some love to skinning knife

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
not sure if the skill is bugged or something, but it seems to level extremely slow.
I knew in MO1 was quite slow as well, due to how easy is to get carcasses, but It seems a bit tuned too low.

skinning has the potential of being great in MO2. in MO1, you really didn't have the choice. when MO1 released, the whole butchering system was not in, and mobs dropped each "component" already butchered for you. for instance, at Cave Camp used to be a sea of wisent loot bags, as people would just get the wool and leave the rest.

when butchering got into the game, people already had lots of resources, characters slot to spare, molva and bullhorses to carry tons of stuff etc. So on-field butchering was not really considered viable due to the low yeilds, and mostly to the fact you had to have TONS of lore skills on a fighter char to skin in the field.

now in MO2 things are quite different:
- first, at release game creatures will be limited (no molvas or bullhorses), meaning logistics will be quite different
- travel distances are much further away, meaning going back to town with 50k carcasses is not even worth the travel timeù
- separated profession and action skill points mean not only a hunter-skinner is a very viable (and quite chill) archetipe for solo players, but also a great paring with some profession skills as well.

right now, with skills at 100x level, skinning knife still takes some 300K carcass to level 1 point. I hope is just some issue in the experience calculations, whereas for instance in cooking you can cook 1k carcass and get 100 lore points of each creature from 0.

please give some love to skinning knife, which can finally become semi-useful in MO2 after being completely useless in MO1

Reactions: Rorry

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
right now, with skills at 100x level, skinning knife still takes some 300K carcass to level 1 point. I hope is just some issue in the experience calculations, whereas for instance in cooking you can cook 1k carcass and get 100 lore points of each creature from 0.

please give some love to skinning knife, which can finally become semi-useful in MO2 after being completely useless in MO1

Agree, skinning will be most useful for hunters. The butcher workbench will be used for special carcass only which is not extracted by skinning but needed for some armors.

I think StarVault forgot to increase the skill speed of the skinning knife by the factor of 100. I noticed some other skills, too, which are going up very slow and are also probably forgotten.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Someone said that it levels per use rather than by amount of carcass. Not sure if intended.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I wish we would get a skinning Animation. That have made the Hunting so realistic and fun, but would take a lot of animation work.

I thought it was cool that a hunter could whistle and the animals would react and raise their heads to give the animal a headshot and that the quality of the leather would decrease if you missed the head.

I think ti would be cool if more animals would give us quality lether, but if we fail the headshot, we shoudl get fullgrain lether or so.
The animations of the horses was so well done.
I think SV doesn't have the manpower to do this, but if the game will get popular, SV should put some more love the animations.

Hunting is a big Part of the game and should be fun. Maybe add wind directions, so you have to move against the wind, so that the animal not smell the hunter.

Last edited:

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
I wish we would get a skinning Animation. That have made the Hunting so realistic and fun, but would take a lot of animation work.

I thought it was cool that a hunter could whistle and the animals would react and raise their heads to give the animal a headshot and that the quality of the leather would decrease if you missed the head.

I think ti would be cool if more animals would give us quality lether, but if we fail the headshot, we shoudl get fullgrain lether or so.
The animations of the horses was so well done.
I think SV doesn't have the manpower to do this, but if the game will get popular, SV should put some more love the animations.

Hunting is a big Part of the game and should be fun. Maybe add wind directions, so you have to move against the wind, so that the animal not smell the hunter.

maybe that's a bit too much hardcore :D

imagine skinning the wolf pups 🥺