Robmo's Taming Information Sheet (WIP) - Description and Links Inside

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Hello Mortals

My name is Robmo and I have been enjoying my beta time gathering information on tames. Since it is the new year I figured it is time to release it for public viewing as I gather more information. This is a work in progress however I hope what's there can help you get an idea.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z1qALoD3y4pE5GHzsdbSThOX4IcZSXqx-bEcxoPaABc/edit?usp=sharing

Update 01/20/22 - As the game is gonna launch, updates will be slower as I am levelling up myself. I think there is a good foundation here and I will work on formatting more after release than pure data.

What this document aims to do is a few things so far;

1. Determine Pet Point Costs at 100 Lore (and possibly 0 for non tamers)

2. Look at stats of Max Level pets including their damage, health and PP costs

3. Lot at stats of tames that cost 45 PP so you can "dual wield" pets and see if its viable

4. Tamer Tips - Tricks and Info which may help you play to build your character. (I will not offer specific builds other than my own as I will never claim one build is better than the other, its subjective but its good to optimize your build)

5. Feeding - This will show how many units per 100 hunger you will need to feed your pets. Very WIP

6. Domination - This is WIP and will include PP costs for Dominated pets.

7. Some Fishing information ( It is more of a thing for myself but I included it for now)

Things I'd like to add;

1. A possible "triple wield" pet tab (Triple wielding would be more for distraction than pure damage)

2. Possibly more detailed mount info

3. More information regarding Domination

If you would like to add to the sheet I have a form linked in the document but I shall link it below. Please when giving me information to follow a similar format to what is on the document and information gathering methods. You can also if you like give me suggestions or tell me tamers suck :p;

Please ask questions alone and I hope this is useful enough to get stickied.

If you want to support me the most, a quick follow on Twitch would make my day:

Last edited:

IronBamboo

Nov 13, 2021
As a fellow tamer who is getting super frustrated by taming (nodelines OP), this is really helpful and I appreciate the effort you've put in here. Thank you and keep it up!

Reactions: Robmo

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
As a fellow tamer who is getting super frustrated by taming (nodelines OP), this is really helpful and I appreciate the effort you've put in here. Thank you and keep it up!
I appreciate the kind words =)

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
The “Educated“ human clade gift only gives +10 to material lores. You have a tip implying it’s useful for zoology lores, which it isn’t.

Some of the white fonts on light, e.g. yellow, backgrounds are unreadable.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
The “Educated“ human clade gift only gives +10 to material lores. You have a tip implying it’s useful for zoology lores, which it isn’t.

Some of the white fonts on light, e.g. yellow, backgrounds are unreadable.
Hello, thank you for this, i'll adjust today

Reactions: Nisse

sagesanford

Jan 6, 2022
Nice to meet you last night in Bakti! I'm now no longer so afraid of Campodons but I am absolutely horrified of terror birds.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Made a bit of an update. I am making small updates before launch, pure data will be slower as I level in game.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
thanks for the info. a bit of a tangent. How do you lvl creature control effectively? thanks

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
thanks for the info. a bit of a tangent. How do you lvl creature control effectively? thanks
well having a pet level up and increase PP cost seems to work, plus the CC book

Vesemir

Jan 8, 2022
May you also post what taming levels it will take to tame each animal? That will help so much for skilling up taming past book stage.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
May you also post what taming levels it will take to tame each animal? That will help so much for skilling up taming past book stage.
I'll consider this, but i do not know if that taming number changes with lore, I dont believe it does. I'll consider adding that to my taming points sheet as i start taming at launch. So as an example, to tame a horse you may need 51, but without horse lore, it may fail often

Duk420

Jan 12, 2022
Fellow tamer here. I've done some testing in haven the last week to discover the most efficient way to level taming. If it helps here's the animal progression I use for leveling taming in haven.

(up to level 20)pigs, (20-45) young springboks, (45-60) springboks, (25-100)bush pigs(can be used to level from 25 to 100 but gets frustrating trying to find the right level pigs), (60-70)wolves, (65-85)bears,(85-100) razorbacks.

XP gain is very slow for taming so expect a long road to 100.

Dalinar Kholinn

Jan 25, 2022
Good afternoon! I'm currently running into a problem when playing by myself, I'm not able to tame my first pet as I can't lower its health. I have 100 in taming. I would need to make my first gold to be able to buy the skill books like advanced creature control. Could you give some tips for people who have just started playing? Thanks a lot

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Good afternoon! I'm currently running into a problem when playing by myself, I'm not able to tame my first pet as I can't lower its health. I have 100 in taming. I would need to make my first gold to be able to buy the skill books like advanced creature control. Could you give some tips for people who have just started playing? Thanks a lot
Taming is much easier if you have a friend or two. Another thing you can do is to go on horseback and use a bow and spin in circles, lower the health.

Sravine

Jan 8, 2022
Taming is super easy to level. I tamed a bush pig and let it level to 42 I believe, at 70ish taming you can disband your pig and tame again until you get no more skill. Retame it then let it level again then repeat. 100 taming on Haven in 2 days.

Moldiworp

Feb 26, 2022
Robmo you absolute madman, respect for this and everything else you put effort into for us mere mortals! You should start your own guild based on figuring everything out. Call it The Scholars.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
Nice Sheet!

Does anyone know what Level in Taming i need to tame a Turtle Level 50?
Would like to know how high taming needs to be to do it.
Thanks in advance.