Spiritism in MO2

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
Hello everybody!

I really like the school of spiritism magic in MO. However, in the first game, there were the least useful spells in this school.
I don't know exactly what SV is going to add to MO2 for this school, but I know exactly what was in the MO1.
Therefore, I would like to know your opinion and perhaps your suggestions on possible additions to this school of magic or related features.
For example, in MO2, we have the opportunity to restore mana to the living from the world of the dead, which, as far as I know, was not in the MO1.
But there is one problem here, when you do this, you can't see live characters and you need to know exactly where the person to whom you intend to restore mana is. This problem could be solved if we had the opportunity to see live players in the ether world, at least for a certain period of time. I remember in the MO1 at one time it was possible to appear in the world of the living for a short time by clicking on the 'X'.
The more vital energy you had - Kau, the longer you could be manifested in the world of the living and see people in it. Then this feature was turned off for some reason.
It would be cool if this opportunity was returned in the MO2, because a spiritist, in MO2, has a spell to see the world of the dead, why is there no reverse spell or an opportunity from the world of the dead to look at the world of the living?
On the forum, in one of the topics, someone suggested introducing the ability to see your loot in ether world. I think if it was a spell that would make all the corpses / dead bodies light up (and after all, our body is already in the loot) in a small radius, it would also be a cool ability for this school of magic.
I also think I need to somehow add / increase the dependence of spiritism spells on Psy. For example, as it was at one time MO1, when the speed in the ether world or jumps depended on this parameter. In MO1, the speed depended on Psy, the more it was, the faster you ran. Then, it was removed.
If you have any other ideas, welcome.
P.s. I would not like spiritism to be an OP school, but I would like it to have an order of magnitude more useful spells in it than resurrection, etherworld portal and mental projectile.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
At the very least you'll be able to smite some player ghosts and farm spirits of both player and evil spirits. These are needed for spells, you know.
At some point maybe they'll expand on the spirit world content, one day maybe the portals used in certain locations will actually let people travel into the spirit realm with their gear for that area, for say a dungeon or to "ghost" fight a world boss. Who knows. But for now, it is a pretty damn strong school, you can use it to make money, the rail gun spell is a good damage spell. If you want to travel between towns without bringing stuff travelling at 1600 makes even the longest travels so fast the world almost seems small.

Oh and you can AOE restore mana to a group of mages as well as resurrect dead people, what else you want lol?

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
Two words:

Ghost Scouting.
in MO1, this was due to the fact that you had 4 characters per account and you could put 3 of them in different places and scout, but in MO2 you have only 1 account and again, who prevents you from making a spell in spiritualism, for example, requiring 80 or 90 levels to see the world of the living, then the scouts will immediately become an order of magnitude less

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Still riskless scouting. Might as well just let people go into spectator mode and fly around like streamers during the events, at will.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
What @Eskaldar said is absolutely false and (I presume) mistaken.
this was due to the fact that you had 4 characters per account and you could put 3 of them in different places and scout,
Ghost scouting required only ONE avatar who happened to be dead and able to see the living (or their mounts) in an area of interest. You didn't even have to die there.

If it's again made possible to see the living from the Ether, Ghost Scouting will make its Trumphant Return-- and we don't want that, do we?

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
What @Eskaldar said is absolutely false and (I presume) mistaken. Ghost scouting required only ONE avatar who happened to be dead and able to see the living (or their mounts) in an area of interest. You didn't even have to die there.

If it's again made possible to see the living from the Ether, Ghost Scouting will make its Trumphant Return-- and we don't want that, do we?
Why are you so afraid of this?
What's so scary about that?
Or do you think you can't do it now?
Now you can track people with a spiritist just like in the first part MO. You only need ether portal knowledge.
But I then offered the opportunity to see only spiritists who, for example, have a skill in the school of magic equal to 100, i.e. that if there were such scouts, they were magicians and anyone could not become them.
For some reason, you are not confused by the possibility of all Alvarins to be able to track, but watching from the world of the dead the world of the living scares you. After all, the same magicians can act against the same scouts, no matter what they say or. You can always banish enemy.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
I will not talk about those spells that are really effective or that are not yet in MO 1.
Of the 11 spells of this school of magic (why are there so few of them?) besides resurrection and mental projectile, how often does a magician use something else?
Now about what we have at the moment and its effectiveness:
In the world of the dead, the Ether momentum spell is ineffective, because it is cast in time for 2.5 seconds, adds only 100 speeds to 800 and its duration is some 45 seconds (correct if you made a mistake)? Just for these 2.5 seconds of the cast, you will run more than you will be given a speed increase of 100 for 45 seconds. Here it is necessary either to add the buff time or to make the caste instant. IMHO.
Mental Healing. A very interesting spell. Restores mana to others, with what it can be done from the world of the dead, but how do you know who you will restore mana from the world of the dead, if you do not see the world of the living? A paradox.
Banishing!
Banish in the first part was effective, since if it was PK (red), then he received statloss.
As Henrik said, there will be no MO2 in statloss. I.e. what is the point of banishing now? To help a person and thereby resurrect him? LOL what?

Last edited:
Reactions: SirVirtuo

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Ether momentum doubles your speed last time I used it?

They could just make it so banished players have penalties when they resurrect. Can be anything from longer resurrect process, inability to be revived by players for X amount of minutes. There are no limits tbh.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
ether momentum needs to be castable while moving or have several minutes up time to make it actually have a use

Reactions: SirVirtuo

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
I want to cross post a reply in another thread because it describes the experience someone goes through with spiritism now that capturing spirits is in and I think it fits the topic of Spiritism in MO2 better.

So here's my experience so far. I get a new spirit container which contains 4 spirits. I cast ether portal to get more spirits. It used all 4 spirits, despite only requiring 3. I have 0 spirits. I cannot get more spirits. I resurrect. I get more spirit containers, enter portal and summon a spirit. I cast the exorcise spell on it, and nothing happens. I read description after getting banished. I cast it on myself to be able to do damage to spirits and I cast mental projectile on it 3 times, but it never hits. The system confuses me, and i am banished again, losing all spirit boxes. I realize that the whole system involves a 3-4 step process on gathering spirits, and the payoff is the ability to resurrect people, and maybe regen their mana? The projectile is just as bad as any ecumenical spell. Spiritism no longer seems worth it, and I reduce the skills to 0. I imagine playing it at launch, and it will be an unfulfilling grind, and nothing about the school is Fun. Everything is clunky, and spiritism does not offer anything helpful to the gaming experience outside of resurrecting your friends as they do all the killing in PvP and PvE, etc.

Top this off with ecumenical's terrible playability during any form of combat, and you have yourself a broken magic system that the creator loves, but hates to play it himself.

What you're describing here is the learning process which is great that you outlined. It's not very easy or clear to make out what it is you're doing as a new spiritist but what you did is exactly what I had to go through in MO1 to learn the system and you and I had reactions to it. I was aware that I basically had to throw away 2 gold at a time to attempt learning what was happening and in my mind I was doing something that many people would walk away from after the first or second time making me feel even more rewarded once I do figure this out.

I think one problem that we're having is this is a beta and the conditions aren't exactly the same. When I was learning I didn't have all of these spells. I could just cast to summon spirits and cast expel spirits. Now in the beta we have all spiritism spells in at once and players don't have to find the scrolls + seal keys + scribe them so there is a lot of understandable confusion on what to do. Still even when the game launches I think the visual and audio feedback needs to reflect what the players are doing.

The orbs attack looks the exact same as the player attack and they overlap at times and you can lose track if you're even attacking or getting attacked if you switch orb target in the middle of them revolving. The player attack should sound like it's draining the orb AND have the orb size decrease noticeable amounts. This doesn't have to change the difficulty of tracking the orb with your mouse. I would say increase the orb size and their current default size can be the size they reach before they are defeated.

Another problem is the coloring or lighting effects which might only be because of the current patch where things are super white bright and dark. If the sun is out that can make it hard to see the spirits which are almost always above me. There came a point where I couldn't see the spirits anymore because I couldn't find any shadows to place in the background of me and all the orbs got washed out from how bright it was.

Even though I put in the effort to learn how Spiritism worked in MO1 I agree that it's not a fun gaming experience. I often got upset because I feel like I'm being tested in my mouse control only for spiritism which I don't feel has any ties to magic. I would rather have capturing spirits either be a bit easier so that even if you're playing on a mouse touch pad you can still complete it or make it some sort of knowledge check that ties into the lore instead. Display a symbol that shows where that spirit came from and you have to perform a ritual which could be moving your mouse into shapes like a square with a X in it, a circle, or a triangle or any symbols simple enough to trace out. Capturing spirits isn't going to be for everyone but I would at least like for someone who sets out to do it can manage to do it without having to sink gold into attempts.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
This is the way you do it .....

1 - Buy a spirit jar
2 - Cast portal (remebering to store everything but the jar/s in the bank.
3 - On Self cast transcendental seance (this draws a spirit out and you will get a little message saying no spirits are drawnout or a spirit has been drawn out.) If No spirit move and repeat the process. (its free to cast)
4 - Once you have a spirit, you will see there is an orb or more than one orb floating around it, you have to get rid of this. You deactivate or get rid of the orb/s by targeting it and clicking left click on your mouse. - KEEP THAT TARGET ICON ON THAT ORB - You will see you fire a beam out at the orb. Now the orb can also fire a beam at you (you will see your manna reducing) and this will start to reduce your manna. If your manna gets to 0 you will be banished and you will lose your spirit jars and emerge at a priest. If you feel worried about 'dieing' just run away out of distance and it will cease draining your manna. It will stay where it is and just go back andkill that orb.
5 - Once you have killed the orb/s then cast expel spirit on YOURSELF and again left click but this time at the spirit itself and eventually it will disappear and you will get a message saying you have collected x number of spirits. Check your spirit jar and you will see you now have those spirits in your jar.
6 - Wash rinse and repeat.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
ether momentum needs to be castable while moving or have several minutes up time to make it actually have a use

I heard momentum cannot be self cast - yet to be confirmed. I get no increase speed effect when i do self cast so there might be a bug or it can only be effectively cast on another player.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
How do I banish a player or even store their soul ? I cant pick up spirit boxes in ether I can only harvest spirits right ?
It is hard to banish a player - you have to fire left click at him as you would an orb but they will running away. Although mental projection can be cast in the ether it has yet to be confirmed whether or not it should be working or will work to this effect. In regards to spirit jars that they drop after being banished at this time they cannot be picked up - it is a bug that Seb knows about.

boogis

Nov 15, 2020