It was another terrible day in that stinking town of Tindrem. Or whats left of its former glory.

- Gosh, I hate this place so much. - I thought to myself.
However it is like a Dogs Vomit - I will come back to it every single time to finish what I started. I believe I am insane - I am always trying the same thing in this time and I expect a different results. Same thing over and over again jusut to find that it will still yield the same outcom. Definitely I am going insane - possibly because of all that magic I chased.
Nevertheless, back to the job. I came here for a reason. I wrote a letter.

Dear Lord Ibarruri,
I have found on a recently killed Tindremene a piece of a strange letter.

Dears,
Our agenda is changing. World foundation has shifted. We are no longer in power. Lord Ibarruri is back again with his plans to reinstate the emperor - we cannot allow that. Status quo is way to fragile to allow for such heresy. Khurite tribes are a growing threat - I believe some of them could have found out that we want to...

I believe we may have a plot against our business rising. We all believe in better world, therefore we need to keep looking for any new leads. If I find anything new I will report it immediately.
Yours,
XXX

I decided to not yet openly tell the man who I am. I put on my hood and my mask and asked errand boy to deliver secretly a message to Lord Ibarruri by swiftly planting it into his pocket. I believe he should know that he is being seen as a threat. He should also not know that I found that letter in the messeneger I found drifting near Kranesh lake. He also doesnt need to know that he was probably a Tindremene. It could cause some... unfortunate sensations.

I mounted my old donkey and moved back to looking for secret knowledge of magic.

But there was one thing that kept me thinking - Emperor? Last known Emperor Komodor the Regal was gone long time ago. I think it could mean that my beloved leader and friend could finally be coming back? Is that possible? No, I better get back to work. I heard there was a lot of magic that I havent yet put my fingers on and I need to fix that as soon as possible.

@Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
An old messenger, humbly dressed and riding a little pony, arrives at Apsalar's residence. Bowing reverently, he hands her a sealed letter. After doing so, he leaves in silence:

benito.jpg

Dear old friend Apsalar:
"I am well aware that both you and your household were great friends of my predecessor and founder of my household, the venerable ICH member, Lord Ibarruri. I regret to inform you that my father, died in his bed, after a hazardous life full of adventures, intrigues, successful failure and still possessor of immense wealth.
Now dead and in the arms of Soldeus, I see the memory of him fade into the mists of history, although I, the only son and heir, try to bear my father's name with dignity. I receive his legacy with affection and responsibility.
I am grateful to know about the threat that hangs over my house, although I have always been aware that ancient powers threaten our existence.
I know well the relationship of special friendship and respect that united him with the old and venerable SLAV house, to which he dedicated so much praise. It would have been for the cause of joy to know that your old emperor and his comrades return to Myrland in search of new adventures and legacies.
Many still remember with joy the times of Emperor Komodor I, "the exiled". Known for his compassionate, peaceful, and generous government, Komodor brought a brief era of prosperity, peace, and generosity to the great city of TIndrem. My father used to tell me about it, on many occasions. Unfortunately his precipitous and tragic fall plunged Myrland back into darkness.

I embrace the legacy of my father with hope and in the shadow, like his former followers, I pray every day to the god Soldeus for the return of the old king and the advent of an era of justice, peace and prosperity"

"Ibarruri II, the prudent"

Old songs already almost forgotten
they tell stories of times gone by.
When Komodor "the righteous" was emperor
I never fail the justice of our Lord.
There never was a better king in Myrland
his wisdom, was our shield and guarantee.
The love of his people protected him.
The gold the poor hands filled
in rivers of precious metal they all swam.
Ibarruri, the hand, the bread gave to the poor man.
The town of Myrland left the night behind.
Will joy ever return to the old streets?

Surely only the gods know.

Attachments

• mensajero.jpg
    mensajero.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 2
  • benito.jpg
    benito.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: Vakirauta

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
-oh! - it was my only hearable reactions after receiving the letter.
- I was away for way too long, my dear. - I thought to myself. - Time to come back to the living.
***​
I sat next to a fire in the ritualists camp.
- I am sorry my old friends, but I need your blood to keep myself alive. Its this time again. - I whispered to the gentle and quiet night.
***​
Someone was watching me during the ritual, I am sure, But I wasnt bothered of it that time.
Bad things are stirring again, and I am not sure if the balance will be kept. Maybe the council need to know? But how should I approach them? I come and tell them "hello its me I am over 300 year old necromancer, I got a feeling that someone wants to destory our world"? Even for me it sounds foolish enough, not even ignoring the fact that necromancy is again a forbiden art.
I need to watch. I need to find allies. Maybe its time form a new organisation? Fall of house SLAV was very painful for me, I stepped back into the shadows after my friends fell in battle. Worst thing was that my former brothers and sister fell for the dark side. It is true that you either die as a hero or see yourself turning into the very thing you were fighting...
V.
If you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gaze into you. Time to come back. Meet me in Meduli tavern.
A.

I sent an messenger to my former companion, maybe he will be able to help me with the task? We need to get some things done. (@Vakirauta)

Apsalar

May 31, 2020
BOOOOOOOOOOM!

Loud pain exploded inside my head.
- We got one here sleeping! - I heard some faded voice.
- Quickly, hit him again before he wakes up! - I could this voice much clearer that the previous.
- I am already awake. Shade, kill them. - I believe it was the last thing they could hear or see. After all, I am almost 300 years old necromancer.

Ouch, my head still hurts. No hard feelings for you guys, you served your master.
- BARTENDER, clean these bodies and blood if you couldnt keep those thugs outside! - Where is my friend V?

I walked out of the tavern to just smell again the disgusting smell of Meduli docks.
- mmmm, smell of life! - Guard, what is the current situation in the city? Are we facing any civil unrests?
- Fock off ye dirty scum! One mere word and ama kick yer head in!
- I see that Tindremic hospitality is still at its best here. Nevertheless, I am going to speak to the banker about lending me some money.
As I was walking slowly down the alley a small dirty urchin tried to pickpocket me.
- Not today, kiddo.
- Sir, I was not trying to pickpocket you. I was supposed to deliver you something.
- What was it?
- A letter Boss
dont chase the dragon.png
- What in the hairy arse of the Khurite Priest is that supposed to mean?! I thought to myself.
There are no dragons!