PLS BAN Pets Training in Dummies

Mazarope

Dec 21, 2021
Dear Devs and Players,

I've seen many pets training in the combat dummies in Meduli.

This is made to lvl up the pets up to lvl 125 and use than in combat or sell then in the market.

Either way, I see no benefit on keeping it after release. It’s a fantasy game, yes, but pets training no stop in a Dummies makes no sense.

Pls fix or change it and improve the game.
Pets  Training.jpgPhoto attached.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
i'm a tamer myself , and i agree ... ppl are bitching so much about grifing cause it's realist ... so yeah , ban it or at least put a limit to the lvl pet can be trained at dummy...

Reactions: Mazarope

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
No they shouldn't remove it. Without training dummies it would literally take 60-90 hours of being logged into game an having your pets out to level them to 125. If they make animal care a secondary I'll agree. But I see no reason why I should have to spend 60 hours in game with my pet following me to max it out, when one player can kill it in a minute.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You shouldnt be able to AFK train pets like this. Nerf them on dummies and maybe buff them on mobs outside of zombies. Maybe give a hard cap on ho high a level you can get pet to on dummies.

Mazarope

Dec 21, 2021
As much as I hate pet users..

No.

The alternatives take so much longer.

As a tamer myself, I agree with you that the alternatives take to much time now and thats the reason ppl are using the Dummies.

So they could stop the AFK PET Training in Dummies and make pet lvl progression faster on regular pet activities like riding a horse, or using dogs and bears to atacks.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
As a tamer myself, I agree with you that the alternatives take to much time now and thats the reason ppl are using the Dummies.

So they could stop the AFK PET Training in Dummies and make pet lvl progression faster on regular pet activities like riding a horse, or using dogs and bears to atacks.
It would also be nice to have the ability to pay the stable NPC to level your pets, like how it was in MO 1.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It takes 10 hours to lvl a pet on dummies currently.
all to have it fall through the ground or die to a lictor that tele stickies it forever.

its fine

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
dead but yea I've skilled MA and MC on that dummy around pets, if you turn off crims, but yea it's ugly. I agree w/ the idea that pets should level better in actual combat. There needs to be a way for the game to tell (impossible?) when you're fighting opposed to just training. It shouldn't be an epic time sink to get your pet to 125, but otoh I think you should have to use it in battles and a 125 would be a pet with some real battle stripes.

Edit: and ye, 100 should be trainable by the EQ as before.

Mining, chopping wood, processing, gathering carcs, those are the 'time sinks' that the game is built off of. The rest I really am not into. I only had a 125 good mount in MO1 a few times (due to friends honestly, w/ keeps.) I understand they wanna balance it against things like mining-->weps, but I DUNNO BUD. The whole hitting a dummy combat leveling is not WAI anyway.

I hope they can fix a lot of the afk stuff cuz it's gonna be just... disgusting on release. People are def gonna be getting their pets blown up a la Evel. And I dunno if that's worth it for player experience.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
You shouldnt be able to AFK train pets like this. Nerf them on dummies and maybe buff them on mobs outside of zombies. Maybe give a hard cap on ho high a level you can get pet to on dummies.
I was gonna suggest this. Seems like a super simple solution. Just give them more XP than current when they kill a mob. Take one out to kill bandits or harder mobs for more xp.

Or even use the old system of paying the stablemaster gold to level your pet over time. Anything beats seeing them in town attacking training dummies.