Safety in Cities and Housing Interference with GMs

Crom

Mar 30, 2021
I love the comments that go as: "This is different than the original game; therefore, it is bad."
How hard is it to admit that MO was a deeply flawed game with a ridiculously low, famously toxic player-base that nearly broke SV twice?
MO2 is supposed to be better at everything, my fellow mortals; begging to go back to MO will never be the way forward. If we ever evoke the memory of the original, let it be to discuss how we improve from there, not how we get back.

That being said, there seems to be a common topic here since blue towns right now ARE radiable, as proven yet and again. What you can't do is expect your merry band of 10 players will take over Tindrem. If you want to invade Fabernum or Meduli, bring 20 or 30 well-geared players. If you want to invade the Tindrem or MK, build an army because that is the intention. On a large scale, everything seems to be very well in order.

There are, however, and there should be, occasional blind spots on the guard network, opportunities for crime even in a guarded city, as expected. Those add to the game, requiring careful planning and great execution. That's what I believe SV is talking about when they say cities should not be completely safe.

Reactions: Yushi

Divined

Dec 2, 2021
I saw this thread when looking at another thread and it just so happened that this happened in MK today, thought I'd post some pictures since I died laughing at this and the topic's about GM interference, 1 guard wasn't enough (was killed) so they spawned 14 of them:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
haha yea guards on da roof. EPIC.

If you can pull a legit longbow, you can kill an unarmored and maybe armored horse just about any place tho. I used to be against killing horses, but now I'm not. Why? They are a resource. I'm not doing it for luls. It affects people. We got some people killed who zerged us the other night cuz they had to leave town on foot w/ 7~ and they just got mopped at some point cuz we saw the loot bags loool.

I feel like we've earned it. That's the point of the rep sys imo. If you run your parcels like a good boy, you should be able to blast 2 horses. FAIR, I think so!

Edit: fak, clicked my icon and deleted my post haha. Basically I was on a tangent about guards in the GY even, guard lag, how players have all the tools to combat it, and using the GY event as an example of how GY stuff can turn into interesting content. Then I posted how one of my friends uninstalled after getting elite guarded in duli GY (he hadn't played in a sec so he didn't know, I did, but I was following him.)

Also posted about how Bakti was so fun even tho I was on non combats a lot of the time, that people could raid the city and ride horses thru. It was exciting. Thennn... last part was that the only place that really had a pseudo guard presence in the GY was Tindrem and TINDREM WAS THE MOST CANCER PLACE I'VE EVER SEEN IN ANY GAME.

Edit2: IN SUMMARY, more guards is not the answer! It actually rewards exploiting systems opposed to player interaction. I don't care anymore about doing shit like horse killing, like I said, it's one of the most effective ways to cripple someone. And no guards are ever gonna stop that lol, esp if you got 2 people. Let us handle our own shit.

Last edited:

Divined

Dec 2, 2021
haha yea guards on da roof. EPIC.

If you can pull a legit longbow, you can kill an unarmored and maybe armored horse just about any place tho. I used to be against killing horses, but now I'm not. Why? They are a resource. I'm not doing it for luls. It affects people. We got some people killed who zerged us the other night cuz they had to leave town on foot w/ 7~ and they just got mopped at some point cuz we saw the loot bags loool.

I feel like we've earned it. That's the point of the rep sys imo. If you run your parcels like a good boy, you should be able to blast 2 horses. FAIR, I think so!

Edit: fak, clicked my icon and deleted my post haha. Basically I was on a tangent about guards in the GY even, guard lag, how players have all the tools to combat it, and using the GY event as an example of how GY stuff can turn into interesting content. Then I posted how one of my friends uninstalled after getting elite guarded in duli GY (he hadn't played in a sec so he didn't know, I did, but I was following him.)

Also posted about how Bakti was so fun even tho I was on non combats a lot of the time, that people could raid the city and ride horses thru. It was exciting. Thennn... last part was that the only place that really had a pseudo guard presence in the GY was Tindrem and TINDREM WAS THE MOST CANCER PLACE I'VE EVER SEEN IN ANY GAME.

Edit2: IN SUMMARY, more guards is not the answer! It actually rewards exploiting systems opposed to player interaction. I don't care anymore about doing shit like horse killing, like I said, it's one of the most effective ways to cripple someone. And no guards are ever gonna stop that lol, esp if you got 2 people. Let us handle our own shit.
The point is that the GMs should not spawn this many guards there. There was one guard, the guard was killed. Why would the GMs interfere and spawn a new one? They made a whole announcement about how towns are meant to be dangerous blah blah blah.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The point is that the GMs should not spawn this many guards there. There was one guard, the guard was killed. Why would the GMs interfere and spawn a new one? They made a whole announcement about how towns are meant to be dangerous blah blah blah.

I was just chuckling, I know your point. I agree. I wasn't disagreeing. Sorry if I made it seem that way.