Simple criminal system.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I like the idea of the new rep system and such but I can already think of a few ways it may be rough and cumbersome. Usually the simplest idea is the best especially in systems like this. My suggestion is to unincorporate the rep and criminal system. Instead combine the old can't hit blue system. Make a simple switch. Choose to be a criminal and turn on hitting blue which takes x amount of time say an hour or even 10 minutes. From there you turn grey and can attack people. If you have murder counts you have to burn them off before you can turn back blue which also takes that same hour or 10 minutes or whatever. This solution is simple and elegant making arpk vs rpk actually work system wise.

Reactions: Darran

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Now I can travel from Toxai to GK or Tindrem and conduct a slaughter there. Isn't that wonderful?

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
A simple system would be that guards only react to crimes commited in their vicinity.

Toggles like that are weird and unintuitive to me.

"APRK vs. RPK" could be done in any system. It would work best without any flagging or guards. But that would also require a strong backbone.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Actually the current system support building of militias. Since you basically can fight at someone's else town without any consequence.
Expect, of cause, that you can't enter that town anymore.
However, this makes neutral traders that travel between towns/nations more important.

Reactions: Grasthard

Raziel

Jan 30, 2021
Switzerland
This solution is simple and elegant making arpk vs rpk actually work system wise.

You pretty much described the old MO1 system. And no it didn’t work properly there were so many ways to abuse the system it was embarrassing. Trying to improve on the old system can only be a good thing or at least trying something new.

Obviously the best system would be players in total control of the justice of the game. But that would imply jails, trials and so on as that sounds way to complicated especially for such a small team such as Star Vault one.

Castiel

Feb 25, 2021
You pretty much described the old MO1 system. And no it didn’t work properly there were so many ways to abuse the system it was embarrassing. Trying to improve on the old system can only be a good thing or at least trying something new.

Obviously the best system would be players in total control of the justice of the game. But that would imply jails, trials and so on as that sounds way to complicated especially for such a small team such as Star Vault one.
Although it would be epic!