Pixelated Flicker Shadows

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
i would love to see new shadows who deserves to be in a game like MO2.

here are 3 videos (AA,Shadows,DLSS,Textures are on MAX), it looks way worse irl:

Last edited:

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
the links dont show anything for me.

I have the lickering shadows too, might be my old hardware though (GTX 980)

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Do you see any difference between DLSS on and DLSS off? Because for me it looks that way when I turn of DLSS. With DLSS it's much better. Probably you card does not support it?

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Do you see any difference between DLSS on and DLSS off? Because for me it looks that way when I turn of DLSS. With DLSS it's much better. Probably you card does not support it?

I got an RX 580 and it does nothing currently. I really hope SV doesn´t put all of their eggs in the nvidia basket. Not sure if that´s healthy considering their demographic.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020

the new RTX cards could look better but i can still see the pixel shadows in these videos.
i have a GTX 1070 and with (fake) DLSS off its looks like pure hell, with lowered resolution and full:

😎

Last edited:

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I'm playing on 4K, all details at max, and get pixelated/flickering shadows (especially along the edges). It's a 3080, so I don't think it's an old hardware issue. It does seem when I watch other people's videos on Youtube that their shadows are not like that.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
So, I think I resolved this issue on my side. Next to resolution to the left where you select "Fullscreen, Windowed, Borderless" it was blank for me for some reason. I changed it to Fullscreen and all a sudden I realized the game previously I don''t evne think was running at 4k (despite having that resolution selected). It must have been more like 1080p. My FPS went from 60 to 45, but now the game looks amazing and the shimmering shadows/graininess is basically all gone.

So in summary, if you haven't manually selected Fullscreen, try that. =)

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
So, I think I resolved this issue on my side. Next to resolution to the left where you select "Fullscreen, Windowed, Borderless" it was blank for me for some reason. I changed it to Fullscreen and all a sudden I realized the game previously I don''t evne think was running at 4k (despite having that resolution selected). It must have been more like 1080p. My FPS went from 60 to 45, but now the game looks amazing and the shimmering shadows/graininess is basically all gone.

So in summary, if you haven't manually selected Fullscreen, try that. =)
no nothing changed and like you say you still have them just less visible with a higher resolution. it depends on the scene, go out when the sun is shining into the forest i think you still see them.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Right what probably happened is I just went actual 4K and that hid it more.