Stolen iteam cooldown

Rudakov

May 31, 2020
Why we have that brain dead system . When u kill blue u cant pick up Items cos they stolen . And u have to stay at 1 place like braind dead and wait 2 minutes with overweight . What kind of gameplay is that . U cant place items in horse u cant nothing , just stay at one playce and wait . Fix it FFS

Reactions: Rhias and Dracu

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Why we have that brain dead system . When u kill blue u cant pick up Items cos they stolen . And u have to stay at 1 place like braind dead and wait 2 minutes with overweight . What kind of gameplay is that . U cant place items in horse u cant nothing , just stay at one playce and wait . Fix it FFS

tbh it's because SV doesn't have the balls to ban people for killing you with a blue then looting the grey on an alt.

Edit: and yeah that's the right decision, when people exploit your shit you ban them. If you try to outlaw it, it always comes back to haunt you cuz it rubber bands into like 3 other areas that DO NOT INVOLVE GUARDS.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Well, technically you can ride away while being completely encumbered because there is no check of your inventory weight when mounting up. It just dumps you off the horse after a few seconds. At least this way you can find a hiding spot and wait it out there.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It's a very precarious way to give near town víctims the time Windows to do something about it, but like It's been said completly defeated by the horse weight thing. And positioning the criminal on a pants off situation Is just... The whole mechanics reeks placeholder, like generally everything the game has.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
I wish you could just put the stolen items into a horsebag but it would force the horse to walk speed so you can't just speed away.

That or once the stolen items are picked up, the timer starts ON THEM, not on you holding them in your inventory. That way you pick them up, droploot, reequip yourself to be able to fight if someone comes and after the clean up, you put them on a horse and move on.

Both of these idea versions would also take 4 minutes to turn items to non stolen insted of 2 to balance it out.

I'd say these would be far better then what we have now.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I wish you could just put the stolen items into a horsebag but it would force the horse to walk speed so you can't just speed away.

That or once the stolen items are picked up, the timer starts ON THEM, not on you holding them in your inventory. That way you pick them up, droploot, reequip yourself to be able to fight if someone comes and after the clean up, you put them on a horse and move on.

Both of these idea versions would also take 4 minutes to turn items to non stolen insted of 2 to balance it out.

For real? Picking the items up, drop looting your whole inventory and reequipping everything is supposed to be the "solution"?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

It just should refresh into a new timer when you horse bag it. Like stolen goods. Even that is a bit much, but for a video game, it works. There is like 0 reason to gank miners, but you can DO IT haha. It's just a big waste because of this.

You should be able to do like MO1, slide right up to the GZ, pack it in while taking a few guard arrows, then speed off haha. Not seeing how any other mechanic makes sense, if you got the kill.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Another option is... uh.. dont pick up everything when you kill someone. Pay attention to the loot before you spam click away.

But hey what do I know.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Another option is... uh.. dont pick up everything when you kill someone. Pay attention to the loot before you spam click away.

But hey what do I know.
I wonder how you pick up a stack of something valueable out of a horse when you can't split it.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Were trying to push, Being able to put stolen items in horse bags at least. Because your horse also turns auto gray. So you should be able to just put shit in there and be good, Spread the word mfers.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021

But hey what do I know.
You should not be limited on what to pick up. You should be able to store in in a horse bag tho. The hors goes gray with you. So G fkin G.
Once we killed a man got a stack of steel and cuprum from his horse. My friend picked it up. He was riding and falling off his horse. Then his horse glitched and would not come to him so he was stuck there. They respawned at their strong hold, and killed his horse then engaged us who were not stuck. sayin you should not of picked up all that metal walking past him.
We retreated and pulled them away. My friend had to end up deleting the loot, because he could not move and his horse was dead.
So we were forced to delete 10000 steel and cuprum, just because a shitty ass game mechanic. :ROFLMAO:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I picked up a couple of stacks of things... and did the ride hop jaunt out of the AO till it went blue to drop in my horse bags. I did it after the fight was won, not during the middle of the fight.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I picked up a couple of stacks of things... and did the ride hop jaunt out of the AO till it went blue to drop in my horse bags. I did it after the fight was won, not during the middle of the fight.

You are gonna look at a stack of decent mats and be like ehh, gotta wait. I mean, I would because I KNOW, but dude's right, it's just bg. It makes no sense. Like I said before, a lot of your guys don't remember MO1 very well (for some reason?) but they added this because people would pk you and loot the grey on a blue. It went from there and became SUPERAIDS. It's almost like... they should have made it only apply to town? lol.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You are gonna look at a stack of decent mats and be like ehh, gotta wait. I mean, I would because I KNOW, but dude's right, it's just bg. It makes no sense. Like I said before, a lot of your guys don't remember MO1 very well (for some reason?) but they added this because people would pk you and loot the grey on a blue. It went from there and became SUPERAIDS. It's almost like... they should have made it only apply to town? lol.

Sometimes self control is a difficult thing.

Haegemon

Mar 10, 2022
I would happily take 10minute criminal timer if it would mean I could put stuff in my horse or even be able to trade it to another player.
If the other player accepts the item he/she turns criminal too (new timer).
If I put it in my horsebags, the horse and I will turn criminal (timer resets)

Make stolen items unbankable or unable to put in a chest for that time.
Problem solved, game saved.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I would happily take 10minute criminal timer if it would mean I could put stuff in my horse or even be able to trade it to another player.
If the other player accepts the item he/she turns criminal too (new timer).
If I put it in my horsebags, the horse and I will turn criminal (timer resets)

Make stolen items unbankable or unable to put in a chest for that time.
Problem solved, game saved.

This would be ideal. But this I believe is beyond the capabilities of either the engine or the skill of the builder. *shrugs*