Religions

boogis

Nov 15, 2020
Henrik said they gonna have a rligion system and he said everyone can suggest ideas, so here we go but prepere, its gonna be a long one.

EGREGORS:
what is egregor. simply its an spiritual energy bank. Like a spiritual currency. and its a bank.
evil energy and good energy. there are gods, eveil and good ones. if you do good deed, you get egregor points of good. if you do bad deed you get points of evil. Do not mistake it with karma.
every players has his own points and common points. for example it looks like this 100/100000, where 100 its his own points and 100000 its points of all evil or good players including this player.
points needed to perform magic. good or evil, depends who you belong. this magic can be defensive and offensive and fight against each other. for example - curse, which lowing your skill, its evil magic, and cleance, which destroyes curse, its good magic. or armagedon (fire rain of whole city size) which is evil magic and holy shield which can cover whole city and defend from armagedon.
so, oncee ive started it, armagedon cannot be performed by normal players personal points, its can only be performed by coomon points, so points of all players. And who can perform it? priests. Priests is not a class of character. you can have any character you want but you can become a priest. or highest priest.

priests worship gods, in simple way priests are like a bankers if we say egregor is like a bank. there are good and evil prists. good one control good egregor. evil one control evil egregor. as a spiritual bankers they can give spiritual loans. its like a quests. for example evil prists gave few people quest to kill 10 good agmirs and bring their heads for reward. reward of gold and evil points. those people came close to good city and started chopping heads, hiding their identity. good periests found out and looked in a spirit ball. so they found out it was michael and john who was chopping heads, so they issued counter quest to chop their heads for reward of money and their good points. reminder - points needed to perform magic by prists. simple people might not even have ability to perform magic with their own ponts but they sill need to collect them cos prists exchage them for money.
how? very simple. as more points you have as more loan in form of quest you can get. for example. for the quest mentioned above, evil prist could offer 500 gold and 100 point of evil, but to be able to get that you have to have your own personal 100 points of evil and if you failed priest get those. if you succeed you double it. so you always gambling.

once priest got those heads he sucrifice them to gods and get his own points of evil so he can perform magic. the priest whith highest points rate become a highest prist and he can use common points to perform total magic.
prist get his points quest from goods and then re-giving it to players, but for the amount of points he can still get profit.
after toatal magic was casted, common egregor dropes its points for the number of points this spell cost, all players lose come of the points. even priests, but most % is lost by highest priest. this way there will be not one priest forever, they will be alwayes changing. but this way not many highest prists wouldd want to lose their possition and the only way to start casting a total spells will be a very seriouse reason. so no one will want to lose their egregor spells unless other side will star to using it.
like i said, every good spell has oposite spell in evil spells and vice versa, deffesive and offensive, so it will be like a cold war. but remember - as more you gaining common spels as more brutal and violent spels there are. like a global earth quake for example. or toatal flood. or plague. and you have to be prepared for that with your own spells if you wanna stop it, so collect more of your own points.
actually i wanna see good have only have defensivee spells and evil only offencive cos. cos good is good and evil is evil.

you can turn evil any time but you cant reverse back to good. but you can spy for good tho. cos not everyone can see number of common points only the highest priest. so oposite side will never know which skill is ready to be performed.
btw, toatal spells cannot be performed by the second. its can take one day or even a week. so highest prist start to cast it and can be interrapted any time by enemy. if you log of your character still in the game. so protect your highest priest plz. also opposite side can monitor what skill is performing and get ready to perform another for protection.

there can be many diffrent gods, who give diffrent quests. and they worshiped by diffrent priests churches. players can warship only one god or few. if they warship few they get less points sometimes cos some gods are jalouse gods.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The only 2 Gods in Mortal:

Soldeous or Umbra.

You either bask in the light of Soldeous, or revel in the shadows of Umbra. Everything else, is wasted breath.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I don't recall him saying players could suggest an entire religion system, but I could have easily missed it.

Mats has already developed in depth lore about the different gods of Nave, and I imagine the systems behind how religion can affect the world.

Players can choose to role play and make up gods that don't actually exist in the lore, but there are specific gods already according to Mats and I hope we see them have an impact on the world in a cool way as has been alluded to.

Reactions: Tzone

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I don't recall him saying players could suggest an entire religion system, but I could have easily missed it.
I don't recall him ( @Henrik Nyström ) saying that either, but could also have missed it. (We can ask @Speznat to try to remember, when he's feeling up to it.).

I do know that the suggestion in the OP entails not just Law (Tindremic or Khurite or from some other nation with which faction can be gained) to be defined (bu the Devs) and mechanics of criminality to be built around it, but for the developers to god-mode further and decide that some things (actions) are Good, and others Evil. This has never really been the way religions are done in Mortal games. Titles have overlapped, murder counts were once burnable (and it took five to turn you Red), and every religion that role-players and player-lore-creators could come up with had it's own points of view-- mostly, that their way was the good or excellent or powerfulf one, and opposing ones bad (even if just "failing" or "wesk").

One religion, for instance, prescribed a number of ( #practicalroleplay ) Corporeal and Spiritual Works of Mercy (reposted some day for perusal, just not this minute), and held that all the Kinds of Man including the Risar were to be claimed by the Sol Deus as his own-- but also had a sainted archbishop who observed that:​
  • "Thus the path to salvation is paved with the skull of the heretic and the blood of the righteous."
Another Prophet-led religion believes that all but a fatihful few are heathens who eternally need to be cleansed in their own blood until they could truly "REPENT!".​
Some worship darkness and blood because those are their virtues. Some exalt their leaders, and these are usually guild leaders, as infallible and chosen by whatever god. There are various levels of depth to the religions, but no end to their uses.​

Few if any think of themselves as evil, though some might strive for such a reputation, or just not care. The OP suggestion seems likely to some interfere with some of these traditions, at least slightly denature the individual trappings of these stories (because that's what they are), and I can't predict what religion as a SYSTEM would do to the balance of the game.

Reactions: Valoran and Speznat

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I don't recall him ( @Henrik Nyström ) saying that either, but could also have missed it. (We can ask @Speznat to try to remember, when he's feeling up to it.).

I do know that the suggestion in the OP entails not just Law (Tindremic or Khurite or from some other nation with which faction can be gained) to be defined (bu the Devs) and mechanics of criminality to be built around it, but for the developers to god-mode further and decide that some things (actions) are Good, and others Evil. This has never really been the way religions are done in Mortal games. Titles have overlapped, murder counts were once burnable (and it took five to turn you Red), and every religion that role-players and player-lore-creators could come up with had it's own points of view-- mostly, that their way was the good or excellent or powerfulf one, and opposing ones bad (even if just "failing" or "wesk").

One religion, for instance, prescribed a number of ( #practicalroleplay ) Corporeal and Spiritual Works of Mercy (reposted some day for perusal, just not this minute), and held that all the Kinds of Man including the Risar were to be claimed by the Sol Deus as his own-- but also had a sainted archbishop who observed that:​
  • "Thus the path to salvation is paved with the skull of the heretic and the blood of the righteous."
Another Prophet-led religion believes that all but a fatihful few are heathens who eternally need to be cleansed in their own blood until they could truly "REPENT!".​
Some worship darkness and blood because those are their virtues. Some exalt their leaders, and these are usually guild leaders, as infallible and chosen by whatever god. There are various levels of depth to the religions, but no end to their uses.​

Few if any think of themselves as evil, though some might strive for such a reputation, or just not care. The OP suggestion seems likely to some interfere with some of these traditions, at least slightly denature the individual trappings of these stories (because that's what they are), and I can't predict what religion as a SYSTEM would do to the balance of the game.
Henrik just said in his last stream that mats has some very deep releigion system in mind, and that they will amke something like rituals and more stuff. but not specified what how, wich, why, what we can do.
I dont know.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

edmara464

Mar 5, 2023
The concept of the highest priest also sounds intriguing as it creates a competitive environment where players strive to gain the most points.
I'm also curious about the different gods and churches in the game. It can add a lot of depth and diversity to the game world, and I can see players aligning themselves with different gods and churches.
Overall, your ideas sound really exciting and I can't wait to see how they are implemented in Henrik. By the way, thanks for sharing the link to FirstChurchLove.com. I'll definitely check it out. Keep the ideas coming!

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The only 2 Gods in Mortal:

Soldeous or Umbra.

You either bask in the light of Soldeous, or revel in the shadows of Umbra. Everything else, is wasted breath.

you know you posted some nerdy shit when Naj likes it... unless she has a weird forum crush on you - ahem. -

Religions could be factions. Make the game even more ridiculous and offensive, make it permissible to kill people who are not the same religion as you, haha. Dudes who choose no religion can still get killed, but not thru the JIHAD system.

PS: time for some new lore. New gods.

everything SV has produced thusfar is jank except for shit that they don't understand... cuz they couldn't import it from MO1.