Some experiments in gathering; rare resources.

DingDingDo

Jul 19, 2021
So I spent an afternoon checking out the new rare resource in nodes deal and while its been a relatively small sample size I note some pretty significant lack of extra resources.

So here's what I did;

5 pickaxes 5 wood axes
only continuing on nodes that gave me the notice that rare resources are possible until they completely emptied.
The only resources I acquired were 1 rough amber (3s) and 1 Black Opal ( 3s) from greywood and granum respectively.

Now, I don't know what the design philosophy is on this particular mechanic but unless my further tests show a significant increase in these rarer resources outside towns or safe zones? We're going to see the same problem we saw in MO1 where no one leaves town or any decent resource gets walled off in TC.

When you can't even buy replacement picks and axes with bonus resources you aquire I am suspect at the reason to even try to hunt these rare nodes if the drop rate is practically non-existent.

Any other production people got different results or regional/source type variance to share?

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
So I spent an afternoon checking out the new rare resource in nodes deal and while its been a relatively small sample size I note some pretty significant lack of extra resources.

So here's what I did;

5 pickaxes 5 wood axes
only continuing on nodes that gave me the notice that rare resources are possible until they completely emptied.
The only resources I acquired were 1 rough amber (3s) and 1 Black Opal ( 3s) from greywood and granum respectively.

Now, I don't know what the design philosophy is on this particular mechanic but unless my further tests show a significant increase in these rarer resources outside towns or safe zones? We're going to see the same problem we saw in MO1 where no one leaves town or any decent resource gets walled off in TC.

When you can't even buy replacement picks and axes with bonus resources you aquire I am suspect at the reason to even try to hunt these rare nodes if the drop rate is practically non-existent.

Any other production people got different results or regional/source type variance to share?
Nope this is pretty accurate. The clade gifts to detect rare resources are a huge noob trap.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
If they make them useful for players to cause demand then the vendor price wont really mean much.

If you mined regularly then you ended up with many of these in the first game. I believe there was at least one book that required them so, there was at least some player demand for the higher value ones.

There was definitely still a need for greater player demand of these though. Hopefully they have plans on how to make these more desirable to players in the future.

Last edited:

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
If SV give us cosmetic jewellery crafting, then the demand will be there. Rings, necklaces, amulets, crowns, you name it, people will want it in every material, even if it gives no stats. Add enchanting of these items and it would go crazy.

Reactions: Amadman and Kokolo

Body

Jul 10, 2021
I personally would like to see those rare resources as cosmetic (not stats) final touch on armors (including horse armors) and weapons, that would create demand from ppl that want to pimp at bank and guilds that like to get uniform style gear.

Reactions: Kokolo

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
I'd be happy with gems as cosmetic flair as well. I could see adding gems into sword hilts or pommels as being quite desirable. The fact that all these gems are described as "rough" gives me hope for an intermediate gem-cutting skill.

Reactions: Amadman

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Jewelcrafting skill will be in game, its confirmed by Henrik few months ago. We dont know when it will be implemented nor what it would do exactly. I think price for that rare materials will raise once the jewelcrafting is in game. So just stock them up. And yes, it is ridiculously small chance to get rare materials even when you got the message. I think its bugged atm, they will work on it hopefully. Eventually :D

Last edited:

DingDingDo

Jul 19, 2021
It would be nice to see a demand beyond vendor for them for sure. Until that demand exists however? I sadly believe that most if not all of these are vendor bound.

Interesting take would be to use them in alchemy for armor dying process on metal armors, turn your tung/steel/chron into Diamond/Ruby etc could be a neat trick stats or not.