Slarti Bartfast Presently

Mar 6, 2022
Slarti stared out towards the north ocean as he sat on the hill, the cliff above providing him protection and cover. He winced as he touched the freshly healed arrow wound in his left limb. He listened as the hoofbeats of the bandit that felled his horse rode away and up the hill towards Hyllspeia.

I almost had the bastard's horse. If I'd just hopped off and sacrificied mine, I could have delivered the final blow before I ran.

Slarti's thoughts turned to his dead horse, Blister. He had served Slarti long. A desert horse of his caliber was at least 75 gold at the local pet broker. It was a sad loss and no-way-to-go for such a loyal companion. Not to mention the hefty sack of nymph herb in his bags.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. I guess I'm alive at least. And that's the first time... the FIRST TIME I really gave a good fight back. Ha! He didn't follow me over the hill because maybe he didn't want his horse catching a flamestrike that would have finished him off! Come to think of it, I didn't do so bad after all. I'm getting the hang of all these new spells in my new spellbook. Zap! Boom! Sizzle! HEAL!

Slarti replayed the events in his head several more times as he looked out over the water while nibbling on a few nymph herbs.

(( Good fight, Everbloom. Maybe next time I'll get to drop a fulm on your horse before running for my life. ))

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Mar 6, 2022
A few months after opening the door to his first physical location of Bartfast Brewery to the public, Slarti finally had a moment to sit down and consider his price structure. Up to that point, he had been busting his butt doing every job for his new brewery. This included harvesting, brewing, promotion, and upgrading and maintaining the brewery. Upon reflection, he realized that more of his time than he'd rather was spent harvesting. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy it, but harvesting at the rate he had been for the coin he had been charging for the finished brew was beginning to wear him thin among all his other duties. He'd not been able to even add additional room to the brewery he had been so busy picking spelt and fruit every day.

As he went over his logs and checked buy orders for spelt and fruits, Slarti soon realized he had enough capital to begin employing others to do his harvesting. He did not want to just offer the minimum, though. After careful deliberation, he decided that he would pay harvesters 20 cuprum per unit harvesting, allowing them to make 20 gold for 10,000 units, enough for a newcomer to Nave to get great start on life.

The new price structure reflects this change as well as now taking into account the prices of Ichor and Purified Water, which were not listed as expenses previously. Thus, fruit beers like Adventure Fuel and Fabernum's Folly, requiring paying of spelt and fruit harvesters, are 133s/100u. Slarti's mana-heavy beer, Oghmir's Ode, is now 225s/100u. The newest battle beer in the lineup, the Stam Slammer, is modestly priced at 91s/100u due to Purified Water being much cheaper than fruit to acquire. The quality of the beer is still the same because it cannot get any better. Slarti at this time brews the best beer in Myrland. He is fully trained on every skill required for each step of the brewing process.

Slarti is keeping a close eye on his logs, hoping that his customers throughout West Myrland are receptive to his new plans to employ new adventures as harvesters at the slightly increased price of the beer. This will also leave Slarti more time to work on additional parts of the business, such as gathering materials to upgrade the brewery and building the upgrades. He hopes to eventually add an inn section to the brewery for the weary traveler, providing an equerry as well for their beasts.

(( Beer is getting more expensive, but with good cause. Will the citizens of West Myrland pay the new prices and allow Slarti to diversify his business... or will the best beer in Myrland sit on the shelves and force Slarti back to this old price structure and endless harvesting. We'll find out. ))

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Mar 6, 2022
Slarti was sitting outside the front gates when an odd looking Thursar strode up to him on his horse.

"Give meh loot brah. I take it. I take it. Give me it."

Slarti had no problem with helping the less fortunate, but this fellow had a dagger out and was make threatening motions, despite the Tindrem city guards nearby. Slarti thought for a moment and opened his coin purse anyway.

"Here... here... put away your damn dagger! Here... go buy yourself a pretty helmet," said Slarti as he passed the odd Thursar 25 silver.

"Oh.. oh.. thank you... thank you," said the Thursar and ran off.

Slarti sat watching the gates for a moment as he was about to depart to tame another round of horses. No point in getting robbed right outside of Tindrem for failing to look. Then, again, from behind him...

"Bro bro here... here..." It was the Thursar... again.

"No.. not you again," said Slarti.

"No.. no here bro here bro," said the Thursar, extending his close hand toward Slarti. Nervously, Slarti opened his hand and extended it to the Thursar. The Thursar dropped 300 silver in his hand.

"Oh... oh.. well thank you," said Slarti, slightly taken aback.

"Yes yes, you good, thank you," said the Thursar, running off immediately thereafter.

"That's some interest," Slarti chuckled. What a lovely turn of events on a day when he had previously had terrible luck, losing his prized razerback, Getrude, to a bandit named Oghmir outside of Meduli.

Reactions: Amelia

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
That Oghmir! He try to kill me yesterday and I am an oghmir too!
What a mad world ! 😔
p.s.: I see him in Tindrem right now, he's just a poor human. I dont understand why he named himself Oghmir bytheway ...

Last edited: