Please fix player name loading distance

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Hello,

I am once again asking for your support StarVault to please fix player name loading distance. Oftentimes you have no idea who a person is because [Humanoid] doesn't load until you're within melee sprint range. Please fix this ASAP, this has been broken since Stress Test.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
It is indeed a major issue. Nothing makes dying to 5 sync'd archers MORE aggravating than not knowing who a single one was...

Gear also needs to load in faster. I think this has been at least spoken about by Henrik, though.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Good luck. Last time they had server stability issues they decided to reduce the rendering distance and delete mob spawns. You know, one step forward 10 steps backward.

D

Deleted member 44

Let's keep this post going. If your PC can support unlimited draw distance why not allow it. I remember in MO1 climbing the mountains of Fabernum while watching the city below. You would get to a point where city would just pop out of existence. Not only does increased render range give a tactical advantage but it's really immersion breaking to see the pop in/out effect. So many times in MO2 I would be traveling in the world I would see a naked player running along, and then all of a sudden they would be mounted and in full steel armor.

Reactions: Rorry and Evelyn

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you are a archer you have to give up your biggest advantage in order to see who it is. I can agree if people say you would naturally be too far away to see the who they are exactly, but naturally you would see what they would be wearing but the tech of the game isnt up to presenting that info to the players yet.

I would really like at lease to see if a player is a guildy at a decent distance. Not something too crazy like render range or but something in a distance that you would not be too disadvantaged.

At least with this way it wouldnt be too hard on the clients PC if its a issue with performance. If you allow better pc's to see names and details further that would be pretty unbalanced in combat for lower end PCs who already have a low frame issue. Imagine a low end PC player not being able to see the game of a player but that player can see the name and choose how to proceed.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I for one do not see everyone as naked bodies when they are too far away to identify, lol

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I for one do not see everyone as naked bodies when they are too far away to identify, lol
Really? I thought it was universal. 😞
If I am riding towards someone who is standing still I cannot see their armor or name until they are 4-5 horse lengths away. Before that they are naked and called humanoid.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Really? I thought it was universal. 😞
If I am riding towards someone who is standing still I cannot see their armor or name until they are 4-5 horse lengths away. Before that they are naked and called humanoid.
No no I was making an oblique joke, nevermind lol

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021
Let's keep this post going. If your PC can support unlimited draw distance why not allow it. I remember in MO1 climbing the mountains of Fabernum while watching the city below. You would get to a point where city would just pop out of existence. Not only does increased render range give a tactical advantage but it's really immersion breaking to see the pop in/out effect. So many times in MO2 I would be traveling in the world I would see a naked player running along, and then all of a sudden they would be mounted and in full steel armor.

You've killed my horse twice because I didn't know who you were until i was on top of your lol

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The current draw distance is unacceptable. Even if they are going for some kind of "You can't really see who someone is from half a mile away" vibe... at least render in their equipment. Thing is, if I can get useful info about their equipment at 1000 feet in-game, that means I could IRL too. And yeah. I think I could tell the difference between a naked and someone in full armor at a very long distance IRL.

Reactions: Deleted member 44