Prevent deletion of items after receiving pet damage

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Hey,
a lot of people delete their loot shortly before they get dismounted because damage to the horse does not count as (the player) taking damage, and therefore deleting of all items is possible.
IMHO pet damage should also count for the non-destroy timer, and generally the non-destroy time should be increased.

Thanks!

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
How do you know this? I mean, couldn't they just have had nothing in their bags? (I'm not opposed, just sayin)

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
I tested this before, as long as the horse gets hit and not you can quickly delete items.

SV pls batch.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
How do you know this? I mean, couldn't they just have had nothing in their bags? (I'm not opposed, just sayin)
I killed people with several stacks of items in their inventory while riding. They probably didn't know that you can delete it directly out of the pet bag and instead dragged it into their inventory before trying to delete it. Unfortunately for them they received player damage in the meantime and couldn't delete it anymore.

Reactions: Wyndorn
D

Deleted member 44

I agree with this but would push this one further. Remove deleting things from the game and make them drop of the floor. Last Oasis did this and it worked fine. Same engine, so same solution can be used. The items will be deleted from the game world after five minutes which is currently what we have.

We have been killing a lot of BEAR, Talus Confederation, and ES/Omerta and they all try to delete their items before they die. There is even a feature in the game that they are using to delete the shit they are wearing instantly. Lame systems indeed.