Returning - Where does MO2 Stand. My Opinion.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
After some IRL complications, I'm back and a lot has been done. Not going to make this too long, but would love some feed back on how things are from other community members. I do my upmost to keep my view fair to both guild players and solo players. Enjoy and respond with your hearts content. Now lets get this going!

Crafting - I'm sure most of you don't care, though crafting has been dumb down a bit to fit more of the casual gaming out there. Personally, I miss the old days of a good crafter having their recipes and becoming known for it. As an old maul and axe crafter, I feel things have changed just enough to where everyone who crafts weapons, armor, bows, shields, have been focused to do particular mats just cause its meta. Meta is in all games but I don't see how a vast game with many ways to craft things has become so focused onto such very few martials. Not to mention some kind of interaction while crafting would be nice. Not saying if you can't do well at the interaction you fail, just may be more time consuming.

Extraction - Would love some interaction stuff as stated above. The old school drop and wait is just out dated. Easily could make up some simple hammering a rock at particular spots, or clicking in a pattern to move the machines yourself. Same with butchery or cooking. Easy little game were you split the carcass by clicking and dragging. Food can be flipped or timed just right to gain yields. These wouldn't have to be hard or complicated games at all. Just simple things people can do other then waiting around. If people are thinking you can fail the extraction with these games, I would suggest not to have that happen. More so, it should just take longer if you aren't as good at them.

1's PVP - Haven't been in to many fights sense I've been back. Though the way people are fighting now is kind cowardly as hell. Been jumped enough to laugh when I parry people and they run. It's not good old MO where getting jumped really meant fight for flight. Not to mention my first restart was with max Dex veela and could barely run away from fights. Just seemed off sense I should have been easily able to run away maxed out. Regardless of the speed issues I feel exist, just the long 1v1's if its a parry fight just feel slow and feels terrible with higher ping ( I'm at 170 ). Don't feel like I need to talk ping sense its always been an issues. One server will always cause latency issues between players.

Group PVP - This I have not done sense I've been back, I will not comment to much on it though I still see one thing. It's not to bad! When played out properly and teams are close to fair like 3v4 or 7v5. The lower numbered fighters can still win with proper targeting. This makes it fun and enjoyable with some training and teamwork.

PVE - Done a good bit of farming the world. Most of the time the AI is doing well. Leaving you alone after a decent follow. Attacking at a fairish range, sometimes can seem a bit far. Reactions when players are around and doing stuff with equipment is a cool feature. Though taming some stuff can be rough sense it takes forever to get near enough to do anything with them. Maybe a sneak or slight crouch to get closer to things without them noticing would be nice. Of course theirs races that do better then others, though it would seem fair to have everyone get a chance to get close and some races don't get noticed as easily... For my overall, it's good, could be better with respawn times and maybe some AI interactions that make other AI fight AI. Allowing the world to be more lively would be awesome.

Sieging - Just add it already. I don't see how you can have castles that aren't able to be taken by others. Just seems unfair. Also would like to know how far is the sieging going to go. Like are you going to make everything destroyable, houses, strongholds, keeps. Or be focus on those Stronghold and Keeps to keep the fair side of being a solo player alive. Not saying we shouldn't be able to lose our houses. Just not sure how to look at full sieging sense it does take a good bit for a solo player to even get a home.

Mounts - Always been a tamer and feel its better then before. Nothing to crazy but nothing deadly boring. Really wish there was more, or even the ability to train other pets into being rideable at certain levels. The pet bag add on was cool, the crafting half is nice to see as well. Overall its better, breeding needs to be a thing though. It's just war over mounts most of the time and why not make it a profession. It's a worthy profession.

Housing - Seems cool. Really wish a player could create a village or something. Not saying the map doesn't have enough houses, it does... Though some player made villages and items we could use to build up a proper homestead would be a game changer. I'm not suggesting crazy huge layouts, just maybe a decent size ring around your home that you can place things like farm pens, gardens, smithing shop, stables, shed ect. Mostly think a small place someone would really use. I get we can put down some tables in the house, but really we should be able to put them outside too.

Criminal VS Citizen - This will always be a rawring topic. As a MO1 player I did my fair share of both murdering as a mad man and helping all those that pasted as a blue. With the new bounty system I think things can be saved with how many killers roam. Murder count system seems a bit better then before, still feel as if a reporting system should be in place for when your pet get murdered, or even witnessing a murder. I do not think it should be agents your timer as a grey/red, though maybe brings down the reputation they have in those areas. I think they got a lot to work on, though could be heading in the right direction. We'll see though, overall: Better then before, yet kinda worse if you prefer the bloodly road.

Tasks - Simple... they are boring. Give options like, gathering "x" amount of martials for "y" reasoning. As time goes and the bounties go up. Maybe have people buy bounty contracts from towns to gain reputation. Add in some guild rep maybe. Could also have players build up the city with engineers. Could keep adding more stuff if requested.. This could be a very valuable part of the game and I just see it being looked down on.

Fishing - It's fishing, would love to see a bit more yield. Though I'm sure it's still the easiest way to make semi safe money. Would love to see more though, you know, fish in the water, maybe spear fishing and jumpers. Could just be more lively is all. Jumping fish is so casual in games now its odd to not even see them unless they are on hook or in inventories.

Wood and Rocks - Well the gathering is still the same for the most part. Maybe gathering more wood per tick would be nice sense you can get like 3 stacks of rock in the time you can get 1 stack of wood. Though in some ways this makes sense, just feel it could be a bit higher. Would have loved to see what Henrik was talking about about rocks breaking and trees falling. Even this might be to much just due to how the stream lines are. Not really sure, just would be awesome to have a more lively world.

Overall- It's getting somewhere. I could say all the wishes and I know it would go nowhere. Now, I feel if they focused more on one thing at a time and kept it as glitch free as possible on each update. They could have a really good game with small amount of content continuously flowing. Some of these bigger updates have seen huge step backs due to many unknown issues. Which I believe if they just put in less during the updates they could have better outcomes with them. We all love huge updates but at the same time hate the glitches. Save all of us the stress and give up quality not quantity. The game has lots of love and could be great.

Please feel free to blow my post up as always!
-Phen