Quality of Life Suggestion - Lock UI

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Hey everyone,

I'd like to suggest adding the option of locking our UI to avoid accidentally moving player/target frames. I find myself frequently shifting them while accessing my bags. Also, the settings window should take priority over target/player frames. My frames are located in a position that blocks me from pressing "Save Changes" and "Reset Settings".

Nothing game-breaking here. Just wanted to share while it was on my mind. Thank you!

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
Good suggestion, many other games employ this and it is a simple addition. Can't count how many times I've accidentally moved something in Mortal 1.

Reactions: Rolufe and PatWins

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Hey everyone,

I'd like to suggest adding the option of locking our UI to avoid accidentally moving player/target frames. I find myself frequently shifting them while accessing my bags. Also, the settings window should take priority over target/player frames. My frames are located in a position that blocks me from pressing "Save Changes" and "Reset Settings".

Nothing game-breaking here. Just wanted to share while it was on my mind. Thank you!

Couldn't agree more. I feel like they could add an option to easily lock them or have a edit UI option like in many other games to adjust as you like while in edit and once you save they are locked in.

Great suggestion Pat!

Reactions: PatWins

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Although I obviously agree that we should be able to lock the UI if we don't intend on moving it any time soon, the core problem here is layer authority.

If we have the settings menu open, not only should the UI such as status bars or compass not be movable, but you shouldn't even be able to see them.

If the inventory is open, it should take priority and not allow things like the compass to sit on top of it.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
If we have the settings menu open, not only should the UI such as status bars or compass not be movable, but you shouldn't even be able to see them.

I dont know if removing them because you are in the settings ( I change my settings for combat vs wondering strictly an accuracy thing for me) just because if someone attacks you while in setting, I kinda wanna know xP

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I dont know if removing them because you are in the settings ( I change my settings for combat vs wondering strictly an accuracy thing for me) just because if someone attacks you while in setting, I kinda wanna know xP
A fair point, but if someone hits you while you're busy in the settings menu you're probably going to notice the noise of you taking damage and the red highlights more so than the changing of your health bar as seen through the semi-opaque menu background.

Unless of course you have your health bar in an area of the screen that isn't covered by the menu background, in which case it would still be plainly visible, what I meant was that they shouldn't appear on top of the settings menu.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
A fair point, but if someone hits you while you're busy in the settings menu you're probably going to notice the noise of you taking damage and the red highlights more so than the changing of your health bar as seen through the semi-opaque menu background.

Unless of course you have your health bar in an area of the screen that isn't covered by the menu background, in which case it would still be plainly visible, what I meant was that they shouldn't appear on top of the settings menu.

Well not everyone can hear, and some people have visual issues with prime colors.

I completely agree that there should be some kinda way to lock in UI. Maybe even just an option in the settings for each UI so you can lock them if you want.

Also wondering when it comes the the settings UI itself. How would you guys feel if they just added a transparency adjustment so we can see past it?

Rulant

May 30, 2020
please /lockui seb

Also wondering when it comes the the settings UI itself. How would you guys feel if they just added a transparency adjustment so we can see past it?
Good idea also, simple shit like these UI suggestions go a long way to making a game feel good.

Reactions: PatWins