Remove/Reduce Blunt damage from 2H Swords

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
With the changes to blunt damage through parries, it's even less acceptable for 2H swords to be dealing a chunk of Blunt damage. If the role of hammers and the like is to break through parries and heavy armor, then that is what their role should be.

Discuss ideas

Alrashid

Jun 1, 2020
Germany
yeah ! i understand that a big hammer or axe do dmg u through u parry but a sword shouldnt! (mabe only if u build a cuprum or messing one which is super heavy, and only if u fully charge u hits with those)

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
blunt damage isn't even significant meaning maces are still fairly useless given most are slow have have not good hitboxes. blunt damage needs to be higher through parries on them to make them viable honestly.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
blunt damage isn't even significant meaning maces are still fairly useless given most are slow have have not good hitboxes. blunt damage needs to be higher through parries on them to make them viable honestly.
So u can nullify the entire parry system? Seems unwise..

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
So u can nullify the entire parry system? Seems unwise..
u mean the one where you parry everything and do no damage unless you zerg someone. seems unwise.

no I mean making blunt weapons useful, because they honestly fall very short in the current set up. not the worst but they are down there.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Do you use a shield? How much damage are you talking about taking from a greatblade? And what is your armor weight? I haven't noticed greatblades doing much damage at all through parries.

Also if you remove blunt damage from greatblades, it's not only going to effect parries. Its going to lower the damage of greatblades by quite a lot. And if you keep the damage on the same by buffing slashing damage...then its basically a katana.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Blunt damage only bleeds through parries on very low strength characters.

The purpose of the mechanic is to stop skinny mages with daggers from negating 100% of the damage from big heavy weapons like axes and hammers.

Of course it also results in the heavy greatblade which has a decent amount of blunt damage hitting through your parries as well, but no other swords should be hitting very significantly.

I believe the solution here is to reduce the pierce damage of the heavy greatblade as it is clearly the meta sword at the moment, and the other greatblades essentially don't get used ever.

It also makes sense for the pierce damage to be reduced as the curved blade should not have higher thrusting potential than the straight blades. This would result in more people choosing other swords over the heavy one as it wouldn't be the best choice for all situations anymore, meaning less people hitting mages for significant blunt damage through their parries with swords.

I'll admit this is a slight thread hijack to talk about weapon balance, but it also ties into the topic well enough and so I self absolve of any wrongdoing.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Since a couple patches ago, it was in the notes.

I do not know the exact calculation, no.
It's dumb enough that with a shield you take LESS damage by NOT parrying the attack. The damage through parry mechanic is remarkably half-baked and is not implemented well.

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020
It's dumb enough that with a shield you take LESS damage by NOT parrying the attack. The damage through parry mechanic is remarkably half-baked and is not implemented well.
dont play a puny elf and you wont get hit through parry

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
We tested Tungsteel spears and swords..... Tung Spears hit me for 50 through mage armor, Tung Sword hit me for 80........ Nerf swords please, it's ridiculous and there's a reason so many people use them currently and even before the stress test.