Rules from 2011 - Ban and rules confusion part2 -

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I'm sorry @Erras .. :( If what I was reading was really the rules. Than I would love to see this updated or followed according to what you have posted.

You deleted a statement I made about testing and how a player was so mad he priest camped me. I see that being highly discouraging for testing purposes because we were testing. If they didn't want to be part of it they could have left like Henrik did. Henrik was a great example of what they should have done, though they wanted to retaliate..

So if that TOS stands, the player who was mad and kept priest camping should be banned? Though when I asked Henrik about it, I was told its okay. <--( not word for word as I dont want to be banned for sharing private messages I've had with him. Im only following the rules I just read).

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. Im just trying to get you guys to the upper echelon level of gaming and business. SV has a super awesome team! Updating your TOS and making it more clear for In-game, forums, discord and social media related subjects will benefit in the long run.

Love you SV.
-Phen

P.S. Please know I'm just trying to make the game the best it can be. As a fairly successful business owner, I'm just trying to help a company I believe in. PM me if you would like me to send an example of a new TOS that would help everyone understand the rules. ❤

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
It's just a suggestion. They don't have to listen.. All i know is that reviews make or break a company. Especially with steam reviews, sense lots of people look at them before starting up a new game. The funny part to me is that it's something that won't be around long so why not put a temp ruling up so everyone knows..

oof you really are gonna be an ex-phen

Hahaha that almost sounds worth getting a ban, then i would have a reason for the x in my name... mhmmm...... nahhh im here to support not harm..

Damn you Tech.. Lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Teknique

LGM Discord

Lead GameMaster
Staff member
May 27, 2020
There are no gamemasters in the game right now, so I do not intend to make a bunch of rules that can not be enforced, I am only going to say that during the alpha and beta we are not going to allow anyone to disrupt the testing so if there is something organized to confirm something any players who interfere will be removed. Try to use common sense if possible do not try to look for a detailed rule to tell you how to act if you see a group organized and doing something to benefit the game it is probably not a good idea to grief them as it makes it counterproductive to us.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
There are no gamemasters in the game right now, so I do not intend to make a bunch of rules that can not be enforced, I am only going to say that during the alpha and beta we are not going to allow anyone to disrupt the testing so if there is something organized to confirm something any players who interfere will be removed. Try to use common sense if possible do not try to look for a detailed rule to tell you how to act if you see a group organized and doing something to benefit the game it is probably not a good idea to grief them as it makes it counterproductive to us.

All I can say to this is common sense isn't common anymore. I wish it was then this post wouldn't be here.

Maybe common to one side of the world but may not be to another. I'm just a businessman trying to help another business. Just making the common sense clear i guess.., anyone who interferes from this point on with anyone who is testing will be banned for disrupting them? Because of it being common sense, does this mean if a player says " I'm Testing Something" no one can disrupt what they are doing? This include testing the different waters for fish, new mats in crafted items, testing terrain levels and how it effects both player and mounts, siege equipment testing, new item testing, PvE testing to see what drops what mats, ect?

I'm only asking this as a crafter too now, I would love to never get killed by testing different recipes. Also while fishing, I've been testing things there for a very long time and have been killed a numerous of times. I thought it was part of the game to get jumped once in awhile. Even though i was testing stuff, would players now get in trouble for doing such from this point forward?

LGM Discord

Lead GameMaster
Staff member
May 27, 2020
No, I said organized which means a staff member or a player had to get permission to organize something to help further the development, so if a staff member has something in-game organized such as team fights, then we are not going to allow it to be interrupted. I have no intention of trying to make the game what it is not, but there will have to be a limitation on the grief if Henrik or Herius wants to confirm and test or we will not be able to get the results required. I had to fight with this all the time for over ten years, a player gets told you can do what you want in the game and they can, but there are still limitations to that freedom. I am not sure what is hard to understand if a staff member such as Henrik or any of the development team tells you to stop then you stop if not further action could be required.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
So who do we speak to about getting permission to test things? I really thought thats what alpha was all about. Testing to make a better game until beta is released.

Also if hacking only gets 3 days of ban and subjective griefing is 5 weeks. I just think something is off there. In your rules, hacking or tampering with the game in any way would be subject to prema ban. Although this wasn't followed.

This is my misunderstanding....

LGM Discord

Lead GameMaster
Staff member
May 27, 2020
Why are you trying to understand the logic behind the bans,? If you do not have all the sides that would be pointless? I do not give out the durations of punishment because then players like to test that. How we treat bans are subjective based on the facts that we have, trying to understand them would not do you any good.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Well the same reason why you guys have rules in the first place. To provide a fair playing ground for everyone. If its not a fair playing ground across the board, then bad reviews will come from thoses testing your boundaries on banning people. Its not about me sir.. its about showing everyone a fair place to get information. As I just pointed out. A player should have been perma banned according to the TOS and was not.

Its just clarity, alpha and beta are so much different. This alone should be taken account for becuase there is a huge difference between alpha and beta. I state this because we all know this game will never fully be completed. Release as we know it is beta. MO1 never left beta, I read everything you guys have for rules and such. I just didn't see them followed accordingly.

Not my intention to make this go any further. I personally see alpha being a place for testing. Anyone who abuses this should be subject to ban on SV discretion. While all TOS rules should be followed as we all agreed on by creating an account.

Thanks Discord for your reply, I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. Just trying to help protect the reputation of Mortal Online 2 before more negative reviews come around.

-Phen

Rathius

Jul 16, 2020
Well the same reason why you guys have rules in the first place. To provide a fair playing ground for everyone. If its not a fair playing ground across the board, then bad reviews will come from thoses testing your boundaries on banning people. Its not about me sir.. its about showing everyone a fair place to get information. As I just pointed out. A player should have been perma banned according to the TOS and was not.

Its just clarity, alpha and beta are so much different. This alone should be taken account for becuase there is a huge difference between alpha and beta. I state this because we all know this game will never fully be completed. Release as we know it is beta. MO1 never left beta, I read everything you guys have for rules and such. I just didn't see them followed accordingly.

Not my intention to make this go any further. I personally see alpha being a place for testing. Anyone who abuses this should be subject to ban on SV discretion. While all TOS rules should be followed as we all agreed on by creating an account.

Thanks Discord for your reply, I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. Just trying to help protect the reputation of Mortal Online 2 before more negative reviews come around.

-Phen
The issue is if Starvault made details regarding moderation actions more transparent, it would set precedents which the community may abuse to pressure Starvault into enforcing rules when unnecessary or not enforcing rules when necessary.

Additionally, by forcing staff to comply rigidly with these precedents for the sake of "fairness," as new cases develop over the years to come it would become increasingly difficult for Starvault to revisit how each case was handled and justified in order to enforce rules for new reports. The community could then argue among each other and with staff, how cases A and B were similar but handled differently where the opposition may use cases C and D to justify certain actions. The debates and discussion of rules would be a hindrance to staff as they would be constantly revisiting and overturning actions just to appease the demands of individuals such as yourself in the name of "fairness."

By having GMs to withhold this information, they are given more flexibility in how they may enforce rules and overall reduces their workload so reports may be handled quicker and more efficiently rather than waste time arguing with players.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
The issue is if Starvault made details regarding moderation actions more transparent, it would set precedents which the community may abuse to pressure Starvault into enforcing rules when unnecessary or not enforcing rules when necessary.

Additionally, by forcing staff to comply rigidly with these precedents for the sake of "fairness," as new cases develop over the years to come it would become increasingly difficult for Starvault to revisit how each case was handled and justified in order to enforce rules for new reports. The community could then argue among each other and with staff, how cases A and B were similar but handled differently where the opposition may use cases C and D to justify certain actions. The debates and discussion of rules would be a hindrance to staff as they would be constantly revisiting and overturning actions just to appease the demands of individuals such as yourself in the name of "fairness."

By having GMs to withhold this information, they are given more flexibility in how they may enforce rules and overall reduces their workload so reports may be handled quicker and more efficiently rather than waste time arguing with players.

Well if you feel this way. Idk why they would post rules then if they don't want you to abide by them.

All I know is hacking has alway been a permanent ban offence and griefing has always been allowed.

To change that now is not how agreements work. But I'm just trying to save SV from getting flooded with bad reviews. Its not my business if they want to succeed, I can only help with what I see. Mortal online and Mortal Online 2 are completely different. And updated list of rules and regulations is smart sense this is the updated Mortal Online. Never did I say they had to give out information. It just seems odd that for 9 years hacking was a perma ban while now out of the blue its not.

Take it as you like, im just helping as i see something that can be improved on.. whether you see it benefit or not. It was a suggestion.... plus now people can refer to this post and see that SV does as they like. No more hearing from banned players because they made it very clear here.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
This whole topic remind me on the livestream about terretory controll i once watched, when i was playing mo1, where Hernrick wanted to show the new features and people streamsniped him, grift him, insulted him in the chat and murdered him, becuase there were not happy about the patch.

In a full loot game grifing can happen to anyone, but thats why we all played the game. Games without loot make no sense.
I personally want to suggest to make the supporter packets a but more rewarding.

I personally really enjoyed mo1 but some people were dissapointed after buying the collectors edition.

I don´t understand why they not make an awesome collectors Box. The collectors edition should include the newest Conan Sword. I would have bought it.
Then people couldn't wait any longer for someone to break into your house to finally test out the collectors edition reward.

1599592252189.png

Last edited: