Still Interested?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Vastly superior? ....oh you mean the vastly improved dangleage of the appendages? Yes, yes.....vastly indeed....

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
The potential. play your cards right and we may get destructible shit. Think digging. It takes a smooth rig to run that though. Everquest Next failed because of that, I bet. They knew people couldnt run the game...

• Angry
Reactions: a.out

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Except for the graphics, the world size and the standing system I´ve yet to see an improvement on the features of MO1. Also most of the small changes made move the game away from a hardcore sandbox MMORPG.

MO2 was supposed to overcome the technical limitations MO1 had. Right now it looks more like it will be a very different game from the one that people like me joined to support 11 years ago.

It would be a shame, because I think that there is no market for the game that SV is developing. There would be one for a true hardcore sandbox MMORPG.

• Angry
Reactions: Avenoma

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
with that attitude we wont. They are already expressed interest in moving to unity 5 and if you think unity 5 cant handle that. gg dude.

• Angry
Reactions: a.out

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Unity 5? Lol.
Unity 5 is 7 years old, you probably mean Unreal Engine 5.
And whatever an engine can handle means absolutely nothing to what is going to be done with it.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
damnit youre correct. yea. UE5 is what i was thinking of. But Unity 5 can do it too. Your thinking the whole map. what of patches.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I've literally built deformable territory in Unity way back based on marching cubes and other algorithms.
It's just not something the architecture, design and MMORPG framework behind MO are made for.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
nodes dude. not the paper thin terrain. I was a small time programmer once upon a time....

a.out

May 28, 2020
nodes dude. not the paper thin terrain. I was a small time programmer once upon a time....
Oh yeah? Where can I sign up for your MMORPG with fps-like combat and no loading screens? A game is much more than its engine you know .... You will not simply "add" terraforming just like that. It has to be build around that from the get-go. I don't see this happening with Mortal Online, ever. People will terraform the map into a giant dick. I don't mind giant dicks, but I don't think it fits into Henriks vision.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
with that attitude we wont. They are already expressed interest in moving to unity 5 and if you think unity 5 cant handle that. gg dude.

Terraforming got already confirmed from Henrick, but only a very basic Terraforming. Maybe to remiove trees or vegitation, if you want to place a wall or so. Searcht he 5 h Interview with henrick.