PSY Change

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44

I just raised my PSY from 20 to 81. I have 100 intelligence. I cast fulmination on myself and got hit for 45. When I had 20 PSY I got hit for 55~60. This is unacceptable damage mitigation for the amount of attribute points invested. Please buff the effect of PSY in reducing damage.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Get rid of resist and but damage mitigation with a curve so its strong at the lower numbers and gives less mitigation added the more psy you have.

Psy is a joke and everyone saying it isnt isnt playing psyfighters. 100 psy to get decent mitigation gimping your character in every other sector.

D

Deleted member 44

Just look at this BS.

The F am I supposed to fight this. The guy is wearing scale armor and I'm hitting him with the best short bow in the game.

Attachments

• 1638475099773.png
    1638475099773.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 1638475113425.png
    1638475113425.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1638483815171.png
    1638483815171.png
    29 KB · Views: 48
  • 1638484818288.png
    1638484818288.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 54

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
these are weak findings, and within the intended normal parameters, and with the class having the highest amount of handicaps of all classes, this post is just a troll, there was not evidence of a resist that would be 25 damage, and quite frequently and for the mana they just burned that's what's unfair i think the resist should be nerfed, because if you resist once and they continue to try to flamestrike then they oom and become useless for the remainder of the fight there's no time to take off armor and sit down

bad portrayal of the system and prejudice evidence presented for a bias opinion

D

Deleted member 44

these are weak findings, and within the intended normal parameters, and with the class having the highest amount of handicaps of all classes, this post is just a troll, there was not evidence of a resist that would be 25 damage, and quite frequently and for the mana they just burned that's what's unfair i think the resist should be nerfed, because if you resist once and they continue to try to flamestrike then they oom and become useless for the remainder of the fight there's no time to take off armor and sit down

bad portrayal of the system and prejudice evidence presented for a bias opinion
What the actual F are you talking about? I have actual results and you claim bias. Numbers don't lie bud. You come and attack every post I make because I dump your little brain in, in-game. It's broken and you know it's broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
What the actual F are you talking about? I have actual results and you claim bias. Numbers don't lie bud. You come and attack every post I make because I dump your little brain in, in-game. It's broken and you know it's broken.
Dude just lies out his ass.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Not enough testing for any useful data to test how much improved the resist chance is or such. If you recall the flat damage reduction is already a buff. The main appeal of psy is the resist which I agree should just be a higher flat reduction instead of rng because rng is bs.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
You've never killed me but i have killed you before, no reason to get aggressive, i disagreed with your testing method, and excluding portions of psy that dont fit your narative, i never attacked your post. just pointed out the flawed way of doing it, you didnt provide a video, just screenshots that could have been from anything, you actually said you had a video of the results and that proved false also.

D

Deleted member 44

You've never killed me but i have killed you before, no reason to get aggressive, i disagreed with your testing method, and excluding portions of psy that dont fit your narative, i never attacked your post. just pointed out the flawed way of doing it, you didnt provide a video, just screenshots that could have been from anything, you actually said you had a video of the results and that proved false also.
I haven't processed the video yet. Jesus.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
For some more context to Psyche reduction and resist values that is somewhat lacking in this discussion, what I've found through my own testing:
  • You are more likely to resist spells the higher your Psyche difference between the req skill range of the spell. So lower level spells more frequently resist. You can get to a point where you almost always resist certain spells e.g. outburst (10-25 skill range) at 100 psyche is around 7/10 resists.
  • You get just short of 5% magic dmg reduction per 10 points of Psy. At 100 psyche you get around 40% flat magic reduction. At 50 psyche its around 20%. This is before resists.
  • Resists HALVE the damage taken AFTER the initial psyche damage reduction.
So the system overly rewards higher psyche because of the higher chance to resist vs various levels of spells, which is why taking some psyche doesn't feel as impactful, but taking a lot of psyche does. Problem is, this typically sacrifices the player's combat potential through other attributes that are more important for offense.

I think raising the min resist chance would make up for this and feel better to take some Psyche at lower levels.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
And again, people want all the max but not the min, you can make good psy warriors as a human and they are very viable. A guildmate is running one. I fulm into flamestrike not even half of his life. And if he resist the damage it is a joke. He can also just cleanse the fulmi off as a human or activate the magic defense Warcry.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
The only reason Topaha escaped me and survived a couple days ago was because he obviously has some PSY in his build. Tlash for 17 followed by Outburst for 9. Maybe you should try playing a build that isn't weak to magic.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The only reason Topaha escaped me and survived a couple days ago was because he obviously has some PSY in his build. Tlash for 17 followed by Outburst for 9. Maybe you should try playing a build that isn't weak to magic.
Gimp your build to take slightly less damage and have slightly better rng chances to resist overpowered spells (y)
Sounds like good advice.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
1638733302082.png1638733324305.png

Psy is working just fine for you my friend you resist just fine This was just in one fight and a more accurate portrayal of how fine Psy is

Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Deleted member 44

View attachment 2877View attachment 2878

Psy is working just fine for you my friend you resist just fine This was just in one fight and a more accurate portrayal of how fine Psy is
Wow lighting. Good evidence man. Corrupt is resisted and does full damage. Cool. Post the screenshot of laser beaming doing 70~ to my horse and the reason you all could even kill me. Plays fat mages and says fat mage isn't OP. Also, are you even a fat mage? Show your INT and Mental Offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tzone
D

Deleted member 44

Here's an actual fight with high level magic being used.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Just play mounted fat mage. No reason to play anything else for PvP. If you are playing a foot fighters you are just roleplaying at this point.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Wow lighting. Good evidence man. Corrupt is resisted and does full damage. Cool. Post the screenshot of laser beaming doing 70~ to my horse and the reason you all could even kill me. Plays fat mages and says fat mage isn't OP. Also, are you even a fat mage? Show your INT and Mental Offense.
What else should they do? Hit double horse armor for 6? :)

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I cant agree with you more! Perhaps some people are right above. But ive had 80 Psy one time and was still getting hit for 55-60. And only resisting like 1 in every 5 spells. I only have around 100hp so that shit was a waist for me.

I would also like to see some magic school rely on Psy, Like its your mental state, so it would be cool to have spiritism spells rely on Psy rather then intelligence. So the More Psy you have the more damage you do with Spiritism, and any other magic they make that uses the spirit/mind.

Examples: Domination, Green Lantern type magic where you make mental constructs, telekinesis...